PDA

View Full Version : Which group of remakes would you want Ubisoft to do after the Ezio collection?

ERICATHERINE
09-23-2016, 11:53 PM
This thread will include 2 polls. The one above with a different title than this thread and the one bellow with the question being the title of this thread. Feel free to comment about each of the two polls, may it be only for one of them or for the 2 at the same time.

The America collection, which would include ac 3, ac rogue and ac liberation hd?

A let's call it "Altair dual pack, which would include ac 1 and ac bloodlines?

Something else? (please explain what would you prefer)

As for me, since I'm having more and more problem with ac iii each time I play it, I would really appreciate an America collection.

As for the poll above, I would have prefered a Desmond's story collection. That way, I would have it's entire story, the one of Connor, the one of Ezio and ac 1's story on ps4 instead of just Ezio's story being the only one to be complete.

And you, what would you prefer? ^-^

SixKeys
09-24-2016, 01:30 AM
I don't see them ever bothering to remake Bloodlines. Porting handheld games to consoles/PC tends to be considerably more effort than it's worth. Liberation is one of the only exceptions to the rule that I can think of, from any company. Console games have been ported to handhelds occasionally (mostly Nintendo games) but the other way around is extremely rare. If anything, I could maybe see it being recreated for smartphones, but for consoles? Never.

As for the poll, I would prefer a Desmond collection instead of the Ezio collection.

ShoryukenMan
09-24-2016, 01:41 AM
When we first heard about an AC collection, I was hoping it would be a collection of AC1,2,Bro,Rev,3,4, and Rogue. So, I would prefer a Desmond Collection, so that's what I voted for, but since they're already doing the Ezio collection separately, I would like them to do an America collection next, with AC4 thrown in.

ze_topazio
09-24-2016, 03:12 AM
I don't see them ever bothering to remake Bloodlines. Porting handheld games to consoles/PC tends to be considerably more effort than it's worth. Liberation is one of the only exceptions to the rule that I can think of, from any company. Console games have been ported to handhelds occasionally (mostly Nintendo games) but the other way around is extremely rare. If anything, I could maybe see it being recreated for smartphones, but for consoles? Never.

As for the poll, I would prefer a Desmond collection instead of the Ezio collection.

From memory

God of War Chain of Olympus PSP -> PS3
God of War Ghost of Sparta PSP -> PS3
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker PSP -> PS3/360
Final Fantasy Type 0 PSP -> PS4
Final Fantasy III Remake DS -> PC
Final Fantasy IV Remake DS -> PC
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep PSP -> PS3
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance 3DS -> PS4
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories PSP -> PS2
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories PSP -> PS2
Resident Evil Revelations 3DS -> PS3/360/WiiU/PC
Monster Hunter 3rd Portable PSP -> PS3
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce PSP -> PS3/360
Gravity Rush Vita -> PS4
Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate 3DS/Vita -> PS3/360/WiiU/PC
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate 3DS -> PS3/360/PC

And I'm sure there are others.

Yeah, it's less common than games from previous generations but it does happen occasionally, so I don't think is entirely impossible, but is definitely very unlikely since I doubt Ubisoft would see much value in doing it.

SixKeys
09-24-2016, 03:19 AM
I stand corrected then.

I-Like-Pie45
09-24-2016, 03:30 AM
Remaster AC1 for the 10th anniversary, make it a pre-order bonus for Empire if it's coming that year.

I'd like an actual remake for AC3 in the vein of those fancy director's cuts/redux editions of other games - improve the gameplay and mission design that was lacking in the original edition, fix the horses, have Noah rerecord the Connor lines that sounded awkward (basically all the Homestead mission lines) and put some of the cut dialogues (you know the one) back in, and add in some of the things that never were in AC3 like frozen lakes swimming beavers canoes rando(m) events. But given that Ubisoft really seems like it has a "whats an AC3" mind-set sometimes I expect a cheap remaster at most.

