PDA

View Full Version : No split-screen? what a shame.

Thenec
10-05-2016, 07:00 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/5/13174778/for-honor-cancels-split-screen-polish-ubisoft

Wel, I didn't actually expecting that feature(cause other features are AMAZING), but it is kind of disappointment. I understand development is really hard thing to do and not everything are going as same as planed, but this is trust issue and that bother Ubisoft in few years recently. It's not a big deal and I still have trust in Ubisoft, but I really have to say this is a bit of disappointment. Because it mean if developer change their word before, then they can change it again.

But still, I'm expecting For honor really lot, and I hope Ubisoft make this game perfect because of dropping split-screen. As long as Steep has split-screen, fine by me.

JimDynamo
10-05-2016, 09:31 PM
I just heard about them dropping split screen. Bummer.
This game looks great, but it's another I won't be buying because I use my game console mostly for split screen.

Barricade133
10-06-2016, 12:39 AM
I just heard about them dropping split screen. Bummer.
This game looks great, but it's another I won't be buying because I use my game console mostly for split screen.

Only online split-screen is going. Campaign co-op is still a thing.

Dienekes12
10-06-2016, 01:14 AM

You got a source? Because all I know about is the video where all that was said was "we're dropping split screen" and the only clarification was that it was so they could take more time to support online modes and that they will still have online co-op, meaning, I'm assuming you can partner up with your friends.

Other than that, it looks like the Devs have been silent on the subject.

PS_D0G3
10-06-2016, 01:37 AM
A feature they listed as very important is gone. Awesome. What liars. Such a shame. Makes you wonder what else is being cut and how bad the end product will be. I'm so disappointed, instantly dropped off as my most anticipated game. Will have to see, but was gonna pre-order this week. So glad I didn't or else I would demand a refund.

Shameful lying company.

one_of_one
10-06-2016, 01:56 PM
That's really sad. I looked forward to split-screen.
I hope they still add it later on after release.

ISAyVALDE8528
10-06-2016, 02:10 PM
A feature they listed as very important is gone. Awesome. What liars. Such a shame. Makes you wonder what else is being cut and how bad the end product will be. I'm so disappointed, instantly dropped off as my most anticipated game. Will have to see, but was gonna pre-order this week. So glad I didn't or else I would demand a refund.

Shameful lying company.

+1000 totally agree

EothK
10-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Guess it wasnt as important as we were made to believe.

I think its a shame. I don't use it myself anymore but used to. Lack of splitscreen in games is the main reason I became solo gamer.
Online is good but having someone play the game at the house is better. Also now friends who dont own the game can never play it with me.

Finally its just another fail for Ubisoft once again overpromising their game

BananaBlighter
10-10-2016, 06:53 PM
I'm so disappointed by this. This game may not be my most hyped game anymore :(

It would be a dream come true if it was added in after release, but I know that just isn't going to happen.

VodkaSlam
10-12-2016, 04:37 PM

No Split Screen Entirely is being dropped. Online Co-op Campaign is still there but has nothing to do with Split Screen.

Splitscreen Coop Campaign could still be there but we would have to wait for further info from the devs.

It does suck that Split-Screen is being taking out, but my argument for that is look at Shadow Warrior 2? It has Split-screen multiplayer so why not this? It all comes down to "Server Overload Limit", An i know Ubisoft dont really have good servers at all. There isnt one Ubisoft game that had good connection...Takes forever to find a person in matchmaking and it will always be like that. So them taking off split-screen is just making the game look more like a medieval version of Rainbow Six Siege and thats something i dont want it to be.

Then again, all the money and resources put into Split-Screen....they are wasting it by taking it out....all because of the Young Kids complaining about connection issues which will never be resolved because Ubisoft.