PDA

View Full Version : Arno & Napoleon in Empire? ( NOT a leak or rumor)

Namikaze_17
10-16-2016, 09:00 PM
With the game possibly being set in Ancient times, I was curious if there was also a way to return these two characters with how Dead Kings ended. If anything, the ending itself left me with more questions of what happened regarding their relationship? How did he react to Napoleon ruling France? Did he follow him to Cairo during the Napoleonic wars? Maybe there can be some Revelations-style tie-up between the two eras or possibly even a Syndicate-style rift.

Overall It'd just feel like a waste to end it like it is, but given how Unity was received they'll probably just act like it didn't happen or something. :(

m4r-k7
10-16-2016, 10:28 PM
I am guessing it would either be a rift or it would be briefly mentioned in the modern day segment.

Sigma 1313
10-16-2016, 10:29 PM
I thought it was likely (hence why I put in my GDD (COUGH http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1487191-Assassin-s-Creed-Empire-GDD COUGH)). It seems like a quite a few people would like to see more of Arno, and it would be interesting to see.

ERICATHERINE
10-17-2016, 12:33 AM
If we ever see Arno again, I hope it will be for us to see him fight Shay. Of course I still wouldn't be against a time rift with him in. I would surely prefer to see him in a time rift than read a story about him in an Assassin intel like we got for Giovanni Borgia and Mario Auditore in ac syndicate.^-^

cawatrooper9
10-17-2016, 03:48 PM
If we ever see Arno again, I hope it will be for us to see him fight Shay. Of course I still wouldn't be against a time rift with him in. I would surely prefer to see him in a time rift than read a story about him in an Assassin intel like we got for Giovanni Borgia and Mario Auditore in ac syndicate.^-^

Oh man, Shay v Arno v Connor v Aveline in Egypt. That's something I'd like to see.

ERICATHERINE
10-17-2016, 05:01 PM
Oh man, Shay v Arno v Connor v Aveline in Egypt. That's something I'd like to see.

Me too, but I would prefer them to fight in America, if Connor and Aveline join the fight. ^-^

cawatrooper9
10-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Me too, but I would prefer them to fight in America, if Connor and Aveline join the fight. ^-^

I think it's gonna be quite a while before we see the Americas again.

We could come up with some contrived reason for them to be in Egypt. Heck, chasing down Shay is reason enough, really.

ze_topazio
10-17-2016, 09:48 PM
Arno and Shay having a duel on the top of the Sphinx head would be pretty cool actually, lol.

ERICATHERINE
10-17-2016, 10:08 PM
I think it's gonna be quite a while before we see the Americas again.

We could come up with some contrived reason for them to be in Egypt. Heck, chasing down Shay is reason enough, really.

Well Connor need to lead his brotherhood and at the end of ac liberation hd, Aveline was one of the 2 only Assassins left in her brotherhood, so the 2 of them had to rebuild it. ^-^

cawatrooper9
10-17-2016, 10:55 PM
Arno and Shay having a duel on the top of the Sphinx head would be pretty cool actually, lol.

That's the kind of ridiculous fanservice I want. Maybe Shay has found some way to stop another Temple from destroying a city in Egypt and Connor knows this(but Aveline doesn't) and we get a crazy 4 way fight between legendary Assassins and Templars. Way too good to be true.

Well Connor need to lead his brotherhood and at the end of ac liberation hd, Aveline was one of the 2 only Assassins left in her brotherhood, so the 2 of them had to rebuild it. ^-^

Right, just like Ezio never left Rome after rebuilding the brotherhood there? :p

We're talking roughly 1812, over 30 years since the events of ACIII. Connor could handle it.

ERICATHERINE
10-18-2016, 12:03 AM
Right, just like Ezio never left Rome after rebuilding the brotherhood there? :p

We're talking roughly 1812, over 30 years since the events of ACIII. Connor could handle it.

Good point about Ezio.

On the other hand, you're not talking about the good centurie.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

By reading this site, you can see that Napoleon arrived in Egypt at may 19 1798 and left august 24 1799. I know we're talking about Shay, but him being in Egypt at the same time then Napoleon have a big chance of happenning. Maybe Shay would be there to steal the apple of eden, but that while he would be busy figthing Arno and/or another Assassin, Napoleon would steal the apple from under their nose. ^-^

Namikaze_17
10-18-2016, 02:25 AM
Adding in Connor & Shay in a totally fanserviced, contrived way?

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/ehh3.png

I thought it was likely (hence why I put in my GDD (COUGH http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1487191-Assassin-s-Creed-Empire-GDD COUGH)). It seems like a quite a few people would like to see more of Arno, and it would be interesting to see.