Rugterwyper32
09-24-2016, 03:57 AM
Ideally? A REmake level remake of AC1 or AC3, to the point that it's pretty much a new game entirely. I feel those two games could use it the most. Improve what was already there and add more content on top of it. If it's AC1, make the Kingdom worth something more than just a ride to get to cities the first time, and rework the cities a bit to make the repetition feel less noticeable, add stuff such as interiors and whatnot, make collecting flags actually mean something...
And if it's AC3, add content that had to be cut due to limitations of any sort (Great Fire of New York, Battles of Trenton and Princeton, freezing lakes), add more to do in areas of the Frontier, maybe some interiors would be interesting, rework the story a bit so characters don't just appear and disappear, things like that. But still, make it similar and yet very different, like in REmake where you can definitely recognize many areas yet there's many new locations and whatnot, and while the story is essentially the same it has things added on top and some changed to make it remain interesting. And of course, noticeable graphical improvements. Can you imagine AC1 with Unity quality looks?

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-24-2016, 09:27 PM
I would LOVE to play all the handheld games I didnt get to play just because they were, well, handheld. :p

So that'll be great.

Otherwise, AC1 and AC3 remasters would be awesome.

And for both, they should include anything and everything they left out during the pre-production and stuff. The technology we have now should be able to handle what they wanted in the game now, right (e.g. canoes, frozen lakes, random events)?

And TBH, AC1 should have been remastered first, but I guess Altair didnt sell higher then Ezio.

I-Like-Pie45
09-25-2016, 02:31 AM
Ideally? A REmake level remake of AC1 or AC3, to the point that it's pretty much a new game entirely. I feel those two games could use it the most. Improve what was already there and add more content on top of it. If it's AC1, make the Kingdom worth something more than just a ride to get to cities the first time, and rework the cities a bit to make the repetition feel less noticeable, add stuff such as interiors and whatnot, make collecting flags actually mean something...
And if it's AC3, add content that had to be cut due to limitations of any sort (Great Fire of New York, Battles of Trenton and Princeton, freezing lakes), add more to do in areas of the Frontier, maybe some interiors would be interesting, rework the story a bit so characters don't just appear and disappear, things like that. But still, make it similar and yet very different, like in REmake where you can definitely recognize many areas yet there's many new locations and whatnot, and while the story is essentially the same it has things added on top and some changed to make it remain interesting. And of course, noticeable graphical improvements. Can you imagine AC1 with Unity quality looks?

that'd be a great addition to an AC3 remake - a new sequence or two in between Sequences 8 and 9 that encompasses the Great Fire, the Crossing of the Delaware, and the Battle of Trenton. Nathan Hale (since he was pretty much hanged right after the Fire and I guess his famous line can be rewritten as "I regret I have but one life to give to my Order"), Johann Rall (he died at Trenton), and I guess you can throw in that Hessian guy from multiplayer (make him Rall's bodyguard) as targets for the sequence. It'd build up the relationship between Connor and Washington, so the betrayal would have greater impact. I'd place this sequence after the scene where Connor and Achilles have their argument over telling Washington about the Templars (originally from Sequence 9) and by the end give the reason why Connor didn't tell Washington since I felt that was poorly handled in the original game.

I'd like to see more missions in the storyline where Connor and Haytham are together, because as the dearly departed Assassin_M once said, their interactions brought out some of the best aspects of their characters. The game also should be rewritten slightly so Connor's inner struggle following his split with Washington is touched upon and resolved better than the original game did it.

Also maybe add a scene for Connor where he meets Benjamin Franklin so at least we have a reason for him to be chasing after the Almanac pages, as well as a scene where that poor dude gets his pages back - seriously I think Haytham and Connor just took them and never gave them back.

if AC1 gets remade, I wonder if they'll keep Philip Shahbaz's (#theoriginalassassin on Twitter before his account was suspended for some reason) voice, or just have Cas Anvar (originally #IAmAltair now just #Altair on Twitter) rerecord the lines.

Rugterwyper32
09-25-2016, 03:12 AM
that'd be a great addition to an AC3 remake - a new sequence or two in between Sequences 8 and 9 that encompasses the Great Fire, the Crossing of the Delaware, and the Battle of Trenton. Nathan Hale (since he was pretty much hanged right after the Fire and I guess his famous line can be rewritten as "I regret I have but one life to give to my Order"), Johann Rall (he died at Trenton), and I guess you can throw in that Hessian guy from multiplayer (make him Rall's bodyguard) as targets for the sequence. It'd build up the relationship between Connor and Washington, so the betrayal would have greater impact. I'd place this sequence after the scene where Connor and Achilles have their argument over telling Washington about the Templars (originally from Sequence 9) and by the end give the reason why Connor didn't tell Washington since I felt that was poorly handled in the original game.

