PDA

View Full Version : Small Complaints, give me your opinions please

DarkMasterJuice
09-27-2016, 10:00 AM
I have some complaints regarding what the team has done with AC and the changes they have made to the games. I want to start by saying Iím a big fan of the AC world since the beginning with the first Assassins Creed, I have every game for Xbox 360 and Xbox one, I will say that since they started making AC games the graphics have greatly improved and I love it, the story lines are also good so please keep them coming.
The team has done great things with the games and I will continue getting any game that comes out for the Xbox systems, this is where I begging my complaints;

#1 I do not like that I canít chose between swords, hidden blade or just fists when Iím going to a fight, the last game to allow that was AC4 Black Flag and I really enjoyed that feature.

#2 why would you not add an app companion with this game? You could have added something like some small gang wars in the app, that and I like having a map showing me where I am without having to keep pausing the game every time, I might take me the same amount of time but I like to use my tablet and not having to use the joysticks for that.

#3 I would really like to have the capability to play missions with friends, I donít care for PvP at all but co-op was one big thing that I really liked from AC Unity, could it be possible to put that in in the game? I have a big enough HDD so if I need to download a 4GB patch for that I would totally do it.

Last complaint, who is updating the Initiates webpage, or did it not have a big success and has been left as an unattended project? The only thing I donít know how to do in the site is add by books, other than that I liked the page, if it is not going to be updated with AC Syndicate thatís cool I guess, just let me know please.

Is it just me?

Dieinthedark
09-27-2016, 08:21 PM
Absolutely no companion apps. They serve no purpose, distract the team from delivering a quality game (single focus), they're game breaking in the sense that you have to stop playing the game to check the app, and don't offer anything on their own that the game can't do itself. Use the PS4 touch pad if you don't like joysticks. There's better solutions than a companion app, if Unity's was any indicator.

SixKeys
09-27-2016, 08:30 PM
#1 I do not like that I can’t chose between swords, hidden blade or just fists when I’m going to a fight, the last game to allow that was AC4 Black Flag and I really enjoyed that feature.

I'm glad we can't fight with the hidden blade anymore. It was always ridiculous that a small, thin piece of metal could block heavy sword attacks. In AC1 you could counter with the HB, but not block, and the counter window was much smaller than the dagger or sword, which could be used offensively. They could bring that system back, but that would lead to the problem the old games always had with "turtling": all the player had to do was to hold down the counter button and wait for enemies to attack for an insta-kill. This leads to silly-looking fights with enemies patiently waiting in line for their turn. We need more aggressive AI, enemies that will attack simultaneously instead of one at a time, and the old counter-based system simply doesn't allow for that.

#2 why would you not add an app companion with this game? You could have added something like some small gang wars in the app, that and I like having a map showing me where I am without having to keep pausing the game every time, I might take me the same amount of time but I like to use my tablet and not having to use the joysticks for that.

Because the last companion app (Unity's) was an unmitigated disaster and they wanted to avoid making the same mistake.

Last complaint, who is updating the Initiates webpage, or did it not have a big success and has been left as an unattended project? The only thing I don’t know how to do in the site is add by books, other than that I liked the page, if it is not going to be updated with AC Syndicate that’s cool I guess, just let me know please.

Initiates is dead. They really should put up some kind of notice about it on the website itself considering how often people still ask about it.

D.I.D.
09-28-2016, 12:15 AM
I love the idea of a companion app, but the reality of it was that it was too hard to read at a glance. For whatever reasons, they couldn't make the phone map keep pace with the player's location in the game either (or at least they couldn't on the Windows Phone that I was using at the time). The on-screen map was always superior.

But the worst part is that a companion app (with animated graphics and constant data connection requirements) is about the worst balance of usefulness to battery drainage that you can possibly have.

