PDA

View Full Version : Things I don't like about the Assassin's Creed storyline OPINION!

joshoolhorst
10-23-2016, 05:39 PM
I really love the story and idea behind Assassin's Creed bu there are a few things I don't like

- Since subject 16 glyphs my suspension of disbelief took a hard hit. I'm not saying I dislike it I think it's great but... When basicly almost everything in history of legends have to do with the Assassin's VS Templar war and the POE. This let's little room for new forces and creativity, it doesn't need to change it's main storyline but this bothers me!

- The Pieces of Eden:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/3/3b/Kyrie_Eleison_15.png/revision/latest?cb=20150331010602
I find the POE went the wrong direction in AC3. See the Isu got wiped out by the sun and couldn't find a way to save themself because of the war and time issues and so they leave behind messages for the future.
AC3 tried to explain this how they knew about Desmond and here they went wrong: They started talking about looking in the future and putting their brains (you know what I mean) in machines. I'm alright with the idea but than the ending happened -_-
Juno also shows Jupiter with a laser gun shooting.
They have little rings that can protect them from bullets.
The Nexus of time.
The Sages.
Some seals with memories.
While I find this all interesting THE PROBLEM why couldn't they make space ships hell you can make earthquake devices (Never explained anyway and that was two years ago) it just seems so random that Achilles finds the ''Tree of Eden'' just so Shay can go out their and investigate it and ****s things up and blame Achilles so Rouge can begin with it's story or else there will be no story at all! it just looks to me like there was no planning at all and the writers have no idea what to do.

https://ubistatic9-a.akamaihd.net/ubicomstatic/nl-NL/global/buy-now/acu_buy_thumb_Mobile_164388.jpg
http://ru.ign.com/pictures/articles/2756/20995.jpg
- Going away from the Creed

I don't remember much of AC Blag Flag because I didn't enjoy the storyline that much, the Creed and Assassin's started started to get alot of sunshine when Black Beard died (that scene was well done btw and the character development was good I found personally) and our protagonist is sad which shows emotion which is a +.
After the end of the game WHICH WAS GREAT I LOVED IT. I can hardly take Edward serious if he just goes around and stabbing people on ships that are just doing there jobs. This we do in AC2 and the other games, killing guards (most of them are black and white in the Ezio trilogy) and stealing. But I can't buy the Assassin's working with Pirates. I just don't see that happen, in Rogue you see the pirates as frinds... So we pay them to fight for us? Look I'm not the person to talk about Blag Flag here because I didn't like the story so I might make mistakes and I hope someone can talk to me about it.

AC Unity: Look I hate Unity ALOT and the story is garbage at best!
Arno did not really care about the Creed and started to have the most random speech about the Creed I have seen yet in this franchise.
Elise is a Templar and just orders me around and is more about Revenge than the Templar ideals.
Arno is adopted and is in love with his sister Elise and she with him. I thought this can turn into a interesting plot but nobody brings it up.
The Assassin's are just their so Arno could have a reason for the Assassin ropes.
The Templars are here the worst in my eyes and Elise (for a Templar rised child) seems not to talk about the Templar ideas at all.
If this was my very first AC game I wouldn't even know why people are interested in the story because I don't know anything about the Assassin's and Templars.
The only character that seems to care about the order and the war between them was Bellec
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/c/c1/Imprisoned_12.png/revision/latest?cb=20150727210144
He seems like he cared what was going on and had for me a more interesting background than everyone in the game.

AC Rouge: Let me tell you this, this story didn't need to exist and could just have been left to imagination. I always thought ''It is hard for the Assassins to work in the dark and fight in the open if everybody has guns and edvidence is harder to cover up'' I thought in AC3 that Achilles send out Assassin's and got them all killed and Achilles felt beaten by it. Later this got added on by Charles Lee and Hickey that they knew about Achilles himself so I assume that they go after Achilles after Connor and try to find out where he is and kill him or bring Connors head after the execution... And Rouge happened -_-

Shay: You killed innocents! I'm gonna join the most nicest tea drinking Templars that kill innocents to and start to blow up ever poisen tank around the city CLOSE TO THE DAMN INNOCENT CITIZENS HOUSES ACHILLES THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!