TIME RIFT 3 - Cairo - 1799CE (Possible DLC)

Arno departs from Paris to Cairo after learning that Napoleon will be raging his war nearby in search of the apple with Al-Mualim. There, the American Mentor Connor is to take it to America.
Arno arrives at the Assassin Bureau to find Al-Mualim dead. (murder mystery)
This will lead Arno to discovering a large Templar presence in the area.
With Connor, Arno will discover that the Templars were paid by Napoleon to help retrieve the apple. After killing the Templar leaders and liberating the area, it'srevealed that Shay Cormac is leading the group.
Arno and Connor enter a temple and find Shay waiting for Napoleon.
• Shay uses the apple to kill Connor and Arno manages to kill Shay.
Arno leaves the Temple and finds Napoleon about to enter. Napoleon thanks his friend for finding the apple and asks for it.
Arno attempts to use the apple on Napoleon, but he laughs it off and takes it from Arno and leaves Cairo, ready to become the first Consul of France.

This is pretty solid; close to fanfic territory, but solid! Only would change Connor's "death" since he lives well into the 1800's, and maybe not have Shay work with Napoleon since his experiences have made him pretty anti-POE. Perhaps he could also be looking to stop Napoleon as well?

The ending was hilarious lol

naumaan
10-18-2016, 04:37 AM
I think Shay is going to fight against connor, after all they both were americans and also arno's father mentioned connor's war to shay... so probably connor's fight with shay can be a part of ac history, as far as arno is concerned .. there is no clue in the story, infact giving us a shock at the game's start and later watching arno not even think about his father's death but his beloved's fathers death is kind of strange, so arno going for revenge for his dad would take him to fight with shay but this possibility is not explored in the story.

Sigma 1313
10-18-2016, 07:28 AM

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/ehh3.png

This is pretty solid; close to fanfic territory, but solid! Only would change Connor's "death" since he lives well into the 1800's, and maybe not have Shay work with Napoleon since his experiences have made him pretty anti-POE. Perhaps he could also be looking to stop Napoleon as well?

The ending was hilarious lol

I actually had a conversation about this. As far as I know, the only credible source for Connor living in the 1800s would be the initiates website. It has Eseosa going to the Homestead, seeking Connor's help to become a better assassin. However the last letter sent was in 1804, and at that time Eseosa had only heard of the legend of Connor. He had heard from various rumors he lived alone on top of the hill. Connor was not actually confirmed to be alive. I think it's possible that Connor dies mid 1799, never returns to America. And the legends that surround him continue to swirl around among Assassin circles without people realizing he's been dead for 5 years because it's 1799, and information would travel much more slowly. The entire point of this plot was contrived to have an ending of Connor and Shay, and close out that pesky plot of Arno and Egypt. Especially since missions in Unity take place in the early 1800s.

cawatrooper9
10-18-2016, 03:01 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

By reading this site, you can see that Napoleon arrived in Egypt at may 19 1798 and left august 24 1799. I know we're talking about Shay, but him being in Egypt at the same time then Napoleon have a big chance of happenning. Maybe Shay would be there to steal the apple of eden, but that while he would be busy figthing Arno and/or another Assassin, Napoleon would steal the apple from under their nose. ^-^

True, my bad, I was thinking of the other theory of a Napoleonic Wars AC game.

Namikaze_17
10-18-2016, 11:28 PM
I actually had a conversation about this. As far as I know, the only credible source for Connor living in the 1800s would be the initiates website. It has Eseosa going to the Homestead, seeking Connor's help to become a better assassin. However the last letter sent was in 1804, and at that time Eseosa had only heard of the legend of Connor. He had heard from various rumors he lived alone on top of the hill. Connor was not actually confirmed to be alive. I think it's possible that Connor dies mid 1799, never returns to America. And the legends that surround him continue to swirl around among Assassin circles without people realizing he's been dead for 5 years because it's 1799, and information would travel much more slowly. The entire point of this plot was contrived to have an ending of Connor and Shay, and close out that pesky plot of Arno and Egypt. Especially since missions in Unity take place in the early 1800s.

Eseosa's final codex that he writes during 1804 says that Connor did contact him at some point.

"I have been contacted by one of our own. A man named Connor. I understand that he has some experience with revolutions. I will meet with him. I will learn from him. And then I will come back for Dessalines."

There's also the mysterious Homestead "disappearance" and the whole ordeal with Connor's family. One, which happens during the 19th century that most likely has ties to Connor, and the other which probably happens in the same timeline.

EDIT: This thread totally got sidetracked, huh? :|

Megas_Doux
10-19-2016, 12:17 AM
LOL at Arno having another appearance....

I think not even Connor, who despite his haters has many rabid fans, stands a chance here, let alone Arno who literally almost nobody cares about.

ze_topazio
10-19-2016, 12:23 AM

Is there really any way to have most of the XVIII century characters somehow meeting without it feeling like pure fanservice?

Namikaze_17
10-19-2016, 12:51 AM
Is there really any way to have most of the XVIII century characters somehow meeting without it feeling like pure fanservice?

