PDA

View Full Version : 2 essential things that MUST be added for game's success. [UBISOFT please read.]

Sandro____
10-24-2016, 12:40 AM
1) dedicated servers

2) ranked ladder and ranking system for competitive purpose and sense of accomplishment + having top tier player tournaments sponsored by UBISOFT or supported by them and held by other companies such as ESL or even MLG / EVO.

3) proper Anti cheat. (An obvious addition to these 2 things that must be added. )

~~~(explanation:)~~~~

-1- host system is unpleasant to say the least and we know exactly how it works, nobody wants the final release to have this feature. Dedicated servers are a standard now days and must be implemented for proper game-play and enjoyable experience.

-2- this game has HUGE competitive potential and could even reach to a "EVO" level game where it has multiple tournaments for fighting games genre and have weakly "Go4" (ex: ESL) cups for real cash and if properly managed and supported from UBISOFT, this game could flourish into an e-sport title or at the least compete with big name fighter games like Streetfighter , Smash , Tekken and Mortal combat ( also Guilty gear ). I sat and watched For Honor streams of some decent players in the alpha for HOURS, that indicates already how entertaining it is to see a good match between high skilled players, now imagine it being on the "big screen" with a crowd shouting and "OHHH"ing at each strike or kill / death.

[EDIT:] forgot to mention.. -3- An actual anti-cheat system - Dont make the same mistake that was done with the Division. In this day and age how could they drop the ball so bad, where the game files, for an online game, are held client side so people with a little coding knowledge can alter stats and bypass the server. how something like that could get past QA ? none the less, this game will require monitoring proper anti cheat and server-sided data stored.

~~~~~~~~

anyhow , this game has ALOT of potential towards casual play and competitive play, PLEASE dont neglect this fact and think about the possibilities ahead. :)

FHL.Maryjane
10-24-2016, 01:16 AM
You've got solid ideas and can see you're gonna have a passion for this game.You should come check out the community we are developing around for honor and share some of your thoughts! Forhonorlegends.enjin.com https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/239483073677361153/239505390746730506/glowtexFINAL.png

Dez_troi_aR
10-24-2016, 01:50 PM
1) dedicated servers
2) ranked ladder and ranking system for competitive purpose and sense of accomplishment + having top tier player tournaments sponsored by UBISOFT or supported by them and held by other companies such as ESL or even MLG / EVO.

-1- host system is unpleasant to say the least and we know exactly how it works, nobody wants the final release to have this feature. Dedicated servers are a standard now days and must be implemented for proper game-play and enjoyable experience.

