PDA

View Full Version : What if the Assassin's won?

joshoolhorst
10-22-2016, 11:00 AM
What if the Assassin's won. The Templars are defeated (not gonna happen anyway because someone will take up the Templar mantle that is just how it works but don't think about it for a second and just roll with it) How will the world exactly look like, all the leaders in the world I want to hear vouces of other AC fans with alot of knowledge of the Creed.

Sorrosyss
10-22-2016, 12:25 PM
I am of the opinion that they cannot win. In my view, if the Assassins continued down their route of seeking freedom and peace, they would eventually end up with no systems and devolve into chaos. By which point, humanity, led by the Templars or otherwise, would once again seek order by bringing in control. And the whole situation would be vice versa, with the Assassins then seeking to break that control. It's a beautiful ironic symmetry that as much as both factions preach their ideals, they ultimately need each other for the betterment of humanity as a whole - by their very nature, neither can ultimately win.

cawatrooper9
10-24-2016, 03:01 PM
Personally, I think their struggle is necessary. I don't think they're wholly right, and that the Templars sometimes correct the errors made by the Assassins. The balance their war brings ironically keeps the world a more peaceful place.

D.I.D.
10-25-2016, 02:53 AM
Nobody would notice the difference. The Assassins are shown to turn a blind eye to an awful lot of stuff in history, and only get involved in some of the direct manipulation by Templars. They allow Henry Ford to become rich and live to a grand old age, for example. I guess the point of all this is maintaining the cover of what's "really" going on.

In the first game, the conflict had already boiled over into a naked Assassin/Templar war on the streets, but they walked that one back so that the world is oblivious. If they ever reveal the secret war to the story's whole world, it'll be an interesting card to play but also one of those genie-out-of-the-bottle moments that might end the story. Look at how it made me mix my metaphors there. That was horrible. Imagine that, but in game terms.

Then again, some long-running stories have managed to do that. Doctor Who, for example: The Doctor was a secret for decades, but eventually they decided to make him and his actions world-famous and just ran with it.

cawatrooper9
10-25-2016, 02:27 PM
I mean, if they decide to "go public" with the Assassins, that'd certainly be a big tonal shift, but at least it would be a big development in the MD plot.