PDA

View Full Version : UPlay Improvements

nytiger73
10-25-2016, 11:21 PM
There have been quite a few improvements to the UPlay client. It's gotten quite a bit better and has gotten to the point where I don't mind using it at all. You've added some improvements to how the client looks for games which are installed when re-installing UPlay or when you change your install directory. Most games now have the option to tell the UPlay client where to look for a game. The only games which don't seem to have this option are Ubi games which are purchased on Steam. Because of this, it basically makes it look like the game isn't installed. If someone wants it to look like the game is installed, you basically have to completely re-download / re-install the game.

Is there a chance you might add the option to look for games in other directories so that if we want a game purchased on Steam to look like it is installed that we don't need to re-install the whole game?

Thanks.

Nacery
10-28-2016, 03:53 PM
Yeah that would be a great Idea also I would love a third-party DRM icon for steam games. I for example (and because of reasons) bought ACIV Deluxe Edition, Far Cry 3 and FC3 Blood Dragon again in Uplay with already having them on steam but the Uplay client just shows the duplicated entries in the library I hid the steam versions so it doens't get mixed with the rest but still I would like to know what version of the game I'm launching.

Nacery
10-31-2016, 11:49 AM
Also Uplay has some inconsistencies with these games. For example If I install FC3 via steam, the Uplay version of the game also gives te option to play the game but when launched throgh the Uplay entry It will deliver an error message (as the game isn't really installed, it's the Steam version that is installed) but when you install FC3BD through steam the uplay entry won't show a play button the thing is.

If you launch the steam version through Uplay, it will show a prompt asking you to choose between two versions (named exactly the same) where the first option is the uplay version and the second option is the steam version. Wouldn't be easier if tUPLAY actually shown third party DRM's? Like

- Assassins Creed IV Black Flag Deluxe edition

- Assassins Creed IV Black Flag Deluxe edition (STEAM)

- Far Cry 3

- Far Cry 3 (STEAM)

- Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

- Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (STEAM)

Nacery
10-31-2016, 12:01 PM
Also some games have lost it's Uplay pages (Trials Gold Edition, Zombi, POP the Forgotten Sands are some of these examples) so it's impossible to claim rewards or see completed actions through the client instead you have to go to the browse and acces to the Uplay Rewards profile. And some games don't show avaliable DLC to buy (at least in Europe).

Nacery
10-31-2016, 12:07 PM
Merge game entries for some games that show different entries for it's standard edition and it's digital deluxe edition/goty edition (Watch_Dogs complete, Anno 2070 Complete, all Assassin's Creed games).

That means tha buying a complete/deluxe edition game through the store won't create a new entry but will just upgrade your actual version (just like Steam does)