PDA

View Full Version : A bit late, but what was "Rate this match" option about?

DrHazyUK
10-25-2016, 08:37 AM
Its a fair while after the fact i know, but its been niggling me (and a search yielded nothing, other than someone on the Rainbow6 forum asking the same and getting an answer along the lines of "it does nothing")... So, what is that star rating about? I don't recall seeing it explained and i'm not sure what impact it has/had - also: what would the rating indicate - that you liked your opponent, that felt you did well, or the connection held up, etc? My first guess was it would be used for matchmaking in some way, but it seems too broad a question to ask to know why you gave 1 or 5 stars. Is it simply a placebo, or are there a stack of stats being pooled and compared behind the scenes?

FredEx919
10-25-2016, 03:09 PM
Rate this match mostly refers to the overall experience during the match. I don't know that there is one specific area it's looking at. You'll see it in a few different games, but it mostly just gives an idea of the players game experience during the match.

DrHazyUK
10-25-2016, 04:25 PM
hmm.. so a "did you have fun, yes/no - and how much", or essentially "do you like the game".. but no real way of knowing what exactly it was that may lead to a given rating. So, like election results, you may know that a lot of people lean a particular way, but not necessarily why.

Appreciate the response, thank you sir :-)

DraxeI
11-01-2016, 07:43 AM
A lot of recent Ubisoft games has had the ability to rate missions and matches, so it's likely they have a technique to handle your rating in order to improve on the game.