PDA

View Full Version : Implement Captains in Dominion!

XavieroftheWind
10-09-2016, 06:43 AM
Hello, newer poster (but fanatic-lurker for the game) here just getting one more post out there as a suggestion.

Alright so there are the weaker versions of hero characters that I've been led to believe are known as "captains" (correct me if i'm wrong) and I love the idea that they are just above fodder but still basically one-shot material that can actually block.

How do you guys (and the watchful Ubi eyes) feel about implementing these stronger minions as 1 or 2-of spawns (or more idk) when the game begins that go and fight over objective B but get sidetracked by enemy fodder? They could provide a middling boost to team score when defeated and would mainly be used to access feats slightly faster and would spice up the overall feel of the battle. They'd have maybe one or two blocks of health depending on the class that spawns in so that they can be swarmed by fodder and actually killed or easily dispatched by their equals or murdered by players.

Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to implement (except crazy lock-on shenanigans which were mentioned in alpha threads as an issue) as they would basically be imported from story mode from the easiest difficulty. Not to mention that group buffing feats can be used on them and they can trigger health and stamina gain feats.

SliceOBread
10-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Yea adding those captain type units (like the ones shown in campaign) might enhance the gameplay somewhat for the center point.

Dez_troi_aR
10-09-2016, 02:40 PM
I feel like i would need alpha-experience, which i have not, to give a proper opinion here, which is why i wont vote.

The only concern that comes to my mind is that killing those elite mobs could be an additional motivation for players to horde around in the minion battle lines. For me this sounds bad, because from watching streams/vids i always had the impression that things get very hack n slashy in situations with more than 2v2 players. And that is not what i personally am looking for in this game.

Frostlord_Nixon
10-10-2016, 05:00 AM
I think a Captian isn't neccassary as far, YOU are the Captain ^^

I think that, Ubisoft should make minions a bit stronger and make running small groups of them other paths!

Or bring in stronger minions like when you capture all three Zones

Pretty much this for me. I understand point B being the main point of activity for minions, but I think the other paths should have a few going to them as well.

Dark-Thomy
10-10-2016, 11:12 AM
Minions should stay on only one path like during the alpha ; however having stronger minions that have stances like in the campaign could be fun.

coma987
10-10-2016, 01:40 PM
I've been thinking about that before, in the tutorial there was a captain helping the minions, could be cool.

handheld brando
10-10-2016, 01:55 PM
I think captains is a pretty legit Idea.

XavieroftheWind
10-11-2016, 12:42 PM
I knew you'd understand Brando. And yes I was talking about the weaker player-units from the campaign. Hopefully the votes keep coming in and Ubi sees this and considers adding these super minions.

Of course many of us want some minions to move towards the other objectives as well and that would be perfectly fine too. But Captains are probably better balanced being center-fodder so they don't capture points and turn the tide of entire games while 4v4 happens elsewhere.

MathiasCB
10-11-2016, 03:01 PM
I would really love captains, though at the same time I feel they're not all that needed. Would be awesome if you could customize your own captains and with every captain spawn it randomly chooses one of the players captains. That way you could have loads of different captains in one match while also adding another customization element to the game. Fancy fodder.

''Hey bro, have a look at my beast for captain!''

XavieroftheWind
10-12-2016, 12:16 AM
I know what you mean Mcboo.

A lot of people are interested in having custom minions in some way in the game and implementing captains might actually be a good way to do it. I thought about the designs of the guys and figured they'd be defaults but it wouldn't be too bad if players could set a Captain template to spawn in and of the 1 or 2 that would go for B a random player's Captain is chosen to engage.

I thought about there maybe being 4 of them at once but that might be overkill on B (center). 1 or 2 feels right to mix in with the current volume of mooks. But feel free to share thoughts on the appropriate number of these guys and why it would be sufficient or overkill.