The entire plot falls in hocruxes when Shay goes back to the homestead.
Plot holes PLOT HOLES EVERYWHERE JUST LIKE UNITY

Assassin's stop Shay!- Achilles
Suddenly canon fires is opend on the homestead by the Assassin's WTF YOU KILLED HAVE KILLED ACHILLES AND EVERYONE ELSE!
I found this on youtube btw a comment:

So oké Shay got shot and is getting nursed by some people in an house, I know we have talked about this before but A FREAKING COMMUNICATION ERROR!? and before that Shay CAN kill some good people that work for Achilles anyway correct me if I'm wrong because they wear yellow clothes (I'm colour blind btw)
Doesn't that mean ''desynchronization''?
But oké let's get started. So Shay goes to the church where the Temple is I guess they church was build with the Temple in mind -_-
Than Shay goes down there and what? So this cube was always there and never fall on the ground, what is it's purpose, why such a terrible security? There are so many things wrong with this!
We travel back to Achilles and Shay storms out of emotion I guess he really hit his freaking head when the earthquake started has he? Shay is send back out there to probably cool down and instead of talking to anyone like Hope, Liam in a normall way or at least wait untill tomorrow he just starts breaking in and is like ''this is the good thing''
Wait untill the next day Shay or whatever, I have seen people defending this because ''probably or this'' but the problem is they never gave enough explaination here and Shay acted to fast OMG how long can I keep going with this ********.
After Shay gets out of Achilles house ugh um... ASSASSIN'S STOP SHAY STOP HIM!
Where did it stated that Achilles screamed ''ASSASSIN'S DESTROY THE HOMESTEAD AROUND ME TO KILL ONE ASSASSIN WHO HAS A BOX I WANT BACK WITHOUT A SCRATCH''
I had to rewatch it on Youtube because my brain had progression loading errors like IGN's rating system!

Guy: ''Has Chevalier gone mad, he'll destroy the manor''
Me: You be good at Gaming Sins and btw did they ever mention this again later in the game?

Liam told me not to shoot on a vessel because the Box was on it but I guess the canons don't care DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!?
Shay starts running but Liam cuts him of with a explosion and I never see him in gameplay and Hope screams ''you won't hinder our plans'' So wait... Somebody told you a good reason to let unleash canons, blow things up to get Shay and what plans? did Achilles told her about the box when this all happened or is she just making things up from what she experienced a few hours ago in the mansion?
Well oké we get to the part Shay get's shot and survived the cold water at the same time.
Wait where did Chevalier come from? Did he just appear out of thin air I guess so because in my firs playthrough I got a glitch where is model with everyone else appeared to soon ___........ I did not make that up!
Than we get out of the Animus #RipModernDay2007-2012
We get to see datapads with the most forced I'M CANON easter eggs I have witnessed in my gaming life!
Lucy, Vidic, Daniel, Desmond, William, Shaun, Rebecca, Gavin. Which btw I had to explain to my friends who the hell is Gavin Banks because there is hardly information in the game itself so I had to tell them who the flying **** he was PUT THE DAMN ANSWERS IN YOUR ******* GAME UBISOFT! NO WONDER PEOPLE START CARRYING LESS ABOUT THE MAIN PLOT IF YOU DON'T PUT IT IN THE GAME!

Me now:
Haytham was fanservice in this game and we just had to get rid of Adewale I guess.
But let's just go to the ending.
So Achilles get shot in the leg and they let him life because he is a broken man... But if they know about Achilles himself WHY DON'T THEY VISIT THE HOMESTEAD AGAIN!?
And Shay is about to kill Arnos dad? according to this logic Arnos father was killed in atleast 5 seconds or something.
Shay walks away and I saw that Arno's father has a gun SHOOT HIM! CALL HIM A MURDERER! whatever

Syndicate: This is a youtube poop based on AC and Jacob doesn't really care about the Creed and you play him the most so whatever.

I want to go back to the war between the two orders.

- Modern Day
After AC3 there is almost no connection between the games anymore and Blag Flag had almost no inflence on the future of the Assassin's like Unity and Rouge, Syndicate tried to push the story forward but still failed to give us a good Modern Day and gave us a ****ty ending.
The tempels and all the POE are now a bit random... This is gonna get rebooted with the movie I believe but it doesn't make up for the 4 years of bad MD in the games oké. Juno could've been done in 2 games but now is used as a cliffhanger.

- Same characters

Ever since Ezio people want more playboy, social Assassin. Every Assassin must have a personal story now CAN'T WE HAVE JUST A ASSASSIN? They mostly just jerk around and make fun now and don't care

-Revenge

Ezio had a revenge story in 2 and Brotherhood
Connor had a bit of a revenge story
Haytham Forsaken: I couldn't even finish the book but I thought I was reading a Revenge story
Arno Dorian REVENGE/REDEMPTION or whatever it is today.
Can we please stop it and with the dead parents!

