PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite/s Assassin/s? to play: Main characters

joshoolhorst
10-08-2016, 01:54 PM
1.http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/deadliestfiction/images/b/ba/Altair.png/revision/latest?cb=20120513015354
Revelations made me love this guy!

2.http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/es-ES/images/ac3/game-overview-acr-character.png
Ezio was supposed to be number 1... But I hate the dude in AC2, the sequels made me like him.

3. http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/f/f9/ACRG_Adewale_render.png/revision/latest?cb=20141129042146
I don't know if this count actually LOL

4. http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/9/9f/Edward_Kenway_Based_On.png/revision/latest?cb=20160329094623
After Black Beard the story started to get me more invested... And same time not of that makes sense

5. http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/9/99864/2398477-acanniversary_connor_render.png

6. http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/7/70/ACS_Evie_Frye_Render.png/revision/latest?cb=20150809103119
Sometimes I really like her and she was the AC lore nerd XD I love that... but I also don't like her

7. http://orig00.deviantart.net/1439/f/2015/132/1/f/assassin_s_creed__syndicate___jacob_frye_render_by _youknowwho77-d8t52n4.png
I only like him when he doesn't act like a Assassin but still I don't like him

Someone: Wait you forgot Arno-
Me: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Namikaze_17
10-08-2016, 03:02 PM
You forgot about traitor lucky charms.

Altaïr
Connor
Haytham
Adéwalé
Edward/Jacob
Ezio
Desmond
Shay
Arno
Evie

ERICATHERINE
10-08-2016, 04:54 PM
You forgot Aveline and Desmond.

From my point of view, I prefer Connor over any AC characters. Just behind him is Desmond. ^-^

You forgot about traitor lucky charms.

Altaïr
Connor
Haytham
Adéwalé
Edward/Jacob
Ezio
Desmond
Shay
Arno
Evie

You know the title only mention Assassins, right? ^-^

Megas_Doux
10-08-2016, 08:01 PM
Edward>>>>>>>>All.

LoyalACFan
10-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Are we just talking about how they move/control, or...?

If so:

1. Ezio. Freerunning still feels basically perfect to me in the Ezio games. AC2's combat sucked, but ACB/ACR were a joy.
2. Connor/Edward. Both have certain elements that are slightly better than the others' counterpart, but I like them about equally.
3. Arno. Parkour down is a godsend, and I actually quite liked Unity's combat, sans glitches and enemy pistols.
4. Altair. I know he's essentially just Proto-Ezio, but the slow climbing and lack of assassination options are hard to go back to now.
5. Shay. Is basically the Diet Mr. Pibb to Edward's Coca-Cola, so yeah.
6. Fryes. The rope launcher is uninteresting to me and their combat is pretty mindless. Plus I hate their stupidly flamboyant "low-profile" kill animations.

Megas_Doux
10-08-2016, 11:03 PM
Having read Loyalfan:

Edward for the story and chracter.
Arno for controls. I love Unity's combat for it is the ONLY game in which I might die if I screw it up

cawatrooper9
10-10-2016, 03:35 PM
I've thought about this before- to specify, I'm not talking about how much I enjoy their games or stories or even their gear necessarily- just how it feels to be them in their world.

I'd say my top protagonists (default robes) are (in no particular order):
Connor
Haytham
Adewale

That actually changes a little bit with different robes and weapons, though. It's look something more like this:
Shay (Gunslinger outfit with Bastard sword, or whatever it was called- very unique for the series, and reminds me of Roland from the Dark Tower)
Edward- Connor's robes (Just a little fanservice for myself) I also like the more piratey clothes before Edward really makes nice with Ah-Tabai
Arno- spear and the masquerade-style robes (also very unique for the series)

For the record, my least favorite are:
Ezio- Brotherhood default (they're so freaking white, it just feels out of place)
Edward default- (I find his robes to be boring, and they also feel really out of place)
Connor TOKW- Is it just me, or is this entire DLC kind of racist? I think Connor's outfit in it kind of is a constant visual reminder of that

D.I.D.
10-10-2016, 04:32 PM
I felt most locked-in with Evie and Aveline, closely followed by BH Ezio. The rest are good, but I felt less invested in them and more like I was guiding them.

Pandassin
10-10-2016, 05:36 PM
I found Edward, Evie and Connor the most fun to play as.

Edward because I really love his outfit and walking animations.

Evie because of the same reason, but also because I love playing as a female.

Connor because I enjoyed running through the trees in the Frontier, and he was probably the most fun to play as when it came to climbing buildings (along with Edward).