Fatal-Feit
09-28-2016, 01:29 AM
I hated having additional apps and stuff for AC because the developers keep trying to create exclusive DLC/ULCs for these things. I remember when Black Flag locked sooooooooo much content behind figurines. And they're still locked, btw.

ERICATHERINE
09-28-2016, 02:37 AM
#1 I do not like that I can’t chose between swords, hidden blade or just fists when I’m going to a fight, the last game to allow that was AC4 Black Flag and I really enjoyed that feature.

In fact, the last game to allow that was ac rogue, with ac liberation hd between the two.

Also, I would also like the counter kill to return. I was always doing them, but not because it was easy. I was doing them because I always adored the finnishing moves of the counter kill. Especially the one of that video from 1 : 23 to 1 : 30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La68-tl8tiA

That's my favorite one. ^-^

DarkMasterJuice
09-28-2016, 08:08 AM
For the App thing I can understand, but with the choosing of weapons instead of the game choosing it for me i would like to pick my self, AC Unity wast that bad because it would knock the people down and then you had the opportunity to finish of the guy with the sword.
I will forget about the companion app and the Initiates web page but as for me picking my style of fighting and the co-op i think it should be brought back. even if the choosing of fighting style is limited but let me decide if i want to go all-out fist fight or sword, and if i am going against a big weapon like an ax then you would have to chose something else beside just fists.

out of the subject, i would like to see a full re-make of the first Assassins Creed, now that they have all thees improved graphics and engines and whatever else they have, they could rebuild the first AC, i understand the layout would probably not change and that's ok because its a different time but i know they could rebuild it and make it a lot better.

Ubi-Banshee
09-28-2016, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the feedback on the apps! I'll pass it along.

cawatrooper9
09-28-2016, 03:56 PM
Yeah, apps are just busy work. If I wanted a subpar mobile game, I have plenty to choose from in the app store- heck, there are still plenty to choose from within the AC franchise, even.

When I want to play an AC game, I want to be immersed, not frustrated that I feel obligated to play a weak mobile title too.

SixKeys
09-28-2016, 10:42 PM
I must say, if they were to ever bring back a companion app, it should be unique and actually useful. Using it as just a second map is utterly pointless. One thing I thought showed potential in Unity's app was scanning buildings for glyphs, but it was terribly implemented with paywall shenanigans. If you didn't find all the glyphs within a given timeframe, you would need to wait until your lives refilled or buy more, IIRC. That kind of Candy Crush crap is horse**** and doesn't belong in AC.

I'm dying to have meaningful secrets and puzzles back in the games and a companion app could be great for that. I keep saying, make a Pokemon Go-inspired AR app where you have to scan real life buildings for creepy glyphs and I will throw money at it. The point of companion apps is to keep players engaged when they're away from the game. Having an app that you just keep running next to you as a second map while you're looking at the in-game map is the definition of redundancy. An app should offer something you can't get from the basic experience, preferably tailored specifically for a mobile (as in on-the-move) experience.

Righteous Angel
10-01-2016, 03:06 PM
Bring back some difficulty to the missions. Syndicate was far too easy it lacked any sort of challenge whatsoever.

Get rid of Helix credits completely.

No companion apps that's a horrible suggestion.

ERICATHERINE
10-01-2016, 11:30 PM
I don't know why nobody mentionned it, but I'll do it.

we want multiple save slot. ^-^

joshoolhorst
10-03-2016, 06:41 PM
1.Get rid of Helix like it never excisted.
2. MULTIPLE SAVE SLOTS
3. New activities in the open world.
4. A Assassin's Creed story that doesn't feel like a parody and keeps true to the Creed
5. GIVE A CHARACTER MORE THAN 1 GAME, I'M SICK AND TIRED OF CHARACTERS LEAVING!
6. Never yearly releases again please:)
7. No apps and multiple accounts for chests
8. An actual Modern Day with activities and finish the Juno arc I rather have her just die than see her face popping up everywhere for the next 10 years because I rather have the Modern Day removed if that will happen