PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite Soundtrack? (2016 Edition)

Namikaze_17
10-06-2016, 08:24 PM
Only feels natural to have one of these with every new release as it'll likely be the last one for awhile... in the meantime, what is the best soundtrack to date for you? What makes or still makes your nostalgia levels go through the roof? Feel free to list or describe to your heart's desire.

To start:

Favorites: ACI, ACR (+The Lost Archive), AC:Ro

I like the eerie-ness that they all bring along with Rogue, in particular, sounding like a mix of all the previous soundtracks. I sometimes feel like an actual Assassin when I listen to them on my off-time.

In-between: ACII, ACIII, ACIV, ACS, AC:L

I like each of these for different reasons: ACII is calming, ACIII is very somber but uplifting, ACIV like ACII is also very calming, but has a swashbuckling vibe to it, and ACS is very catchy with its cat-and-mouse tone ( the ambients are great too). ACL, I think is more on the underrated side; it has some really cool dramatic, eerie, or animus-like tracks that really sells Aveline's story & Abstergo's use for her.

Least Favorites: ACB, ACU, Jack The Ripper

Not that I really hate these per se, but Brotherhood is too opera-like for my taste, ACU aside from maybe one or two tracks just didn't leave a mark on me, and Jack The Ripper is just... generic.

I haven't really listened to Freedom Cry, but I'll be sure to post my thoughts whenever I can. :)

ModernWaffle
10-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Favourites: AC2 and Rogue (I mean tunes like Ezio's Family and I Am Shay Patrick Cormac - just can't beat them)

Very Good: AC3 and AC4

Ok: ACS (with the exception of its ambient music which was quite rad) and ACU

Can't remember :p : AC1, ACB, ACR

ajl992015
10-06-2016, 10:43 PM
Revelations by far. That ost is just so emotional.

Rugterwyper32
10-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Out of bias, because it's by my favorite composer, Jack the Ripper. And I do like Syndicate's soundtrack as a whole, so that might just be my vote.
But then, there's AC4 to think of which I just adore. I'll With You, The British Empire, A Merry Life and a Short One, In This World or the One Below... So many good tracks to name.
Oh look, the poll has option for multiple choices.

Pandassin
10-06-2016, 11:36 PM
Although I like all the soundtracks, none of them top AC4's in my opinion.

AC4's tracks like the main theme, Stealing a Brig, etc. are so memorable and epic and truly bring that sense of adventure, be it a merry one or a tragic one.

SixKeys
10-06-2016, 11:37 PM
Favorites:

AC1, ACB, AC2 and AC4, in that order. AC1 is just magical and I slightly prefer ACB's soundtrack over AC2's for having darker, more rhythmic pieces. AC4 is the closest any composer has come to creating a soundtrack as captivating as Jesper Kyd's.

In-between:

ACR, AC3, ACL, Rogue, Syndicate. Jack the Ripper is surprisingly good.

Least favorites:

Freedom Cry, Unity. Freedom Cry feels most out of place in the AC universe, it's way too bombastic for my tastes. Unity's was very forgettable.

Megas_Doux
10-07-2016, 01:25 AM
Top tier:

AC I, AC II and AC IV. It doesn't get any better than that.

Middle tier:

Revelations (pretty close to the top, though), Syndicate, ACB and AC III. The main theme of Jack the Ripper is fantastic, by the way.

Low tier:

ACR (some cool ambient there, though) ACL, and Unity. The latter being a HUGE disappointment due to the fact that I'm a big fan of Baroque music in general and only Danton's Sacrifice stands tall on that regard. Oh and the soundtrack during the fall of the templars -Demolay Condemnation- is pretty good also.

LoyalACFan
10-07-2016, 01:59 AM
I voted for II, Rev, and IV. While nostalgia still kicks ACII above the others for me, I think the other two are objectively just as good. I enjoyed Brotherhood and Syndicate's OST's as well, but they didn't really have the standout tracks that my three top ones did. The others were okay, but... Not really memorable. AC3 was a mixed bag, there were some really nice (largely unused) ambient tracks and emotional themes but the bombastic naval and fight themes really brought it down for me. And I feel like I'm the only person here who's completely indifferent to Rogue's OST; the only tracks I liked on it were basically Ezio's Family Redux. So, to organize it like most people are doing...