BananaBlighter
10-10-2016, 10:32 PM
So if this is about how each assassin plays or feels, then I guess:

1) Connor - Best animations by far, loved the combat, parkour wasn't as bad as most people make it out to be (especially through the wilderness), favourite outfit.
2) Arno - Liked the focus on stealth and that he didn't feel OP, honestly my favourite parkour system, loved how his robes suited the period.
3) Altair - Favourite combat system, obviously feels like a traditional assassin (because that's what he is), realistic parkour.
4) Edward - Love his character, outfit, and the whole pirate theme around him. Apart from that, similar points to Connor, but with a more stealthy touch which I like.
5) Ezio - He's just got a nice style to him, the way he fights, moves, everything. Good, but doesn't beat the top 4.
6) Jacob - Somehow I feel the parkour took a step down from Unity, I hate the combat, though I love how the outfit suits the era.
7) Shay - Something about him just puts me off, playing as an Assassin who's trying to be a Templar just doesn't sit right with me.
8) Evie - Same as Jacob except I hate how she keeps turning invisible every time I stand still.

ERICATHERINE
10-11-2016, 06:47 AM
So if this is about how each assassin plays or feels, then I guess:

1) Connor - Best animations by far, loved the combat, parkour wasn't as bad as most people make it out to be (especially through the wilderness), favourite outfit.
2) Arno - Liked the focus on stealth and that he didn't feel OP, honestly my favourite parkour system, loved how his robes suited the period.
3) Altair - Favourite combat system, obviously feels like a traditional assassin (because that's what he is), realistic parkour.
4) Edward - Love his character, outfit, and the whole pirate theme around him. Apart from that, similar points to Connor, but with a more stealthy touch which I like.
5) Ezio - He's just got a nice style to him, the way he fights, moves, everything. Good, but doesn't beat the top 4.
6) Jacob - Somehow I feel the parkour took a step down from Unity, I hate the combat, though I love how the outfit suits the era.
7) Shay - Something about him just puts me off, playing as an Assassin who's trying to be a Templar just doesn't sit right with me.
8) Evie - Same as Jacob except I hate how she keeps turning invisible every time I stand still.

What about Aveline and Adewale? ^-^

TheRealGunnut19
10-12-2016, 04:25 AM
Just going off what I've played...

Connor in AC3 just comes real natural to me. I feel just as confident Batmanning or just going ham with the Grenadier Axe.
Ezio in Rev in particular made me feel in control of how I wanted to play, and his stealth was functional enough once you made good use of parachutes and the MAster assassin armor. Plus his fist fighting is amazingly flashy and unrealistic to the point it's almost charming. And in ACII it was fun to spam the crap out of hidden blades until you finally slit a Brut'es throat.
Edward is Connor minus frames because my PC is terrible.
Adewale's aniamtions are really freaking fun to watch, but he feels a little less badass than Connor.

crash_1232015
10-12-2016, 10:27 AM
Loved playing as Altair as he was the one character we weren't fully introduced to, the other games humanize their characters very quickly whereas Altair is very mysterious in a game that we didnt fully understand at the time

SixKeys
10-14-2016, 07:38 AM
Movement-wise: ACB Ezio > AC2 Ezio > AC1 Altaïr > ACR Ezio/Altaïr > Edward/Adewale/Shay > Jacob/Evie > Arno > Connor/Aveline

The reason I split off Ezio's games is because of the different combat styles. AC1 Altaïr has better combat than AC2 Ezio, but AC2 Ezio climbs faster. ACR Ezio and Altaïr play exactly the same, combat is annoyingly slow and the hookblade is finicky about when it chooses to work.

cawatrooper9
10-14-2016, 02:35 PM
Movement-wise: ACB Ezio > AC2 Ezio > AC1 Altaïr > ACR Ezio/Altaïr > Edward/Adewale/Shay > Jacob/Evie > Arno > Connor/Aveline

The reason I split off Ezio's games is because of the different combat styles. AC1 Altaïr has better combat than AC2 Ezio, but AC2 Ezio climbs faster. ACR Ezio and Altaïr play exactly the same, combat is annoyingly slow and the hookblade is finicky about when it chooses to work.

I don't totally agree with this list, but I'm glad Altair is so high. For fans who played AC1 back in the day, he's still surprisingly satisfying to play as.

SixKeys
10-14-2016, 10:52 PM
I don't totally agree with this list, but I'm glad Altair is so high. For fans who played AC1 back in the day, he's still surprisingly satisfying to play as.

I actually almost put him at #1 because I really enjoy the realism of his slower climbing. Ezio may be slightly more satisfying because you get to your destination quicker, but when Altaïr climbs one methodical step at a time, you really feel the weight and trepidation about being so far from the ground.