PDA

View Full Version : So how do I explain the movement in the Animus to a friend of my?

joshoolhorst
10-20-2016, 11:08 PM
How do I explain it. That killingg guards random on the street is not canon but a simulation. You know when you just walk around in the world how do I explain it and he wants to know how the movie version works to but I told him to wait for the movie. He wants to know how you can move so help please I'm not a good explainer myself?

Lysette88
10-20-2016, 11:38 PM
Tell him, in the same way as he can walk in a dream. The Animus is basically manipulating the mind and the motoric of the real body in a way, like it is naturally done when someone sleeps and has a dream phase. Just that here the Animus is playing the part to induce this simulated world into the dream - this is as well why one cannot die but will just desynchronize - that is similar to stop dreaming and eventually wake up in natural sleep. Maybe try to explain it like this - I am not sure, that this is the official explaination, but it is an easy one and an easy to understand one, so it might be better than an overly complicated one.

rob1990312
10-21-2016, 12:20 AM
It works the same way as a video game does a puppeteering system used to navigated a virtual reality based on both the ancesrors memories and the history of the era
A good bit of it is explained in the tutorials at the start of ac1 i think
The wiki is also a good resource

ERICATHERINE
10-21-2016, 02:46 AM
How do I explain it. That killingg guards random on the street is not canon but a simulation. You know when you just walk around in the world how do I explain it and he wants to know how the movie version works to but I told him to wait for the movie. He wants to know how you can move so help please I'm not a good explainer myself?

I suggest you show him this video. That video explain really well how the animus work, like by saying "It's not even acting. You're just replaying the memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6fNzL7yEDc

^-^

SixKeys
10-21-2016, 10:44 AM
I suggest you show him this video. That video explain really well how the animus work, like by saying "It's not even acting. You're just replaying the memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6fNzL7yEDc

^-^

When you're just walking on the streets and not engaging with the story or any missions, that's not reliving memories, so the video doesn't answer OP's question.

IMO the easiest way to think of it is that the only time the subject is truly synchronizing with his/her ancestor is when a cut scene plays or you walk into a mission. Everything else is just messing around in the simulated world. Just like in any other video game you can disregard the bits that don't mesh with the canon. For example in Red Dead Redemption John Marston is on a quest to redeem himself, trying to be a good man. You can mess around and gather bad karma by doing train robberies and kidnapping people, but that makes no sense in a redemption story, so you can safely assume John Marston didn't actually do those things.

cawatrooper9
10-21-2016, 02:23 PM
You could try multiverse theory- comparing one continuity to actual history and another to the Animus- but stress the importance that the Animus cannot stray too far from the actual continuity, or it faces desynchronization.

ERICATHERINE
10-21-2016, 02:23 PM
When you're just walking on the streets and not engaging with the story or any missions, that's not reliving memories, so the video doesn't answer OP's question.

IMO the easiest way to think of it is that the only time the subject is truly synchronizing with his/her ancestor is when a cut scene plays or you walk into a mission. Everything else is just messing around in the simulated world. Just like in any other video game you can disregard the bits that don't mesh with the canon. For example in Red Dead Redemption John Marston is on a quest to redeem himself, trying to be a good man. You can mess around and gather bad karma by doing train robberies and kidnapping people, but that makes no sense in a redemption story, so you can safely assume John Marston didn't actually do those things.

Well, normally anything you do outside of a mission, you can also do it in a mission. While doing a certain amount of mission per game, you can go out of the mission area while still being in the mission.

Also, just before I start a mission, I sometimes prepare the field, by killing a big amount of people before a mission, which would be in my way in the mission, if I don't do it, but aren't in my way since I did kill them outside the mission. For a quick exemple, I always do it in a precise race of ac b, which take place on the roof. Before I do this mission I always kill as much guards that I can , from the starting point to the Finnish line. If I don't kill them, they will be in the mission, but not if I kill them before doing the mission.

Also, like Vidic says in the video, "you can't blow her cover". Someone could arg he was talking about missions, but listen carefully to the video. Subject 1 was talking in a way that easily be taken just like if he was ttalking about when he was in the warehouse, in general, instead of just in missions. Also, what is a memory. When someone write his memories for a book, he sometimes say thing that are way less important then the rest, but it's in his memories anyway. In a ac perspective, it can be considered as what we do outside of a mission. Sure, it's not that important, but as long as we don't do a thing that desync us, it was part of it's life.

Finnally, take the collectibles. They are all in the memories of the ancester, but the number of collectibles someone will take in a mission is not that big when comparing to the ones that we take outside of a mission. We certainly don't teleport from a collectible to another.

For all these reason, absolutely everything we do can be considered as canon, from point of view. ^-^