-Endings

Most of the time someone dies in the end mostly a girl so the main character gets angry and sad.
AC2 ended with Ezio not killing Rodrigo because Brotherhood let's be real and a cliffhanger
Brotherhood had a mind blowing ending... And whatever I guess
Revelations GOOD GOOD
AC3 Connor had a... Okay ending DESMONDS ENDING REALLY ****ING SUCKED
AC4 had a beautiful sad ending but still great.
Unity TERRIBLE ENDING
Rouge: Stupid ending
Syndicate: Past okay ending Present ****ty ending

Am I asking much I just want a normal ending?

-Trying to appeal to TO MANY people now IN STORY:

Syndicate was for:
I don't care about story people.
GTA people RUN EVERYONE OVER
Batman fans (I love Batman btw but what)
I want a easy story people
And more...

-Introducing things in the story and never use it again

Eve
Phantom blade (just to sell toys of course)
hook blade
AC Brotherhood ending!
The satelite plot

And still I love the AC story:)

SkywalkerMR
10-23-2016, 07:21 PM
Wow, you´re so right in so many ways. To me the game franchise just went a little over the top nowadays. More action, more gimmicks, more confusing story elements.

joshoolhorst
10-23-2016, 07:53 PM
Wow, you´re so right in so many ways. To me the game franchise just went a little over the top nowadays. More action, more gimmicks, more confusing story elements.

Ooh well thank you sir:)

SixKeys
10-23-2016, 10:05 PM
-Trying to appeal to TO MANY people now IN STORY:

Syndicate was for:
I don't care about story people.
GTA people RUN EVERYONE OVER
Batman fans (I love Batman btw but what)
I want a easy story people
And more...

This is inconsistent. First you say the story tries to appeal to too many people (whatever that means), then you say it's for people who don't care about story. Which is it?

You want to talk about simplistic - "easy" - stories, look no further than AC2. An extremely cliché story about a cocky, spoiled teenager who becomes a superhero after the tragic death of his family. Ezio is essentially Batman, which you accuse Syndicate of. AC2 is like the king of trying to appeal to everybody, with a plot and a protagonist that is the very epitome of a Hollywood popcorn flick.

So why does AC2 always get praised by fans despite having an extremely simple story? Because it has good gameplay. Because the characters are likable even if they are two-dimensional. It's okay to not care about story. And it's okay to enjoy a story that you recognize is objectively not great.

What I hate is this idea that people who prefer gameplay over story are somehow dumber than people who play for the story. That games with a great story are supposedly automatically better than games with a simplistic story, an argument that can be easily refuted simply by pitting AC3 against AC2. AC3 has a good story, but s****y gameplay. AC2 has a cliché story, but great gameplay. The reason most people remember AC2 fondly is because they had fun with the gameplay.
AC2 is absolutely for "I want an easy story" people. That doesn't make it a bad game. Syndicate isn't a bad game either just because it has an 'easy' story, and people who play games for non-story reasons have every right to do so.

joshoolhorst
10-23-2016, 10:47 PM
This is inconsistent. First you say the story tries to appeal to too many people (whatever that means), then you say it's for people who don't care about story. Which is it?

You want to talk about simplistic - "easy" - stories, look no further than AC2. An extremely cliché story about a cocky, spoiled teenager who becomes a superhero after the tragic death of his family. Ezio is essentially Batman, which you accuse Syndicate of. AC2 is like the king of trying to appeal to everybody, with a plot and a protagonist that is the very epitome of a Hollywood popcorn flick.

So why does AC2 always get praised by fans despite having an extremely simple story? Because it has good gameplay. Because the characters are likable even if they are two-dimensional. It's okay to not care about story. And it's okay to enjoy a story that you recognize is objectively not great.

What I hate is this idea that people who prefer gameplay over story are somehow dumber than people who play for the story. That games with a great story are supposedly automatically better than games with a simplistic story, an argument that can be easily refuted simply by pitting AC3 against AC2. AC3 has a good story, but s****y gameplay. AC2 has a cliché story, but great gameplay. The reason most people remember AC2 fondly is because they had fun with the gameplay.
AC2 is absolutely for "I want an easy story" people. That doesn't make it a bad game. Syndicate isn't a bad game either just because it has an 'easy' story, and people who play games for non-story reasons have every right to do so.

Now I'm confused myself XD

About the hole Batman thing probably came up in my mind because they have basicly grapple hook things, fist fights in a city and because there was a comic with batman in the 19th century so that is why it came up in my mind, and because there was an ''Asylum'' LOL. And also I'm not so a big fan of AC2 story the reason why I got hooked was the lore and I just don't like the direction

''Syndicate isn't a bad game either just because it has an 'easy' story, and people who play games for non-story reasons have every right to do so.''
Maybe because my English is not that well and maybe my reading iss not so good but it almost sounds like I said Syndicate was a bad game which it isn't