PDA

View Full Version : Help Urgent German Campaign options just stopped working!

jamesdietz
05-15-2004, 12:49 PM
After playing this game form its first days , esp with the German careers,and having most if not all the downloads & add-ons,something bizarre ( read BAD) happened today: My on going German career/campaigns refuse to start - by pressing the German option( all the rest work or seem to work fine)pilot career I get to start new Career screen & if I press the German option nothing happens- The Red Star stays there( although the background image does change to German illustration)& I can't even begin a German campaign ..it just refuses to give ranks or any of the options....I can still fly German individual missions but so far that's it! I have tried rebooting& restarting the game but so far it remains stuck in this condition- could it be I accidentally transferred something yhat "activates " Campaigns out of here while downloading missions & transferring them to some other German file folder?If so what should I be looking for?...Has anyone got any ideas

jamesdietz
05-15-2004, 12:49 PM
After playing this game form its first days , esp with the German careers,and having most if not all the downloads & add-ons,something bizarre ( read BAD) happened today: My on going German career/campaigns refuse to start - by pressing the German option( all the rest work or seem to work fine)pilot career I get to start new Career screen & if I press the German option nothing happens- The Red Star stays there( although the background image does change to German illustration)& I can't even begin a German campaign ..it just refuses to give ranks or any of the options....I can still fly German individual missions but so far that's it! I have tried rebooting& restarting the game but so far it remains stuck in this condition- could it be I accidentally transferred something yhat "activates " Campaigns out of here while downloading missions & transferring them to some other German file folder?If so what should I be looking for?...Has anyone got any ideas

heywooood
05-15-2004, 02:16 PM
James - did you post this in the Tech forum?..
community support is what they call it now.

BtW - your artworks are fantastic.

Curly_109
05-15-2004, 02:49 PM
You know what, if I make a list of my ruined careers in the same(or similar way) way as you described above, this topic would be very, very long. Then you can imagine my frustration. I and can yours too. Key to everything is to ALWAYS (or at least every few campaign missions) do BACKUP of your career. In your case you're playing DE campaign save folder "Missions\campaign\DE" and folder "Users" so if anything goes wrong simply uninstall FB(aces http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) then reinstall copy that files and continue your career.

As far as your current campaign I doubt that u can do anything about it http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/52.gif.

But try this: go to Missions\campaign\DE folder and open your campaign folder and check if there is any files with extension BAK (that means some of your programs that you installed over original game overwrited original---and in your case screw your career). If it is so, than simply remove BAK extension and remove files that have been created instead of these files (BAK extension files are original files). For instance you may see file "background_BAK" or "rank.properties_BAK" and these are originals, and files background and rank.properties are fake files (created by your 3rd party installation programs) http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif. Hope this helps

jamesdietz
05-16-2004, 09:46 AM
Thanks guys with some help I tracked the problem down: I had accidently picked up the rank properties folder & placed it in another folder... DO feel stupid - as usual YES!