PDA

View Full Version : Customization!!

LordKira003
10-20-2016, 03:58 PM
Now I've been a part of the alpha and it was AWESOME!! but something worried me like never before so I'd like to ask about it

I've reached level 20 with my Orochi and whenever I entered the customization menu I couldn't find more than two armor appearances I REPEAT! two armor appearances , the swords , the colors , the engravings and symbols there were alot of them which was awesome but the armor itself had only two different appearances and this was the same for the kensei and from what I saw apparently it was the same for every character. I don't know if this is because the game was an alpha or not but I will be hugely disappointed if I can't get alot of different armor appearances in the customization For example have you seen the conqueror armor in your Cover photo ?http://gamesquare.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/For-Honor-external.jpg
I would love an armor like that and would love to see a whole lot of variations so that I can create a character that feels mine and not a copy of everyone else's and If this is already implemented then I will be the happiest person alive.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for your patience :)

ShuyinVardiz
10-20-2016, 04:09 PM
Different variations of visual styles are unlocked at specific milestones.
For example equipment of level 7 and higher will be colored blue and (correct me if I'm wrong) equipment of level 13 and higher will be colored purple. You could call these Tier 1, 2 and 3 and each tier usually offers different visuals for their pieces. I've seen exceptions but I guess in full release this will be the path to be taken. Of course there is still a chance this will be changed throughout the alpha/beta but thats all I know about this stuff so far.

/edit:
As I only play raider all I can say so far is that it seems all equipment per Tier holds two to three different styles, making a total of 6-9 possible visual choises per slot.
For example in the following picture the axe head, the staff and the helmet are all unic designs from Tier 2 equipment, while chest for example is a basic Tier 1 visual.

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/161020/52738mfv.jpg

/edit2:
If I remember correctly I got hold of two pummels for the axe that were Tier 2 too, but both of them held the same visuals as Tier 1 did, so there was no difference for these so far. But yet I never advanced into Tier 3 Gear with equipment level 13 or higher.

/edit3:
Dont forget further customization options will be unlocked with specific prestige's & levels. The raider for example gets to change the leather color from grey-brown into red-brown or semidark-brown. Buying the 500 points pack for the classes also add new emblems, tattoos or whatever your class armor has as specific customization option (for the raider it held tattoos and emblems).

/edit4:
Watching my screenshot again I somehow come to think that the boots could need some more love. Little bit more detail or something, dont know...

Honorhound01
10-20-2016, 04:25 PM
Well with an Alpha it can be hard to tell how much of the whole game is their. I'd bet they have a whole bunch of customization options lined up.

Marette_124
10-20-2016, 05:33 PM
Watching my screenshot again I somehow come to think that the boots could need some more love. Little bit more detail or something, dont know...

Yeah, I mentioned this in the Alpha forum, but our inability to customize pants or boots is definitely adding to the level of similarity between everyone's characters. The way it currently is, no matter how many different head, chest or arm pieces you get, the lower half of your character will always be identical to every other member of the same class. So for example, a prestige 3 Raider will still have the same exact pants and boots as a level 1 Raider. That kind of sucks.

While I would love for them to add a leg slot for all of our warrior classes, I am thinking that they probably don't have the time for that.

As far as the other armor is concerned, I wasn't able to get to a high enough level to see a lot of the different potential armor pieces. That one guy did post his picture of a really high level Orochi and he looked pretty identical to a level 1 Orochi, except he was purple. I don't know if that was because the unique armor options were limited or if it was just a decision on his/her part to keep the look of the original armor due to preference.

Hopefully, like Honorhound said, we will have a lot of options come release time. But I am still not sure about lower body customization. It's not looking good in that regard.

ShuyinVardiz
10-20-2016, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I mentioned this in the Alpha forum, but our inability to customize pants or boots is definitely adding to the level of similarity between everyone's characters.

I am not really very annoyed by that, just noticed that the boots could be a little....less like a big leathery sock put on the feet. ^^

Marette_124
10-21-2016, 12:09 AM
I am not really very annoyed by that, just noticed that the boots could be a little....less like a big leathery sock put on the feet. ^^

Ah, I see. Well, if I got my wish, at least you would have some better options to choose from instead of being stuck with this crap, lol. But I still think it kind of stinks that literally half of every character will look identical to everyone else of the same class.

My impressions from the Alpha are that everyone looked really similar except for the helmets. The Warden's tabard was also pretty distinct because of the various colors and designs available.

Anyway, we will see what they can come up with for release.