Top Tier
AC2
ACRev
AC4

Second Tier
ACB
ACS
AC3

Third Tier
AC1
ACU

Bottom Tier
ACRo

Still haven't gotten around to playing Liberation HD all the way through, so I can't comment there.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-07-2016, 04:22 AM
AC1, AC2, ACB, AC3, AC4, ACS for me :D

Namikaze_17
10-07-2016, 04:25 AM
Freedom Cry's soundtrack isn't bad; by that I mean that as a standalone, it is very well done with the Haitian culture involved to serve more justice to the title "Freedom Cry" rather than anything Assassin's Creed. I agree with Six though, it isn't really "in the universe" so to speak.

I'd say it fits between that awkward line between the decent and the worse.

The main theme of Jack the Ripper is fantastic, by the way.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/gVoBC0SuaHStq/200w_d.gif#1

D.I.D.
10-07-2016, 04:29 AM
Brotherhood has the strongest themes for everything, and I love the gut-churning music that we first heard when taking control of the first Borgia Tower.

However, overall I'd have to say Syndicate. I like the way the music feeds into the "real" world's music. It's a little bit unfair because the best tune is "Eventide"/"Abide With Me" and that's not an original piece, but the way it's adapted is.

Farlander1991
10-07-2016, 10:47 PM
I want to preface that I think that all games (except ACL :p ) of the series have great score in terms of how it fits the game and enhances the game experience. That said, when it comes to defining 'favourites' or what I like more, the 'listenability' outside of the game is what matters to me.

So I made a quick table of what kind of music I like to listen to from each of the games.

Main Theme
Ambient
Action/Combat
Chase
Stealth
Cutscene

AC1

+

+
+

AC2
+
+

ACB

+

ACR
+
+

+

+

AC3
+

+

+

ACL

AC4
+
+
+
+
+
+

ACU
+
+

+
+

ACRo
+

+
+

ACS

+

So:
1. AC4 - 6/6
2. ACR - 4/6
2. ACU - 4/6
3. AC1 - 3/6
3. AC3 - 3/6
3. ACRo - 3/6
4. AC2 - 2/6
5. ACB - 1/6
5. ACS - 1/6
6. ACL - 0/7

I would say that represents fairly accurate my feelings of which music from which game I like more.

ERICATHERINE
10-08-2016, 03:24 AM
I don't have a lot of favorite soundtrack for precise game. In each ac game there is only a couple music I remember I liked more than the others. Here is the one I prefer among every other ac music. Sometimes, I can continu the fights for many, many minutes just to hear that music nonstop. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HE4OFoezVg

marvelfannumber
10-08-2016, 03:10 PM
How does AC4 have so many votes? Frankly, I can't remember a single track other than the main theme. The rest felt pretty generic imo.

I am going to have to go with AC2 personally. The tracks that play during the Assassin Tombs are straight up haunting, the chase music is amazing and the ambient music is straight up fantastic. The modern day music isn't half bad either.

Megas_Doux
10-08-2016, 08:15 PM
How does AC4 have so many votes? Frankly, I can't remember a single track other than the main theme. The rest felt pretty generic imo.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/8d/8db99ee4758e36b878d954bd385841606629afaaadbb93dec4 1f9809cb4cbae5.jpg

Nah just kidding. Favorites of mine from that soundtrack that you might check:

I'll be with you.
The British Empire
The Spanish Empire
Pyrates Beware
Marked for death (infiltration/stealth music)
Ships of legend.

Plus there's ambient music for the Caribbean map that unfortunately was not released. Oh and we also have the hanties and both the spanish and english tavern songs, etc. That soundtrack has it all in my book

Off topic

Out of bias, because it's by my favorite composer, Jack the Ripper..

Have you heard this masterpiece?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBb5pC2rBZI

Namikaze_17
10-08-2016, 08:54 PM
Plus there's ambient music for the Caribbean map that unfortunately was not released.

Check out the YouTuber named Kosappi Uni. He/She has all the unreleased ambient tracks for the game.

Unfortunately, they stopped around ACIV. No Unity, Rogue, or Syndicate stuff anywhere.

