PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Update on the Xbox One Dark Zone Stuttering

Ubi-gabelikes
10-25-2016, 08:17 PM
Agents,

Update 1.4 went live earlier today and we've received a number of reports of stuttering in the Dark Zone on Xbox One. After further investigation, we have found that the issue is linked to the in game voice chat.

As a temporary solution, we are disabling the game voice chat on Xbox One only. This means that you will no longer be able to use the voice chat in game, which includes group chat and proximity voip. This shut down will not impact the native Xbox One party chat however, so you can continue to use it.

We will be disabling it today at 9:30pm CEST / 3:30pm EDT / 12:30pm PDT.

We are working on a permanent solution.

Thank you for your patience.

The Division Dev Team

Noa21386
10-25-2016, 08:39 PM
You mean than this:

http://xboxclips.com/Noa21386/cb995379-a56b-4e07-8e1a-de8d6810196a (http://xboxclips.com/Noa21386/cb995379-a56b-4e07-8e1a-de8d6810196a)

was caused by voice chat?

Ubi-gabelikes
10-25-2016, 09:04 PM
You mean than this:

http://xboxclips.com/Noa21386/cb995379-a56b-4e07-8e1a-de8d6810196a (http://xboxclips.com/Noa21386/cb995379-a56b-4e07-8e1a-de8d6810196a)

was caused by voice chat?

Has it gotten better with the voice chat disabled?

/gabelikes

D0MFTW
10-25-2016, 11:58 PM
It's not just in the DZ, it's in the LZ aswell. I shoot enemies and it takes upwards of 5 seconds for the hits to register while the enemies 'moon walk' sideways lol.

Noa21386
10-26-2016, 12:35 AM
Ok so the hotfix so far seems to have fixed the issue. The DZ didn't freeze for me once after like 3 hours of gameplay. It also felt a lot smoother when it comes to the micro stutter that sometimes happened. I hope you guys can turn this into a permanent solution soon.

I would also like to say for the record that I was really pissed and disappointed before but the response from the devs and gabelikes in particular really showed me that they pay attention to the community.

/Noa-likes :)

Froggins
10-26-2016, 09:47 AM
Last night Russian Consulate was unplayable on challenging - was almost at 4 FPS at one point - NOT JUST THE DZ

LepantoESP
10-26-2016, 01:50 PM
WTF????? This is beyond lame. How is this even considered a "temporary solution" .

Judgementizator
10-26-2016, 04:38 PM
I was just playing last night from 9pm-12am, and Shuttering was still there outside Dark Zone from Mission areas, Open World, etc... everywhere. It is almost at point that it is unplayable right now. it is just frustrating and irritating right now.

Hayzee
10-27-2016, 09:05 AM
This has fixed this issue for (SOMEpeople) not all and it only fixxed the really bad frame drops.(for the people it fixxed anything for)
Also it is not just in the DZ its everywhere. Im not quite sure what could be causing it but there is a good possibility its the xbox not being able to handle all of the particle (e.g the frame drop or whatever you want to call it gets ALOT worse in a blizzard compared to regular weather in game.) maybe lowering the amount of particles would help im not too sure but something need to happen because this game just became somewhat relevant again to a lot of people including myself and my friends and 3 of them cant play it drops frames so much.

V1D30
10-28-2016, 06:34 AM
With such a big update like 1.4 and the amount of fixes that were corrected make room for other issues that are never going to be fixed.

In the underground there are invisible walls all over the place, Server keeps kicking you out, Sound keeps disappearing, it seems matchmaking cant find a single person to matchmake with, they Nerfed the game so much its awful i cant understand why they keep nerfing stuff. DPS was never an issue it was the bugs and glitches in the game!!!

Every update promises great things however after its updates we are inundated with additional problems.

MattMcI1966
11-04-2016, 12:16 AM

/gabelikes

Yes, but this was never an issue until server maintenance around early September. Something has been changed somewhere that created a problem the stutter.

I asssumed servers and systems were been reduced due to the player base collapsing with 1.3 creating more lag than previously seen.

tropolite
11-05-2016, 01:53 AM

/gabelikes

Hey Gabe...

Just wanted to report on Xbox's initial lag issues.

Since the VoIP change I've had no lag, stutter of the sort in the game. It is running the smoothest it's been for me since game release. There are on odd occasions NPCs in an instant disappearing and appearing in a different location but I think this may be just a glitch and not lag, although even though I'm fairly up to speed with terminology I'm still a bit vague on what the definitions there is for the various items being reported.

ie
- Lag
- Stutter
- Frame drops
- Rubberbanding

In the past I have found if I haven't Quit from the game completely (log off the game, go back to the XB1 dashboard and Quit by using the menu button on the controller), or if I haven't lately performed a complete hard reset of the XB1 for a while (while the XB1 is on, hold the XB1 on/off button on the console for 11 secs), I may have experienced some stuttering or lag. Otherwise I'm looking forward to planned fix so we can reuse the game chat - and get heckled and mocked again - YAY. :)