PDA

View Full Version : AC4:BF Community Challenge Mod?

Goatroach
10-05-2016, 06:43 AM
Hey, since the community challenges are apparently dead, has anyone made a mod or something that can unlock the community items?
I really want that angel figurehead, but it's apparently a reward for completing a non-existent challenge. The files are obviously already in the game installation, so is there a file I can alter that would basically be like changing a stat from like "[item name] is unlocked=False" to "[item name] is unlocked=True" or something along those lines? The game obviously does a check for whether or not something is unlocked yet, so a mod should work. I just want to know if anyone did something like that so we can access all of the content we paid for. If Ubi$oft isn't gonna support online unlocks, then we need an offline solution, don'tcha think? This is one of my favoritye games of all time (feels like an adult version of TLoZ: Wind Waker :)), and I'd like my dang content to be unlockable, even if it's incredibly challenging to unlock it.

dparra85
10-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Can mods be applied to a console?

Goatroach
10-08-2016, 12:11 AM
Can mods be applied to a console?
Technically speaking, yes, but 1: it's difficult compared to PC, and 2: consoles tend to have strict policies about modifying games, be they PvE, PvP, or co-op, so I would advise against it. Also, I'm pretty sure this is the PC forum, not the console forum, so you may want to ask in one of those forums instead.