PDA

View Full Version : Are you more a Assassin or a Templar?

joshoolhorst
10-09-2016, 07:17 PM
I am more of a Assassin not a Templar I agree more with the Assassin's but the Templars aren't that bad to just depends on the perspective

LoyalACFan
10-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Assassin I suppose. The problem with Templar ideology is that they might take control of the world with the best of intentions, but if perfect control of humanity is attained, that power is too dangerous to be left in the hands of anyone. Even if the founders of that paradigm are morally incorruptible, they'll still die. Who takes the rudder then? I didn't like the way they handled Cesare in ACB, but he does make my point in a way. If Rodrigo "won," and had all of humanity under the Templars' thumb, things might not have been so bad under his reign (for all his murder and back-alley dealings, he was a pretty smart and judicious politician), but what happens when his lunatic son takes over? Basically, I just don't think that that level of control could ever be maintained without eventually being yoked to catastrophic evil. So yeah, Assassins, not because they have a wholly ethical or responsible worldview, but because they're a last-resort buffer against that sort of thing happening.

And yes, I know this is all fiction; reading back over that, it sounds like I'm arguing actual politics :p

Namikaze_17
10-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Well you have the one guy that wants to tell everyone what to do, and the other guy who will let everyone do as they please... until they then start telling other people what to do, which will result in the second guy killing them like the previous guy.

Eh, I think I'm fine by myself.

SixKeys
10-09-2016, 11:36 PM
I'd like to think of myself as more of an assassin - in that I think free will is important - but in practice the Templars do seem more efficient at running things. It's kinda like the blue pill vs. red pill in The Matrix. Choose freedom and you have to be content with eating crappy food and being paranoid for the rest of your life. Choose being a drone and you get the illusion of control and safety. Basically I value the assassin ideology more but I doubt I'd have the courage to stand up to the Templars if faced with the choice.

I-Like-Pie45
10-10-2016, 12:25 AM
In the end they are nothing more than an ouroboros. Templars want control, the Assassins want freewill, and the Assassins kill the Templars to give back the people the freedom to control their destinies which inevitably results in the return of the Templars and so the Assassins kill them again and it repeats until the end they will all be eaten by bears.

Why pick a poison when you can pick the best faction, the true winners? You know what I'm talking about, aside from Altair I don't think any Assassin or Templar gotten their stuff for free. So that's why I'm going to join the Shopkeepers/Merchants in the event of an actual Assassin-Templar war and profit from their unending battle.

ERICATHERINE
10-10-2016, 02:10 AM
I remember creating a thread with every single possible choice of that world.

To answer your question, I would be an Assassin since from my point of view, freewill is the most important thing. I don't want to be a puppet and if it ever happen I would be very happy that someone cut the ropes that would control my body.

Of course from my point of view, I would never be an Assassin. I would prefer to be an Initiate that would never have helped the Assassins. An Initiate from before ubisoft scrapped our site while changing it for unity.

cawatrooper9
10-10-2016, 03:17 PM
I mean, I like the Templars as characters more so it hurts me to say this, but I'm definitely more of an Assassin.

Politically, I'd say the Assassins are pretty liberal (though I'd hesitate to make directions between Liberal/conservative and Assassin/Templar) and social politics are very important to me. So, for once, I'd have to say that I'm actually team Brotherhood. Let's please never speak of this moment again.

ERICATHERINE
10-10-2016, 03:25 PM
So, cawatrooper, are liberal or templar? :p

cawatrooper9
10-10-2016, 03:42 PM
So, cawatrooper, are liberal or templar? :p

Let's please never speak of this moment again..

ERICATHERINE
10-10-2016, 04:07 PM

XD