-2- this game has HUGE competitive potential and could even reach to a "EVO" level game where it has multiple tournaments for fighting games genre and have weakly "Go4" (ex: ESL) cups for real cash and if properly managed and supported from UBISOFT, this game could flourish into an e-sport title or at the least compete with big name fighter games like Streetfighter , Smash , Tekken and Mortal combat ( also Guilty gear ).

~~~~~~~~

anyhow , this game has ALOT of potential towards casual play and competitive play, PLEASE dont neglect this fact and think about the possibilities ahead. :)

I agree with 2) 100%.
I think i also agree with dedicated servers, though i want to take the chance and ask for an explanation on the p2p aspect. I know how it works and why people prever servers but i also heard destiny was running on p2p basis and that worked excellent for me. Am i misinformed and destiny has dedicated servers?

Sandro____
10-25-2016, 02:53 AM
I agree with 2) 100%.
I think i also agree with dedicated servers, though i want to take the chance and ask for an explanation on the p2p aspect. I know how it works and why people prever servers but i also heard destiny was running on p2p basis and that worked excellent for me. Am i misinformed and destiny has dedicated servers?

Theres no excuse to bring this kind of thing in late 2016 - early 2017.
despite what other titles have or had in the past, this game needs the best possible connection setup for us to truly enjoy the game and -not- get screwed over by things that arent within our control ( such as your opponents connection in p2p )

this game is a PVP fighting game , you're 1st concern should be your capability to run the game properly and your connection to it. peer2peer is a big No.

UBISOFT, i hope you read this topic and considering adding thouse 2 things. dedicated servers and ranked ladder system will make this game a true fun pvp game with meaning behind each win and achieving things while also spending more time playing and progressing towards becoming better and climbing higher.

there is a reason why games with ranking system are highly populated and playing them does not get boring fast ( or at all ) and this games 1v1 and 2v2 ( 4v4's as teams ) could be really interesting and competitive ( specially 1v1's ).

Dez_troi_aR
10-25-2016, 02:23 PM
there is a reason why games with ranking system are highly populated and playing them does not get boring fast ( or at all ) and this games 1v1 and 2v2 ( 4v4's as teams ) could be really interesting and competitive ( specially 1v1's ).

This is so true. Starcraft2 kept me on my toes for years (and would still do so if i still had a pc)
Not because of new skins or better items i could achieve but because i wanted to make the jump into the master-league
+1

Lady_Lynxx
11-02-2016, 01:46 PM
3)An actual anti-cheat system - Dont make the same stupid mistake that was done with the Division. In this day and age how could they drop the ball so bad, where the game files, for a damn online game, are held client side so people with a little coding knowledge can ... you know, alter stats and bypass the server. I dont even know how something like that could get past QA or if tehre even was any

Sandro____
11-03-2016, 02:13 AM
3)An actual anti-cheat system - Dont make the same stupid mistake that was done with the Division. In this day and age how could they drop the ball so bad, where the game files, for a damn online game, are held client side so people with a little coding knowledge can ... you know, alter stats and bypass the server. I dont even know how something like that could get past QA or if tehre even was any

Good thing you reminded me, division was indeed a disapointment and if ubisoft goes down the same road again it will be a disaster.

MisterWillow
11-07-2016, 05:21 AM

Someone a while ago suggested putting all the people who do things like enable god mode or drop out of losing matches should be restricted to their own server so they can play with other cheaters.

I think that's the best solution.

Breikas.
11-19-2016, 06:57 PM
A little bump for suggestions that are actually really vital to the success of the game. Ubisoft please!

Sevanity
11-21-2016, 08:09 AM
Ranked ladders are in every Blizzard game, and I have no idea why but hardly any other games have them.

They are one of the most addicting things in modern gaming and they make games have true competition.

Adding a Ranked Ladder system to For Honor significantly increase the chance of For Honor becoming an E-Sports viable game.

PowerSenpai
11-21-2016, 09:31 AM
Ranked ladders are in every Blizzard game, and I have no idea why but hardly any other games have them.

They are one of the most addicting things in modern gaming and they make games have true competition.

Adding a Ranked Ladder system to For Honor significantly increase the chance of For Honor becoming an E-Sports viable game.

I totally agree with you.

Sandro____
11-23-2016, 01:07 AM
glad to see that people agree and common sense is in the air. also, blizzard is not the only one who has "ranked system" in their games, ALOT of games have ranked systems and because of their system we have alot of competitive games which at one point or another become e-sport titles. and even if they dont, they still are addictive and truely awesome to watch and play and grind.

if these 3 things which i've listed wont be added, to much potential and proper game-play functionality will be lost and its obvious, i really hope ubisoft saw this thread and even without this thread already knew and implemented ranked system , dedicated servers AND anti cheat for this awesome game.

ill be truely disapointed in ubi if this game wont be on par with the hype.

Sandro____
11-25-2016, 06:47 PM
bump, dont know how people dont comment more on this matter and let it sink to page 2.
get your priorities straight people, this 3 things are game changing and not your splitscreen and gender-bound classes.

MisterWillow
11-25-2016, 10:39 PM
bump, dont know how people dont comment more on this matter and let it sink to page 2.
get your priorities straight people, this 3 things are game changing and not your splitscreen and gender-bound classes.

Just a heads up, the forum rules says we aren't allowed to bump threads. Mods are pretty lenient from what I've seen, but just for future reference, so you don't bump it ten times and get in trouble.

MisterWillow
11-27-2016, 08:00 PM
Would you please get a grip? You sound like someone who has never played a video game.

:confused:

Sorry? Is that impossible? Cause Titanfall did it (http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielnyegriffiths/2014/03/27/titanfalls-anti-cheat-system-activates-is-beautiful-and-hilarious/#56f8047522c4), and it seemed to work pretty well.