PDA

View Full Version : This game triggers my Bushido Blade nostalgia

DirtyBasilisk
10-10-2016, 09:26 PM
I played the ever-living **** out of Bushido Blade when i was a kid. No other game, that I've found, has scratched that itch since. Some have come close, soul caliber being one, but not close enough. So when i started seeing gameplay of the alpha, I...well... I pooped myself a little. FH just might get that spot that's been itching for nearly 20 years. (Our maybe just some tinactin will take care of it)

It will be interesting to see how this game does. It's very nature alone weeds out a lot of gamers who don't have the patience to simply learn the basics. They'll jump into pvp, get whooped, and drop out saying the game is broken. Hopefully having a campaign for players to work through will fix some of that.

Whatever... I'm excited for what I've seen in the alpha alone. If i could buy that, i would.

Dez_troi_aR
10-11-2016, 09:42 AM
I played the ever-living **** out of Bushido Blade when i was a kid. No other game, that I've found, has scratched that itch since. Some have come close, soul caliber being one, but not close enough. So when i started seeing gameplay of the alpha, I...well... I pooped myself a little. FH just might get that spot that's been itching for nearly 20 years. (Our maybe just some tinactin will take care of it)

It will be interesting to see how this game does. It's very nature alone weeds out a lot of gamers who don't have the patience to simply learn the basics. They'll jump into pvp, get whooped, and drop out saying the game is broken. Hopefully having a campaign for players to work through will fix some of that.

Whatever... I'm excited for what I've seen in the alpha alone. If i could buy that, i would.
So i guess you'll play viking :D ?

(hate to be THAT guy but: *Soul CalibUr, dude)

FredEx919
10-11-2016, 03:22 PM
Loved Bushido Blade! One of my favorite games growing up.

DirtyBasilisk
10-11-2016, 04:40 PM
So i guess you'll play viking :D ?

(hate to be THAT guy but: *Soul CalibUr, dude)

Hard to say. Based on BB it'd be samurai. Based on Soul CalibUr (i think we all need THAT guy sometimes) it'd be warden or raider. Siegfried and Rock were my go-to characters.

I'm still waiting to see more about the rest of the heroes before i can make my fantasy picks.

DirtyBasilisk
10-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Loved Bushido Blade! One of my favorite games growing up.

BB was my introduction to Japanese weapons. I've loved the nodachi ever since. Whenever i see the kensei walking around with that monster sitting on his shoulder, i turn into a 12 year old again.

Dark-Thomy
10-11-2016, 05:56 PM
I think that back in the first For Honor E3 trailer, one of the devs during a demo interview mentionned BB as an inspiration and that was how I discovered BB (on youtube)

Still, a very incredible game !
And watching actually some tournaments was all the more impressive !!

HitMan00
10-13-2016, 03:04 PM
for me when i saw the trailer i was like o god they updated weapon lords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwGA9A7vuos