PDA

View Full Version : What is the best dedicated server?

Aztek_Eagle
02-19-2004, 09:19 PM
What is it, i mean, real settings, good mission, ip, any one? i use to fly at greatergreen, but i am getting tired of the friendly icons, they are only at 1k of distance, but still, i want the real thing

Aztek_Eagle
02-19-2004, 09:19 PM
What is it, i mean, real settings, good mission, ip, any one? i use to fly at greatergreen, but i am getting tired of the friendly icons, they are only at 1k of distance, but still, i want the real thing

Slammin_
02-19-2004, 09:40 PM
type ipconfig /all

This way you can see your own IP, which you can use to connect to yourself once you fork out the cash for the extra hardware, Internet connection etc. After building the server and creating missions that meet your standards, you can just turn off icons altogether and be at nirvana!

Alternatively, I think there is a way to turn off icons on your pc, if that is your only beef.

If your truely want the real thing, expect to pay more than $29.95

Aztek_Eagle
02-19-2004, 09:48 PM
MMMM you are the greater green host? is a fun server, i am not telling u to take off icons as it is ur server, besides, some of the missions got bugs, when put target inside buildings, and if some one atacks them wiht machine guns, u will never be able to destroy them no matter what, so mission never end by gorund atack,i see there is now time limit witch i dont like much, and sometimes missions just end to fast

Slammin_
02-19-2004, 09:55 PM
No, I am not a GG host, and I suspected the very limited icons were not your actual beef.

Either speak, or don't, but if there is a problem with a sever or mission on a server, I'm pretty certain the server admins wan't to know about it. Beating around the bush just clouds the issue and makes it harder for the server admin to provide you what you enjoy.

Aztek_Eagle
02-19-2004, 10:00 PM
well i just want to know a full real set dedicated server,
ip, any one?

TgD-Sammie
02-19-2004, 10:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aztek_Eagle:
MMMM you are the greater green host? is a fun server, i am not telling u to take off icons as it is ur server, besides, some of the missions got bugs, when put target inside buildings, and if some one atacks them wiht machine guns, u will never be able to destroy them no matter what, so mission never end by gorund atack,i see there is now time limit witch i dont like much, and sometimes missions just end to fast<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason targets are inside buildings is to designate them as 'bomber' targets. While you do have to destroy the object inside, the whole point is to destroy the building. It's a limitation us dogfighters have to live with when trying to design 'coop' missions. The time limit is to put pressure on a team (or teams) to accomplish the task on a deadline. You didn't always have the luxuary of time in war. It also keeps maps moving so you get a variety.

Thanks for the feedback. It's always welcome on the server forums (greatergreen.com). Regarding a FR server, there are a few. Look for VEF servers in HyperLobby.

Thanks,
Sammie

BM357_Disciple
02-20-2004, 01:57 AM
BM357th Host 2 "Full Switch" Servers.

Both can be found VIA HyperLobby

Blazing_Magnums

357thFullSwitch

Blazing server hosts a series of mission map sets, fully scripted thanks to the Boyz of GG.

357thFullSwitch kick up the difficulty a notch higher, Wheather setting are usually set higher than most servers, presently we are in the middle of some thunderstorms. Take Offs and Lands are a little tricky with these settings... Flying in general in these whether conditions are tricky period!

Blazing_Magnums server also has a Stats Page (again thanks to the work of Sammie and Bernie) which you can find at our home page
www.bm357th.com (http://www.bm357th.com)

We also host a Ventrilo Server which you are more than welcom to inquire about through our XO - BM357_Raven.

Stop by and visit us some time. I think you'll find that we all generally have a good time and with the Full Switch settings, we tend to bring a different class of pilots into the server. You don't get alot of name calling and cheater accusing as you do in servers that E-Z switch.

Salute to Greater Green... One hell of a server you guys have, I have spent many hours on your server...

You guys deserve some commendations for what you have done for the IL2 community.

TgD-Sammie
02-20-2004, 05:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BM357_Disciple:
Salute to Greater Green... One hell of a server you guys have, I have spent many hours on your server...

You guys deserve some commendations for what you have done for the IL2 community.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks.. I'll pop in one of your server sometime soon too. I have been itching for some FR.

Thanks,
Sammie