PDA

View Full Version : Uplay & Ubisoft Club - suggestions

guest-pJKINnmB
10-17-2016, 04:57 PM
Hello. First of all, I would like to say that I'm new to Uplay/Ubisoft Club. I have been a member since July. I may not have discovered all of the options that the app and the website so sorry if I write about something that is already there.

I noticed that a lot of friends of mine do not like to use Uplay or simply don't care about the app at all. I can't say that I don't understand why they feel this way. I've used other services (Steam for about a year and Origin for 5 years) so I kind of have a comparison. I made a list of the features that in my opinion would make Ubisoft's services much better. By services I mean: Uplay, the Ubisoft Club website and the Ubisoft Official Store. Maybe it will help you :) Ah, and please note I'm an Assasssin's Creed fan so I will stick to this game as an example.

Ubisoft Club (mobile app):
- let users secure their accounts with 2-Step Verification in the app. It would make the app a lot more useful. Installing Google Authenticator just for one service is annoying.
- let users access the Store from the app.

Ubisoft Official Store:
- when you access the store in Uplay, DLC prices should be visible.
- let users upgrade their game versions to deluxe editions (of course, not for free). It is a shame that for example you can do it to Assassin's Creed II on Steam but not here on Uplay.
- add DLCs/Seasons Packs to older Ubisoft games. Once again, I find it ridiculous that you can buy them from Steam or Origin but not here. AND sometimes, for example when it comes to Assassin's Creed III, it is possible to buy the DLC in the US store but not in the European one. Why is it like that? It encourages people to use websites like g2a...:confused:
- make it possible to change language/location while using the website or improve detecting it. When I'm on my PC I'm on the European site but when I tried to use it on my mobile phone, it sent me to the US store so I would have to pay in $ instead of .

Ubisoft Club (website):
- bring back the old way of splitting "My Games" up by franchise. It was a good way to check which games you still need to buy, how many XP you can get etc.
- let users view each others profiles. It would be nice if I could just see which games my friends own, what their recent activity is and so on. And let users view their profile the way their friend sees it + copy a link to their own profile (and customize it in the settings) so that it is easier to send it to their friends and for them to add you.
- make changing badges easier. Right now it is confusing and you need to go to the game tab and choose it from there :confused:
- make it possible to search Ubisoft games on the website. Looking for them in the Games tab right now is confusing and you need to scroll down like forever and you still can't find every game there.

Uplay (PC app):
- the same things as I mentioned for the website: split "My Games" up by franchise, let users view each others profiles + their own profile.
- make it possible to change some accounts settings from the app: username, profile pic, badges, password, etc.

Sorry about my English, I'm not a native speaker :p That would be it for now, nothing else comes to my mind right now :) Thanks for your attention!

kitarafan67
01-22-2017, 10:16 PM
Hi, Marta,
I'm a bit new as well. Though on the Ubisoft Club (website) I just wished that there's some sort of family share, so you can share games with family and friends, Steam has some sort of share/ "ONLY your family/friends can borrow" games system. (This isn't my idea, someone here in the forums suggested it LONG before I made my account. So give credit to him/her if ya ran into him/her or if someone asks).

Fireseed
01-26-2017, 12:32 PM
Hello. First of all, I would like to say that I'm new to Uplay/Ubisoft Club. I have been a member since July. I may not have discovered all of the options that the app and the website so sorry if I write about something that is already there.

I noticed that a lot of friends of mine do not like to use Uplay or simply don't care about the app at all. I can't say that I don't understand why they feel this way. I've used other services (Steam for about a year and Origin for 5 years) so I kind of have a comparison. I made a list of the features that in my opinion would make Ubisoft's services much better. By services I mean: Uplay, the Ubisoft Club website and the Ubisoft Official Store. Maybe it will help you :) Ah, and please note I'm an Assasssin's Creed fan so I will stick to this game as an example.

Ubisoft Club (mobile app):
- let users secure their accounts with 2-Step Verification in the app. It would make the app a lot more useful. Installing Google Authenticator just for one service is annoying.
- let users access the Store from the app.

Ubisoft Official Store:
- when you access the store in Uplay, DLC prices should be visible.
- let users upgrade their game versions to deluxe editions (of course, not for free). It is a shame that for example you can do it to Assassin's Creed II on Steam but not here on Uplay.
- add DLCs/Seasons Packs to older Ubisoft games. Once again, I find it ridiculous that you can buy them from Steam or Origin but not here. AND sometimes, for example when it comes to Assassin's Creed III, it is possible to buy the DLC in the US store but not in the European one. Why is it like that? It encourages people to use websites like g2a...:confused:
- make it possible to change language/location while using the website or improve detecting it. When I'm on my PC I'm on the European site but when I tried to use it on my mobile phone, it sent me to the US store so I would have to pay in $ instead of €.

Ubisoft Club (website):
- bring back the old way of splitting "My Games" up by franchise. It was a good way to check which games you still need to buy, how many XP you can get etc.
- let users view each others profiles. It would be nice if I could just see which games my friends own, what their recent activity is and so on. And let users view their profile the way their friend sees it + copy a link to their own profile (and customize it in the settings) so that it is easier to send it to their friends and for them to add you.
- make changing badges easier. Right now it is confusing and you need to go to the game tab and choose it from there :confused:
- make it possible to search Ubisoft games on the website. Looking for them in the Games tab right now is confusing and you need to scroll down like forever and you still can't find every game there.

Uplay (PC app):
- the same things as I mentioned for the website: split "My Games" up by franchise, let users view each others profiles + their own profile.
- make it possible to change some accounts settings from the app: username, profile pic, badges, password, etc.

Sorry about my English, I'm not a native speaker :p That would be it for now, nothing else comes to my mind right now :) Thanks for your attention!

Hi Marta97M,

wow, I like all of your suggestions very much, especially the compare with a friend part. Some time ago, we had some kind of "social wall" in the client to track your friends. This function is gone without any replacement. So please Ubisoft bring all in/back :)

kitarafan67
02-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Hi, Fireseed, I do like the idea of the Ubisoft Club app being made to be more useful than it currently is. - Since I see it [Ubisoft Club app] as more of a bragging rights thing to show others how cool we are.

Though I favor Marta's suggestions for the UC (website) more, since I use it more than the UC app (The latter isn't on Microsoft's budget phone, the Nokia, so I don't know how cool the UC app is).