PDA

View Full Version : Kings in faction leaderboards?

djb204
09-29-2016, 05:08 PM
I would love to see Faction leaderboards for every platform, and have the best player for each faction be given the "king" title.

For example: if you play on PC, and your faction is The Legion, and you are ranked number one on the PC's Legion leaderboards, you will be The Legions king. Your user name will have a crown beside it notifying other players of your status.

The same would go for every other faction on every platform. The Warborn would have there own king, the Chosen would have their king, and the Legion. This would be amazing.

Masked_Yurei
09-30-2016, 01:29 AM
Yeah that is cool. Promote people to hack kill counts, which is done in the leaderboards of every Souls game, and pat people on the back that abuse the most obnoxious game mechanics; glitches and unbalanced things in the game; who are the ones that have the highest kill count most of the time.

It is not as if they already did that in the Alpha. Got to love all the children getting their name of the chalkboard for abusing a broken game and making strangers feel like ****.

djb204
09-30-2016, 02:16 AM
Yeah that is cool. Promote people to hack kill counts, which is done in the leaderboards of every Souls game, and pat people on the back that abuse the most obnoxious game mechanics; glitches and unbalanced things in the game; who are the ones that have the highest kill count most of the time.

It is not as if they already did that in the Alpha. Got to love all the children getting their name of the chalkboard for abusing a broken game and making strangers feel like ****.

Wow... Sounds like you got your a** handed to you in the alpha lol. Ubi has done good with their leaderboards lately. Why do you have a problem with rewarding the top players with a simple title? That's all it is, and it won't affect gameplay in anyway. Why are you afraid of a ranking system? You can't be that bad.

Patient_Fodder
09-30-2016, 09:28 AM
Why do you have a problem with rewarding the top players with a simple title? That's all it is, and it won't affect gameplay in anyway.

Why does every game have to have a leaderboard .........?
And yes it will change gameplay, the amount of glitchers,abusers and possible cheaters will increase.

General Basch
09-30-2016, 09:32 AM
I like the idea but I think it should be the top 50 or 100 players that gain a specific title and each ranked list (if there are multiple ones) should have its own one.
That way you will actually encounter some people who have such a title but there could still be a King title for the best of the best.

The only thing that bothers me about such lists is the way the rank is determined.

Some games have stupid rankings like most kills or most won matches and I don’t think someone should get such a prestigious title for just grinding without being actually one of the best.
Also ranks should be resetted every season (like in rainbow) to give others a chance to catch up.

edit:

Why does every game have to have a leaderboard .........?
And yes it will change gameplay, the amount of glitchers,abusers and possible cheaters will increase.

Because in competitive games you want to see how good you are compared to others.
The better qustion is why does every game have to have a k/d that even counts in objective modes?

Patient_Fodder
09-30-2016, 09:49 AM
edit:

Because in competitive games you want to see how good you are compared to others.
The better qustion is why does every game have to have a k/d that even counts in objective modes?

Life is competitive, computer games are not to me, they are games.
: o)

And on your last point, don't get me started on k/d in games where objectives should have been paramount. I am with you all the way there.
But in For Honour (TT, CA) I found a way to tweak my favourite character (Warden) in such a way that the last you care about is k/d and are very valuable to the team.

This is actually one of the reasons why I preordered.

General Basch
09-30-2016, 10:21 AM
Life is competitive, computer games are not to me, they are games.

But still some are competitive and the reason is because people always want to be better in something than others, if that wasnít the case there wouldn't really be a reason to play multiplayer. Of course you donít have to be super serious about it but still in the end every one likes to win and get better but to actually get better and to win more often you have to play regularly against enemies that are equally good or better than you, thatís also one reason to have ranks. Some people like to see how far they have come and therefore a leader board is nice.

I donít really see why there shouldn't be a leaderboard.
It could make people cheat but thatís a general problem and actually I donít see how you could effectively cheat in for honor without enough people noticing and getting banned.

Patient_Fodder
09-30-2016, 10:42 AM
But still some are competitive and the reason is because people always want to be better in something than others, if that wasn’t the case there wouldn't really be a reason to play multiplayer. Of course you don’t have to be super serious about it but still in the end every one likes to win and get better but to actually get better and to win more often you have to play regularly against enemies that are equally good or better than you, that’s also one reason to have ranks. Some people like to see how far they have come and therefore a leader board is nice.

I don’t really see why there shouldn't be a leaderboard.

I understand you, I am just not of the same opinion. Simply because it never ends, first it is a leaderboard, then a Kng every season, an Emperor every quarter, and god every year.
Specifically as I really do not care too much for Duels, but am Dominion focussed. In which there then should be a team ladder, which is impossible for normal matchmade non premades. Which have to take into account ... etc etc. Any leaderboard is limited to a predefined set, and as you already pointed out correctly earlier, those predefined sets are quite debatable as well depending on which preferences one has.

Too much hassle, I'm in for the fun bit of gaming.

Edit, Forgot to mention, multiplayer to me is about playing with friends, not see wee how good I am compared to anybody, so for me there is a different reason for multiplayer gaming.

General Basch
09-30-2016, 11:28 AM
I understand you, I am just not of the same opinion. Simply because it never ends, first it is a leaderboard, then a Kng every season, an Emperor every quarter, and god every year.

Edit, Forgot to mention, multiplayer to me is about playing with friends, not see wee how good I am compared to anybody, so for me there is a different reason for multiplayer gaming.

I donít think that it would go beyond a season title. The only reason why i think it would be cool to have something beyond a rank is because it has something cool or even intimidating if you fight against someone that you can see is a top player and owning that title is also cool.

Playing with friends is the best but sometimes solo action is awesome too and for honor is perfect for 1 on 1 action.
Again playing with friends is also even more fun when winning.

Patient_Fodder
09-30-2016, 11:55 AM
I don’t think that it would go beyond a season title. The only reason why i think it would be cool to have something beyond a rank is because it has something cool or even intimidating if you fight against someone that you can see is a top player and owning that title is also cool.

Playing with friends is the best but sometimes solo action is awesome too and for honor is perfect for 1 on 1 action.
Again playing with friends is also even more fun when winning.

Can't argue with you there!
All true.

: o)

JukeboxJuliet
09-30-2016, 01:57 PM

Lol what?
I would love for more details on how you feel the game is broken and being exploited.

Lerneros
10-01-2016, 12:45 AM
Why do you have a problem with rewarding the top players with a simple title? That's all it is, and it won't affect gameplay in anyway.
During the alpha there were daily ''leaderboards'' on the forums. The ''leaders'' on those ''leaderboards'' abused several things one of which was leaving ingame when losing so that the loss would not be registered. It is common knowledge that people will abuse the system just to get their name on the board it is nothing new. If it sounds unbelievable to you for some reason then you must be new to competitive videogames. If that's the case then Welcome =)