PDA

View Full Version : Problem authenticating ownership of this product.

LittleLia18
10-04-2016, 03:24 PM
rainbow six siege was bought on steam, which then gave me a code to register the game with on uplay. The code was used on a uplay account registered to another steam account. The steam accounts are in family sharing so I can launch uplay/siege from either account but when I try to launch the game that is installed/purchased on the other account on my main account then I get an error saying "There was a problem authenticating the ownership of this product". Can u guys fix this for me? Do I have to contact steam support for this matter? Will buying another copy on my main steam account fix this (regardless of what I do with the code that I get on purchase)? I'm not sure if I like this last option but I hope u have a solution for me. This problem never occured in the beginning, it only happened a while after release.

UbiInsulin
10-04-2016, 10:00 PM
Hi! Please open a ticket regarding this issue at https://support.ubi.com . Log in and click Contact Customer Support in order to open your case. I would include the Steam code and the name of the other Uplay account in your ticket to help your agent investigate this issue quickly. Thanks!