Farlander1991
10-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Speaking of kosappiuni and unreleased tracks, how the hell did this piece from AC3 did not enter the official soundtrack (especially the part starting from 1:45) is beyond me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FccObUK1p6I

Rugterwyper32
10-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Off topic

Have you heard this masterpiece?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBb5pC2rBZI

Oh yeah, I remember when I saw Bear show up in E3, immediately recognizing him and wondering what he had in store. I've never really played any games of the God of War series, but I might just get that one simply because of Bear composing the music for it. That theme instantly got my attention, really fantastic stuff.

Namikaze_17
10-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Speaking of kosappiuni and unreleased tracks, how the hell did this piece from AC3 did not enter the official soundtrack (especially the part starting from 1:45) is beyond me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FccObUK1p6I

That's a good one.

I always liked the music that played for Haytham here:

https://youtu.be/1drcGF6dY04

It was like a more classy version of Connor's life. Haytham's life? lol

Farlander1991
10-08-2016, 09:28 PM
It was like a more classy version of Connor's life. Haytham's life? lol

Connor and Haytham indeed share the same theme, but with different instruments, to show their familial ties but different origins.

A more prominent version of Haytham's theme can be heard in this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rYZ-yGAnCw

Even though I love AC4's soundtrack, one of my biggest disappointment was that Edward's theme wasn't his own variation on the same music, to bring even more family ties into the mix.

In general, when it comes to music, AC kinda sucks at using leitmotifs across the series. On one hand it's understandable - usually each game deals with its own standalone thing, but on another hand there are plenty of elements that are common in all games (and in some cases - elements that are shared between some of the games, like the Kenway family), and AC doesn't connect them musically in a consistent, thought out way.

For example, Lorne in ACR introduced a theme of the Templar order that he later reused in AC3. And then, while in AC4 the Templar theme has a very similar structure with Caribbean/Spanish tones, it's not heard anywhere else after the series. Even in Rogue, which takes place in the same time period as AC3, and somehow manages to reuse the music from Ezio flying in Venice on the machine, but not the Templar theme from AC3, or Haytham's theme, or any of that music. That's just super weird. And there are many other examples.

LoyalACFan
10-08-2016, 09:55 PM
I want to preface that I think that all games (except ACL :p ) of the series have great score in terms of how it fits the game and enhances the game experience. That said, when it comes to defining 'favourites' or what I like more, the 'listenability' outside of the game is what matters to me.

So I made a quick table of what kind of music I like to listen to from each of the games.

Main Theme
Ambient
Action/Combat
Chase
Stealth
Cutscene

AC1

+

+
+

AC2
+
+

ACB

+

ACR
+
+

+

+

AC3
+

+

+

ACL

AC4
+
+
+
+
+
+

ACU
+
+

+
+

ACRo
+

+
+

ACS

+

So:
1. AC4 - 6/6
2. ACR - 4/6
2. ACU - 4/6
3. AC1 - 3/6
3. AC3 - 3/6
3. ACRo - 3/6
4. AC2 - 2/6
5. ACB - 1/6
5. ACS - 1/6
6. ACL - 0/7

I would say that represents fairly accurate my feelings of which music from which game I like more.

Dedication like this is why we love your posts, Farlander ;)

marvelfannumber
10-08-2016, 10:42 PM
Nah just kidding. Favorites of mine from that soundtrack that you might check:

I'll be with you.
The British Empire
The Spanish Empire
Pyrates Beware
Marked for death (infiltration/stealth music)
Ships of legend.

Plus there's ambient music for the Caribbean map that unfortunately was not released. Oh and we also have the hanties and both the spanish and english tavern songs, etc. That soundtrack has it all in my book

I mean they sound...fine on their own. But for some reason they never stuck out to me while playing the game, it was just noise to me honestly. Not bad, but not very memorable either. Atleast not in the same way the Ambient tracks from AC2 and Revelations are.

I'll give them credit for actually HAVING ambient tracks though (why did they re-remove those again?).

Megas_Doux
10-08-2016, 10:53 PM
Check out the YouTuber named Kosappi Uni. He/She has all the unreleased ambient tracks for the game.

Unfortunately, they stopped around ACIV. No Unity, Rogue, or Syndicate stuff anywhere.

Yes, unfortunately some of the specific ambient/unreleased stuff was removed due to copyright. Which is indeed odd, considering that EVERY AC soundtrack is on youtube.