Hey I'm not denying it wouldn't. It's just fun entertaining the thought of them meeting like two popular shows that crossover lol

LOL at Arno having another appearance....

I think not even Connor, who despite his haters has many rabid fans, stands a chance here, let alone Arno who literally almost nobody cares about.

That may be, but there's story potential regarding Napoleon at least... with or without Arno.

cawatrooper9
10-19-2016, 02:31 PM
My my, we are pretty sidetracked, but it's interesting stuff. Mods forgive me.

Moderate spoilers for the AC movie.

I've been thinking, what the aforementioned rift isn't part of Empire? Rather, Michael K William's upcoming cameo as Baptiste might set up for an Eseosa/Aveline/Connor/Arno storyline in the next movie. In the second AC movie, the point could be them v Napoleon, eventually in Egypt where they'd square off against Shay. For fans, this would be huge, but even for average moviegoers Shay could be an interesting character- no doubt helped by being associated with a big name like Napoleon! Then, of course, this scene in Egypt could hearken back to Empire in some way. This would also be a good way to bring in Berg to the film franchise, trying to discredit his work in Rogue.

You know, mostly wishful thinking, but it could be cool.

ERICATHERINE
10-19-2016, 03:42 PM
My my, we are pretty sidetracked, but it's interesting stuff. Mods forgive me.

Moderate spoilers for the AC movie.

I've been thinking, what the aforementioned rift isn't part of Empire? Rather, Michael K William's upcoming cameo as Baptiste might set up for an Eseosa/Aveline/Connor/Arno storyline in the next movie. In the second AC movie, the point could be them v Napoleon, eventually in Egypt where they'd square off against Shay. For fans, this would be huge, but even for average moviegoers Shay could be an interesting character- no doubt helped by being associated with a big name like Napoleon! Then, of course, this scene in Egypt could hearken back to Empire in some way. This would also be a good way to bring in Berg to the film franchise, trying to discredit his work in Rogue.

You know, mostly wishful thinking, but it could be cool.

You! Stop what you're doing and go work for ubisoft. So far, this is the most extrordinary idea in this thread. It's way more brilliant than all those "brilliant" plan united. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL0WDTcOZcM

cawatrooper9
10-19-2016, 08:15 PM
You! Stop what you're doing and go work for ubisoft. So far, this is the most extrordinary idea in this thread. It's way more brilliant than all those "brilliant" plan united. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL0WDTcOZcM

Haha, thanks. I seriously doubt Ubisoft would be interested in hiring me but, well, they know where to find me if they are. ;)

ERICATHERINE
10-20-2016, 12:31 AM
Haha, thanks. I seriously doubt Ubisoft would be interested in hiring me but, well, they know where to find me if they are. ;)

Well, I doubt ubisoft will come to you if you'll still be in "a bathtub with Caterina Sforza". :p

Ureh
10-20-2016, 03:03 AM
With the game possibly being set in Ancient times, I was curious if there was also a way to return these two characters with how Dead Kings ended. If anything, the ending itself left me with more questions of what happened regarding their relationship? How did he react to Napoleon ruling France? Did he follow him to Cairo during the Napoleonic wars? Maybe there can be some Revelations-style tie-up between the two eras or possibly even a Syndicate-style rift.

Overall It'd just feel like a waste to end it like it is, but given how Unity was received they'll probably just act like it didn't happen or something. :(

Just some conjecture from what we know:

1. flavor text for the Napleonic item set says that Bonaparte dressed as an Assassin.

2. Arno played as matchmaker and body guard for Josephine and Napoleon in 2-3 of the Paris Stories.

3. Arno and a few other Assassins again risks their lives to protect Napoleon before the infernal machine can detonate at the right moment.

4. Waaaaay into the future they enter the Temple's crypt to properly dispose of Germain's bones. Maybe they both met another Sage?

So they were probably bffs. :p

I think Shay is going to fight against connor, after all they both were americans and also arno's father mentioned connor's war to shay... so probably connor's fight with shay can be a part of ac history, as far as arno is concerned .. there is no clue in the story, infact giving us a shock at the game's start and later watching arno not even think about his father's death but his beloved's fathers death is kind of strange, so arno going for revenge for his dad would take him to fight with shay but this possibility is not explored in the story.

The way I see it, for the most part, is that Arno didn't really hold a grudge against his father's murderer. In his own eyes, he was responsible for Charles' death by running away with Elise instead of staying at the chair (this is all assuming the scenes from the Rebirth and the dialogue from the Council is accurate). Arno seemed more focused on trying to hold onto the living (Elise/Francois) rather than trying to avenge the dead.

Not sure how a story about a young boy who dedicates his early life to revenge would've been like but the current one works too, I think.

joshoolhorst
10-20-2016, 08:43 AM
No Arno or Shay please thank you:)