PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Wishlist

djb204
09-29-2016, 06:12 AM
We've played the alpha, and the beta is not too far away. The devs have proven their interest in fan feedback. What would everyone want to see added to For Honor?

My personal wishlist:

- I hope For Honor doesn't require an online connection to play. (The Division)

- Ability to play all multiplayer game-modes offline against bots or split screen.

- Abilility to remove HUD and UI elements in the options menu.

- LAN support on consoles.

- 8player Free For All Last Man Standing. (no teammates)

- 3way faction battles. 2v2v2.

- Rush Mode from the Battlefield games, but with a medieval setting. Basically Attack & Defend mode within a castle. (1st) Castle Walls. (2nd) inside Castle Walls. (3rd) Inside Castle.

- Horses and mounted combat.

- Multiple spawn points in Dominion mode to avoid spawn campers.

- capture the flag mode.

iHunny
09-29-2016, 11:06 AM
I agree to all suggestions except the 3 last.

Dienekes12
09-29-2016, 03:29 PM
I agree to all suggestions except the 3 last.

I dunno, Capture the Flag isn't exactly bad, I wouldn't play it though. But I'm sure someone would find it fun.

Agreed that multiple spawn points in Dominion doesn't really need to happen. But if there ever becomes a Large Map Dominion Mode with more players and giant maps, then it might be useful.

But one that I have been thinking about implementing is cavalry. Basically, I can see it working like vehicles in Halo or similar games. There are mounts placed somewhere in the map, and you can sit on one. If you sit on one you get increased speed, but your attacks are limited to attack from right, attack from left, which deal more damage if the mount is in motion. Attacking the mount can also damage you (if the attacks would hit your hitbox in addition to the horse's) but if the mount is killed the rider would be thrown from the horse taking a lot of damage, but rolling at the right time may halve that damage. I think that could work in some Dominion maps. But only some, make it another element to add some diversity to the maps as opposed to being something that is expected to be in all of them.

They should absolutely avoid mounted classes though.

Anyway my wishlist:

-All the offline play and bot play stuff sounds great.

-Get rid of gender locked classes

-Horde mode

-Big Map Dominion, with 6-8 players per side in giant crazy maps

-Ranking system / Ranked dueling or duo tourneys maybe as weekend events

-Cavalry in the way I described or similar

-I just really hope the single player campaign is good. I'm not looking for the next Ulysses in game form, but I would like some effort and thought put into it.

-And customization to get rid of some of the designs I don't like. Specifically giving actual gauntlets and vambraces to the Conqueror in place of those weird chains. And giving the Valkyrie just a normal round shield, not that strange thing. Now I'm sure someone is going to find some actual shield shaped like that, but man, I do not like it.

djb204
09-29-2016, 04:13 PM
The multiple spawn points wasn't suggesting another location on the map. Hear me out....

Currently in the alpha build, players spawning in have their character in the match long before they have control over them. The camera pans down from an areal view of the battlefield to the character. So for those few seconds of camera panning, our character is a sitting duck. He is vulnerable to spawn camper attacks, and can take damage way before we have control of him to defend any attacks. If you haven't experienced this, that is great. But, if something isn't done about this, you will experience it soon enough after release. It's an exploit that players WILL use.

Multiple spawn points is a decent fix. Maybe the far left or far right of the current spawn location found in the alpha. Everybody spawns dead center right now, and it's a turkey shoot for spawn campers.

Another good fix would be to have the spawn location on a platform where players would need to jump down from after spawning in. This would ensure they ain't vulnerable to attacks before they have control over their character to defend themselves.

Another option is... Get rid of the camera panning down from the sky to the character. Give us immediate control of our character. The camera pan is a nice effect, but if it's gonna be an issue. Get rid of it.

Another fix would be... Make us invulnerable to damage for a few seconds after spawning. This way, we have time for the camera to pan down, and become aware of our surroundings.

JukeboxJuliet
09-29-2016, 04:23 PM
2v2v2 for brawls would be pretty cool... but won't it be like the alpha where you can basically choose any character from any faction you want?

I think a mounted mode, like jousting would be hilarious and awesome, maybe as a DLC. If the hit is fatal, you die. Otherwise you get dismounted, and you can either try to dismount the other guy by jumping at him, or the other guy can dismount and then the joust turns into a brawl with weapons to the death. Totally do not expect that to be incorporated into this game, but if they did I could dig it haha. --- Also a tournament melee where some people are on horses, and some people are just charging on foot, and everyone battles to the death in the center.

Mainly I want to see more than the 3 maps that were available in the alpha, and bigger maps with more objectives and more players than 4v4. That's probably the #1 thing on my wishlist beyond the basic necessity of not being booted back to the main menu mid-match. If there were huge battlefields and matches of 20v20 - yes please!

djb204
09-29-2016, 06:05 PM
No shining weapons or armor during this like Revenge Mode. One main thing that attracted me to this medieval game over others is the realism. Zero magic, zero spells, zero enchanted gear. But then we get glowing characters and weapons? Come on now!!!

Avlaen
09-30-2016, 09:58 AM
Get rid of gender locked classes, and some sort of co op horde mode

General Basch
09-30-2016, 10:37 AM
The multiple spawn points wasn't suggesting another location on the map. Hear me out....

Currently in the alpha build, players spawning in have their character in the match long before they have control over them. The camera pans down from an areal view of the battlefield to the character. So for those few seconds of camera panning, our character is a sitting duck. He is vulnerable to spawn camper attacks, and can take damage way before we have control of him to defend any attacks. If you haven't experienced this, that is great. But, if something isn't done about this, you will experience it soon enough after release. It's an exploit that players WILL use.

Multiple spawn points is a decent fix. Maybe the far left or far right of the current spawn location found in the alpha. Everybody spawns dead center right now, and it's a turkey shoot for spawn campers.

There actually were no spawn points beside the main spawn the things is, your character replaced a bot even mid combat that’s the reason why you often spawned in the middle of the map. You even would have the same health as the bot you replaced, I have especially experienced it in duel mode when a bot was replaced during the round.

JukeboxJuliet
09-30-2016, 01:41 PM
There actually were no spawn points beside the main spawn the things is, your character replaced a bot even mid combat thatís the reason why you often spawned in the middle of the map. You even would have the same health as the bot you replaced, I have especially experienced it in duel mode when a bot was replaced during the round.

Yeahhhh I was actually not a fan of that. I spawned into a 2v2 thinking that I was starting a fresh match. I ended up replacing a bot and when I spawned in, the bot I replaced was still laying there dead, and the other player was executing me... so I didn't even have a chance to fight back that round. -_-

djb204
10-02-2016, 05:25 AM
There actually were no spawn points beside the main spawn the things is, your character replaced a bot even mid combat that’s the reason why you often spawned in the middle of the map. You even would have the same health as the bot you replaced, I have especially experienced it in duel mode when a bot was replaced during the round.

You misunderstood. When I said spawning dead center, I was referring to each team's respective sides where all players spawn at the beginning of each Dominion March. Everyone spawns dead center at their own spawn points. They should be spread around a bit. 10 meters or so apart. Enemy players do camp spawn points, and the camera panning down when we do choose to spawn in makes us vulnerable to enemy attack. Our characters are already in the match the second we press the button. But we can't do anything until the camera is over our characters shoulders.