PDA

View Full Version : Was Watch_Dogs originally a AC game?

joshoolhorst
10-17-2016, 12:05 PM
Just wondering

ERICATHERINE
10-17-2016, 12:42 PM
Just wondering

No. ^-^

cawatrooper9
10-17-2016, 04:04 PM
Probably not.

Maybe there had been talks of a MD AC game, and that game's concept eventually became WD, but I doubt that any actual assets from a hypothetical AC game were used for it.

The gameplay itself doesn't really feel that AC. Sure, there is some parkour, but it's relatively limited compared to the Assassins Creed series. There's a little bit of melee combat, but not a ton. Rather, combat is heavily a mix of hacking (as in, computers) and shooting. Aside from driving, those are probably the pillars of gameplay in WD- pillars that, for the most part, aren't at all prominent in AC (I know that at one point or another we've all hacked, driven, and shot in an AC game, but these skills aren't all that important in them as they are in WD).

Now, if you're to ask if we might see WD and AC converge at some significant point (more than just an Easter Egg)... well, I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened. We already know that they occupy the same universe. It would only make sense that DedSec and the Assassins have a run in at some point, like Ubisoft's version of The Avengers.

BananaBlighter
10-17-2016, 06:14 PM
Probably not.

Maybe there had been talks of a MD AC game, and that game's concept eventually became WD, but I doubt that any actual assets from a hypothetical AC game were used for it.

The gameplay itself doesn't really feel that AC. Sure, there is some parkour, but it's relatively limited compared to the Assassins Creed series. There's a little bit of melee combat, but not a ton. Rather, combat is heavily a mix of hacking (as in, computers) and shooting. Aside from driving, those are probably the pillars of gameplay in WD- pillars that, for the most part, aren't at all prominent in AC (I know that at one point or another we've all hacked, driven, and shot in an AC game, but these skills aren't all that important in them as they are in WD).

Now, if you're to ask if we might see WD and AC converge at some significant point (more than just an Easter Egg)... well, I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened. We already know that they occupy the same universe. It would only make sense that DedSec and the Assassins have a run in at some point, like Ubisoft's version of The Avengers.

Well WD does also have a pretty good focus on stealth, like AC, and unlike GTA.

But yeah, I don't think it really originated from an AC game. However there's no denying that there are similarities between the Assassin/Templar and the DedSec/Blume conflict. The whole control vs freedom idea is very similar but in a more modern context, and so since we know they both take place in the same universe, I'd be interested to see what connections exist between these different organisations.

ERICATHERINE
10-17-2016, 06:39 PM
... I'd be interested to see what connections exist between these different organisations.

Well, from what we can see from ac iv, we know Blume let Abstergo use their ctos system. On the other hand, we still don't know if Blume is owned by the Templars . ^-^

BananaBlighter
10-17-2016, 07:02 PM
Well, from what we can see from ac iv, we know Blume let Abstergo use their ctos system. On the other hand, we still don't know if Blume is owned by the Templars . ^-^

Yeah and I'd also like to know whether there are any links between DedSec and the Brotherhood.

ERICATHERINE
10-17-2016, 08:23 PM
Yeah and I'd also like to know whether there are any links between DedSec and the Brotherhood.

Well I remember having seen a picture of clothing in watchdog 2 (where we will control a member of deadsec) that have the Assassin's creed logo. I'll try to find it. ^-^

Sorrosyss
10-17-2016, 08:53 PM
The symbol is on Marcus's jeans.

Going back to the original game, I mean yes officially they are cited as just Easter Eggs between the games, but I'll head canon it all as shared universe. The fact that Olivier Garneau (Abstergo Entertainment CEO) appears as 'wanted by the Brotherhood' on Aiden's UI is enough for me. Especially when its mentioned that he disappeared in Unity.

ERICATHERINE
10-17-2016, 10:03 PM
The symbol is on Marcus's jeans.

Exactly. Here is a video about it. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqCdG0dRUx4

Farlander1991
10-18-2016, 06:10 AM

I wouldn't amount easter eggs to 'happen in the same universe'. Yes, W_D references the main Abstergo Entertainment guy's death from AC4, but it also references AC games directly (those that aren't 'products' in the AC universe). So it's just that, easter eggs.

Unless there has been an actual official statement about that?

cawatrooper9
10-18-2016, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't amount easter eggs to 'happen in the same universe'. Yes, W_D references the main Abstergo Entertainment guy's death from AC4, but it also references AC games directly (those that aren't 'products' in the AC universe). So it's just that, easter eggs.

Unless there has been an actual official statement about that?

As far as I've last heard, the official statement is that for now it is just an Easter Egg. I guess what I meant was more that there is strong potential for them to exist in the same universe.

And why not? Fans have been begging for MD AC for a long time, now. WD does not have to become that- but they can do more than simply tease it.