Farlander1991
10-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Dedication like this is why we love your posts, Farlander http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/wink.png

Thanks, I try :p :D

Yes, unfortunately some of the specific ambient/unreleased stuff was removed due to copyright. Which is indeed odd, considering that EVERY AC soundtrack is on youtube.

The only things that was removed is music that is already on the soundtrack (I suppose the reasoning being that they'd want people to go to the official youtube channel to listen to music from the soundtrack rather than unofficial one). I mean, the only real difference would be is that usually he would put that kind of music on two loops rather than one (for example, the main tune of Stealing the Brig would repeat two times, and even though it's shorter in official soundtrack it's still there).

SixKeys
10-09-2016, 12:05 AM
Connor and Haytham indeed share the same theme, but with different instruments, to show their familial ties but different origins.

A more prominent version of Haytham's theme can be heard in this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rYZ-yGAnCw

Even though I love AC4's soundtrack, one of my biggest disappointment was that Edward's theme wasn't his own variation on the same music, to bring even more family ties into the mix.

In general, when it comes to music, AC kinda sucks at using leitmotifs across the series. On one hand it's understandable - usually each game deals with its own standalone thing, but on another hand there are plenty of elements that are common in all games (and in some cases - elements that are shared between some of the games, like the Kenway family), and AC doesn't connect them musically in a consistent, thought out way.

For example, Lorne in ACR introduced a theme of the Templar order that he later reused in AC3. And then, while in AC4 the Templar theme has a very similar structure with Caribbean/Spanish tones, it's not heard anywhere else after the series. Even in Rogue, which takes place in the same time period as AC3, and somehow manages to reuse the music from Ezio flying in Venice on the machine, but not the Templar theme from AC3, or Haytham's theme, or any of that music. That's just super weird. And there are many other examples.

Copyright issues, most likely. They've obviously licensed "Ezio's Family" to be used as the overall series theme, but there are so many different composers now who each try to bring their own musical flair that it would probably be a licensing nightmare to try to recycle various themes between games. The music business is weird. Oftentimes the people you think logically would own the music copyright (Ubi in this case) actually don't, and using a composer's work in different settings (live concerts, spinoffs, compilation albums etc.) requires an insane amount of legal work. It's why movie remakes sometimes go for an entirely new theme song instead of using the iconic old one.

Farlander1991
10-09-2016, 01:38 PM
Copyright issues, most likely. They've obviously licensed "Ezio's Family" to be used as the overall series theme, but there are so many different composers now who each try to bring their own musical flair that it would probably be a licensing nightmare to try to recycle various themes between games. The music business is weird. Oftentimes the people you think logically would own the music copyright (Ubi in this case) actually don't, and using a composer's work in different settings (live concerts, spinoffs, compilation albums etc.) requires an insane amount of legal work. It's why movie remakes sometimes go for an entirely new theme song instead of using the iconic old one.

While that would make sense, there's all these weird things that don't add up:
- Lorne's 'Uncertain Present' used in Phillips' soundtrack for Liberation
- Lorne's TWCB theme used in ACC India.
- Some of Jesper's AC1 Masyaf ambience used in Tyler's AC4
- Jesper's Flight Over Venice used in Alexandrova's Rogue (in 2 different variations)
- Tyler's The British Empire used in Alexandrova's Rogue
- Lorne's AC3 theme bits used in Alexandrova's Rogue

And this list is not quite full (in terms of music reused in games with different composers). There are reused themes by other composers and games, and while some of reuses make sense, a lot of them don't.

Not to mention mobile titles that reuse quite a lot of music.

Though to be honest, AC was quite crappy with using consistent leitmotifs or themes even when we had only one composer - Jesper.

In AC1 there are no themes to speak of, all music is based on action and location. I.e. Masyaf - Ambient, Acre - Stealth, Jerusalem - Stealth, Damascus - Combat, etc. With the only common theme being Access the Animus after each assassination (which in itself is divided in three states: incognito, action/chase, and in hiding), which is why many consider it AC1's theme.

AC2 follows suit, but also introduces an actual theme - Ezio's Family. And the game is **** at using it. Ezio's Family is heard only once - during the title screen. 10 seconds of it. Earth is heard only once as well - when Ezio takes the robe. About 10 seconds of it as well. There's literally more of Ezio's Family and Earth in the soundtrack than there is in the game. If not for Venice Rooftops used during races and also a slight incorporation of the theme in one of Venice's ambiance music, the tune wouldn't be heard at all. And I'm not joking here, even with that in mind, in Assassin's Creed Unity you hear Ezio's Family theme more than you do in Assassin's Creed 2 for which it was created.

