PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Combat

Abeardedsage
09-25-2016, 05:46 AM
So, I found out AFTER the For Honor alpha had passed that I had been invited to participate. Which brings me to a few questions since I missed out. First, will this mean that I have virtually no chance to be involved in the next alpha or beta test? If anyone knows, I'd be grateful for the answer.

Now, the next question I had was since I didn't get to play the game to experience things first hand, I've wondered what the advantages and disadvantages are to the different ways to avoid attacks. I know there's a guard break, so is there a point to guarding instead of always dodging attacks since a guard break seems to stun you and open you up to attacks? Also, is there a reason you can't just guard break every single time you attack someone? Is there any other way to avoid a guard break than dodging away from it? I've tried looking at different gameplay videos, but it was never made very clear to me. I looked around on the forums already, but couldn't really find any clear information other than guard breaks being really hard to deal with. Any help will be massively appreciated!

ArtieDayne
09-25-2016, 07:02 AM
So, I found out AFTER the For Honor alpha had passed that I had been invited to participate. Which brings me to a few questions since I missed out. First, will this mean that I have virtually no chance to be involved in the next alpha or beta test? If anyone knows, I'd be grateful for the answer.

Now, the next question I had was since I didn't get to play the game to experience things first hand, I've wondered what the advantages and disadvantages are to the different ways to avoid attacks. I know there's a guard break, so is there a point to guarding instead of always dodging attacks since a guard break seems to stun you and open you up to attacks? Also, is there a reason you can't just guard break every single time you attack someone? Is there any other way to avoid a guard break than dodging away from it? I've tried looking at different gameplay videos, but it was never made very clear to me. I looked around on the forums already, but couldn't really find any clear information other than guard breaks being really hard to deal with. Any help will be massively appreciated!

You can counter a guard break by pressing the guard break button yourself within a small window of time. Doing so will cancel the guard break basically and cause you to push the player back a little ways. You also cannot be guard broke while you are attacking.

vbpreina
09-25-2016, 05:56 PM

Hey there.

To your first question. There is always a Chance to get into a test Phase. Who the dev Team invites lies in there Hands. As i read the post for the Alpha they said that anyone who isn't invited should be sad becouse there is more test phases and there will be a Chance to get in. So i was invited to the Alpha test but this doesn't say that i am in the next testphase automaticly. And it also say's that your are automaticly not in the next test Phase. I personaly think that there will be more persons invited to the next Phase of testing becouse they also want to secure that their Servers work. So they exide the numbers of invites. (The last Thing is my oppinion.)

To your second question.

So there are many ways to avoid a guadbreak is to doge them or strike bevor the guardbreak happens. This means when the Animation of the guardbreak starts and you get hit by your Opponent the guardbreak doesn't work. So the Animation of the guardbreak have to finish that it really works. Your Opponent can also perform a guardbreak,, the guardbreak which finishes first will work. So the only Thing is to interuped it first, but thats a Little hard. You also can make a Counter guardbreak which also Needs Timing. So like all in the combat System Timing is important!

Greetings and i hope i could helped you^^