PDA

View Full Version : Let's put some Wolverine into this game...

EothK
09-30-2016, 02:52 PM
Okay sorry for the very misleading title but it's not that misleading....

So I have been watching video's after Alpha quite a while now. And I notice the UI is very in your face.
Health bars, stamina bars etc all over the place. And eventhough it is needed I can't help but wonder if in this time and day we can not have it a bit more "In game"

Which brings me to Wolverine. Not the Wolverine in comics per se but rather the videogame "Wolverine: Xmen Origins"

For those who don't know its a quite good action game starring the famous Logan. But what is so cool is since he has a healing factor the game shows damage on the character.
First some cuts, then flesh wounds, than big wholes in his body all down to seeing his skeleton in the game, needing no explanation that you as a player are in a bad place....

Now obviously in For Honor this much damage wouldn't fit but I can help to think it would be cool to have something like this:

"5 health bars"

1. Piece of Armor falling off as first block health
2. Bloody cuts show on character as 2nd block
3. Heavy bleeding on ground as 3rd block
4. Big red splashes all over the armor/warrior indicating almost dead
5. You're dead

Obviously the idea needs some work, but I think it would be a much cooler and more fitting way to show health.
Maybe just have health bar in the top corner as a "backup" system.
And yes it may not be 100% as clear as mere health bars but it would look cool and in the end make the whole battlefield feel more grim and deadly instead of arcady.

Any thoughts?

iHunny
09-30-2016, 04:34 PM
What happpens when the heroe gets revived to full HP?