And in some of the most important moments of Ezio's life, for example the Bonfire of the Vanities, which takes place in Florence and is very personal for Ezio, the music that is used there is Venice's theme! That doesn't make sense. And while we're at it, the location/action music is inconsistent as well, with Acre Underworld being reused in one of AC2's stealth themes (that, well, don't take place in Acre), and one of Venice's themes being used for Rome in ACB, as some of the examples.

So I suppose one shouldn't be surprised that with the games not using overarching themes and leitmotifs from the get go properly (and sometimes, within their own game they were created for!), the state of overarching themes and leitmotifs is pretty crappy in the series and doesn't make lot of sense.

LoyalACFan
10-09-2016, 09:35 PM
While that would make sense, there's all these weird things that don't add up:
- Lorne's 'Uncertain Present' used in Phillips' soundtrack for Liberation
- Lorne's TWCB theme used in ACC India.
- Some of Jesper's AC1 Masyaf ambience used in Tyler's AC4
- Jesper's Flight Over Venice used in Alexandrova's Rogue (in 2 different variations)
- Tyler's The British Empire used in Alexandrova's Rogue
- Lorne's AC3 theme bits used in Alexandrova's Rogue

And this list is not quite full (in terms of music reused in games with different composers). There are reused themes by other composers and games, and while some of reuses make sense, a lot of them don't.

Not to mention mobile titles that reuse quite a lot of music.

Though to be honest, AC was quite crappy with using consistent leitmotifs or themes even when we had only one composer - Jesper.

In AC1 there are no themes to speak of, all music is based on action and location. I.e. Masyaf - Ambient, Acre - Stealth, Jerusalem - Stealth, Damascus - Combat, etc. With the only common theme being Access the Animus after each assassination (which in itself is divided in three states: incognito, action/chase, and in hiding), which is why many consider it AC1's theme.

AC2 follows suit, but also introduces an actual theme - Ezio's Family. And the game is **** at using it. Ezio's Family is heard only once - during the title screen. 10 seconds of it. Earth is heard only once as well - when Ezio takes the robe. About 10 seconds of it as well. There's literally more of Ezio's Family and Earth in the soundtrack than there is in the game. If not for Venice Rooftops used during races and also a slight incorporation of the theme in one of Venice's ambiance music, the tune wouldn't be heard at all. And I'm not joking here, even with that in mind, in Assassin's Creed Unity you hear Ezio's Family theme more than you do in Assassin's Creed 2 for which it was created.

And in some of the most important moments of Ezio's life, for example the Bonfire of the Vanities, which takes place in Florence and is very personal for Ezio, the music that is used there is Venice's theme! That doesn't make sense. And while we're at it, the location/action music is inconsistent as well, with Acre Underworld being reused in one of AC2's stealth themes (that, well, don't take place in Acre), and one of Venice's themes being used for Rome in ACB, as some of the examples.

So I suppose one shouldn't be surprised that with the games not using overarching themes and leitmotifs from the get go properly (and sometimes, within their own game they were created for!), the state of overarching themes and leitmotifs is pretty crappy in the series and doesn't make lot of sense.

I basically consider Salvation of Forli to be Ezio's theme. While Ezio's Family is more iconic because of the rooftop title screen, Salvation was used for several more notable moments in his life. You hear it when you meet with Leonardo to go to Venice for the first time, right after you kill your first target not involved in the Pazzi Conspiracy (e.g. transitioning to an actual Assassin instead of a revenge killer), during the speech in Bonfire of the Vanities, and of course, his death in Embers.

Farlander1991
10-09-2016, 10:04 PM
I basically consider Salvation of Forli to be Ezio's theme. It was used for several notable moments in his life. You hear it when you meet with Leonardo to go to Venice for the first time, right after you kill your first target not involved in the Pazzi Conspiracy (e.g. transitioning to an actual Assassin instead of a revenge killer), during the speech in Bonfire of the Vanities, and of course, his death in Embers.

