PDA

View Full Version : Hitbox differences between genders?

Critzors
09-25-2016, 08:41 PM
I was not in the alpha so I was not able to test or see this in action but are the hitboxes between the male and female characters different in size? Because if, say, the female wardens hitbox is smaller than the male wardens, then why wouldn't you chose a female warden if you wanted all the possible advantages against opponents? In watching some of the gameplay it looked as if the models between male and female wardens differ in size (height and width). Anyone noticed anything while in the alpha?

dasokux
09-26-2016, 01:24 AM
Nope, there isn't any difference at all. It's all cosmetic.

Vakris_One
09-26-2016, 01:29 AM
Nope, the hitboxes aren't smaller. In a first person shooter maybe it might matter slightly with the height and bulk but in For Honor it doesn't make any difference.

You lock on to whoever you are fighting and your attacks swing, slash and thrust at them. Dodging works the same for both genders and the 'size' of your character has no bearing on his/her hitbox - timing the dodge correctly is what decides whether you get hit or not. How far your weapon reaches and how fast your attacks are is the most significant factor in terms of any character advantages. But all characters were pretty well balanced in my opinion with none of them having an insurmountable advantage above the others.

Killerbrian26
09-28-2016, 04:27 AM
As others already stated they are the same. This was confirmed in their revelations stream.