PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed. Some computer crashed while gaming.

CRSutton
04-08-2004, 10:46 AM
For about three months now I have been experiencing some crashes while gaming. Usually, it just sends me out of the game and back to the desktop, but I have had a reboot or two as well. It is happening in my three favorite games. UV, Medieval, and Medal of Honor. I suspect it is video card related but really do not know. My case was recently cleaned out so I don't think it is heat related. I have a nvidia card installed and am using the drivers recommended when I insalled the aces update. The new drivers have not solved the crash problem.

Is it possible that I have some older hardware drivers that are conflicting with the new ones? Is there some sharware out there that can help me clean up and streamline my driver?

Thanks for any help.

CRSutton
04-08-2004, 10:46 AM
For about three months now I have been experiencing some crashes while gaming. Usually, it just sends me out of the game and back to the desktop, but I have had a reboot or two as well. It is happening in my three favorite games. UV, Medieval, and Medal of Honor. I suspect it is video card related but really do not know. My case was recently cleaned out so I don't think it is heat related. I have a nvidia card installed and am using the drivers recommended when I insalled the aces update. The new drivers have not solved the crash problem.

Is it possible that I have some older hardware drivers that are conflicting with the new ones? Is there some sharware out there that can help me clean up and streamline my driver?

Thanks for any help.

Heavy_Weather
04-08-2004, 11:19 AM
make sure all programs are closed in your task bar before starting your games. if you have any room for a ram upgrade, get more ram. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

"The wise man is often the man who plays dumb."

AirBot
04-08-2004, 12:18 PM
First of all, I'd suggest opening up the case and playing with it open for a bit. You could also bring in a home fan and point it into the case (don't forget to turn it on though http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif). This is just to make sure the problem is indeed not heat related.

If the problem persists, try scanning yourself for viruses (Norton AntiVirus, McAfee, or whatever you happen to use. Don't forget to update before the scan though), spyware (AdAware, SpyBot Search & Destroy) and trojans (Trojan Remover). If you're clean and still have the problem, try reinstalling Windows from scratch.

Let us know how it goes.

AirBot
04-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Oh, almost forgot:
Try posting this in the Community Help forum, you'll get better advice there.

Good luck!

CRSutton
04-08-2004, 06:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AirBot:
Oh, almost forgot:
Try posting this in the Community Help forum, you'll get better advice there.

Good luck!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will do. Thanks.

mortoma
04-09-2004, 12:05 AM
Sounds like you may have an inadequate power supply. My brother was having the same type of trouble so we went out and bought a new P.S. ( Antec 430 watt ) and he has had no trouble since.
Maybe you have added more things in your computer that drain more power?? Like extra hard drives or something like that?? My brother sure had and that's why the new P.S. cured his problems.