Salvation of Forli is the Venice theme I'm talking about. In official soundtrack it's under 'Tour of Venice'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPY5uu4SntI

I don't know why people call it 'Salvation of Forli' (which is an unofficial name btw).

If we look at AC2 before DLC, the theme is used in the following circumstances:
1. Ambient theme in Venice
2. Moment when Leonardo and Ezio go to Venice
3. Important moments that happen IN Venice, i.e. killing of our first target in Venice as well as when Assassins reveal themselves to Ezio, plus some other moments.

It's used more times than listed, but the point is - it's the theme of Venice as a city. But then when they make the DLC of Sequence 13, they use the same tune that was used in some of the Venice cutscenes in Bonfire of the Vanities speech. Here's where the inconsistencies come in. Embers uses it only because it was used in the moment that has defined Ezio as a character with a complete arc, that's arguably THE moment of the whole game, and it uses the wrong theme. It's like if in The Lord of the Rings when Gandalf gives Frodo the pivotal 'All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us', instead of the emotional variation of the Hobbit theme, we would get The White Tree theme. Which is a very nice leitmotif, but it's absolutely out of place.

At any rate, your argument about 'considering Salvation of Forli to be Ezio's theme' kinda in a way proves my point how inconsistent and weird and strange the situation with theming and leitmotifs was in AC series from the get go :p

SixKeys
10-10-2016, 12:27 AM
I don't know the soundtracks of the games you mentioned (Rogue, Liberation, ACC) as recycling some of Balfe's or Kyd's themes as well as the early ones. Maybe if I heard some specific samples it'd be easier to compare. I am pretty familiar with AC4's soundtrack and I don't remember hearing any Masyaf music.

When people refer to "Salvation of Forlí", they're specifically referring to the piano/violin version heard in Embers (and during Ezio's speech in AC2). It may recycle the Venice theme, but it's a separate track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yyjR5h_D4k

I've actually noticed that the Venice theme appears in the Ezio games more than I previously realized. It was used in the trailer music for AC2, and "City of Rome" is basically a more strings-heavy version of "Dreams of Venice". The viewpoint synchronization tune in AC2 and ACB is also from "Dreams of Venice".

Farlander1991
10-10-2016, 12:35 AM
When people refer to "Salvation of Forlí", they're specifically referring to the piano/violin version heard in Embers (and during Ezio's speech in AC2). It may recycle the Venice theme, but it's a separate track.

It's not an official track is what I'm getting at. It's a game rip from the cutscenes of a tune that was used in Venice and later in Bonfire that somehow got the moniker of 'Salvation of Forli'.

Go to 18:35 in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAOv-LZK_hg

As I said, the tune is thematically linked to Venice (Ezio/Leonardo going there, etc.).

It was used in the trailer music for AC2

Well, AC2 trailer does take place in Venice :rolleyes:

and "City of Rome" is basically a more strings-heavy version of "Dreams of Venice".

Which doesn't make sense :p

The viewpoint synchronization tune in AC2 and ACB is also from "Dreams of Venice".

Eh, synchronization would be its own thing, it's just used in the track. This is the tricky part where we need to differentiate themes from how they're placed in tracks (i.e. let's say while Concerning Hobbits track from LotR soundtrack is full of only the Shire theme, there are many tracks where the Shire theme is just a small part of them, and tracks where different themes are mixed and matched) and how they're used or supposed to be used.

I don't know the soundtracks of the games you mentioned (Rogue, Liberation, ACC) as recycling some of Balfe's or Kyd's themes as well as the early ones. Maybe if I heard some specific samples it'd be easier to compare. I am pretty familiar with AC4's soundtrack and I don't remember hearing any Masyaf music.

Masyaf music is not on the soundtrack disk so it's tricky to find, but here is a quick example of how Rogue reuses Flight Over Venice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84uSd73AzBI

Yes, it doesn't reuse the whole guitar/string part from AC2, but the structure of the tune.

SixKeys
10-10-2016, 12:40 AM
It's not an official track is what I'm getting at. It's a game rip from the cutscenes of a tune that was used in Venice and later in Bonfire that somehow got the moniker of 'Salvation of Forli'.

Well, it's a better title than "Unknown Track #13". :p I think Jesper might have posted it on his site along with some other (at the time) unreleased tracks at one point. Maybe he's the one who named it?