I'd like to see more missions in the storyline where Connor and Haytham are together, because as the dearly departed Assassin_M once said, their interactions brought out some of the best aspects of their characters. The game also should be rewritten slightly so Connor's inner struggle following his split with Washington is touched upon and resolved better than the original game did it.

Also maybe add a scene for Connor where he meets Benjamin Franklin so at least we have a reason for him to be chasing after the Almanac pages, as well as a scene where that poor dude gets his pages back - seriously I think Haytham and Connor just took them and never gave them back.

if AC1 gets remade, I wonder if they'll keep Philip Shahbaz's (#theoriginalassassin on Twitter before his account was suspended for some reason) voice, or just have Cas Anvar (originally #IAmAltair now just #Altair on Twitter) rerecord the lines.

Yeah, the Great Fire would go between sequences 7 and 8 which would allow for a far more interesting entrance to New York than the land of linear missions that don't really give you a great first impression of New York (It could be something among the lines of the plan to hunt down Hickey goes sidways entirely because of the fire), and then Trenton after Sequence 8. It would easily make the connection between Connor and Washington stronger, plus it'd make Connor's sudden friendship with Lafayette that we see in Sequence 9 much less sudden. And for the Haytham-Connor stuff, things as simple as adding Connor finding Haytham's diary and adding Haytham's last words (that Adrian Hough kindly narrated in one of Loomer's podcasts) would add a lot to it.

And I agree, it still feels as if they rudely took those pages and proceeded to ignore him. But yeah, it never made much sense that Connor kept the hunt for the almanac pages when there was no reason for him to do so. I guess he figured after that failure at recreating Da Vinci's machine that paper airplanes would be a more fun alternative.

(also, I'm having a bit of a hard time telling because of my screen but is your current avatar Kira from DiU?)

I-Like-Pie45
09-25-2016, 03:55 AM
(also, I'm having a bit of a hard time telling because of my screen but is your current avatar Kira from DiU?)

its Duwang Kira

It was originally the finger licking Kira but I switched it since it might not have been the most forum appropriate

The Great Fire would probably have to be placed after Sequence 8 though, since Hickey died in the summer of 1776 while the fire happened afterwards in September in history. I'm thinking that Sequence 8 would have to be severely redesigned, so that it doesn't feel like its railroading you like it did in the original AC3.

I'm also thinking of ways they could better integrate the historical figures they had in AC3 for a remake, so they don't feel like they're being brought in and then dropped abruptly.

Benjamin Tallmadge in the original AC3 was a character that they could've done a lot more with, given that they made him son of an Assassin. In a theoretical AC3 remake, maybe his Culper Ring can serve as intel allies for the Assassins up to the point where Connor and Washington have their split. The Benedict Arnold missions can also be rewritten so that the teamwork of the Assassins and Tallmadge's spy ring are what brings down Arnold's plot.

Israel Putnam - he could probably be used once more in build-up to the Great Fire sequence, where Connor helps the Patriot Army escape following their defeat at New York. Afterwards, he could probably be sent off "happily" into his future like Stede Bonnet was in AC4.

Samuel Adams - I dunno what he actually could do in the main story following his last appearance, but I guess since he (or Lafayette) was the closest Connor had to a Leonardo/Blackbeard-type buddy in the game, maybe he can have an Epilogue chat added.

Lafayette - have him show up in the Epilogue as an optional convo. He can ask Connor if he would like to take him up on his trip to France offer now, but Connor declines to do so at the current moment because of his duties of rebuilding the new Assassin Brotherhood.

Paul Revere - push him off a deep cliff, never to be seen again.

Dunno what can be done with people who were really just there, like John Handcock.

And also a AC3 remake should have naval freeroam, since I'm pretty sure that also was one of the planned but cut things.

ajl2017
09-25-2016, 10:28 AM
I think the expectations are way too unrealistic in this thread so far. Why would they essentially remake assassins creed 3 with so many changes, rebuilding existing sequences and so many extra things, almost making the game from scratch. At that point it would be better for them to use that time and resources to make a new game with connor to conclude his story. I would love to hear the opinion of some of the developers in this community to find out how hard some of these suggestions are to do as opposed to just making a new game which I would think would be simpler from a planning perspective due to having a clean slate.

Also I do not see them bothering with bloodlines at all. it was a small side game although it would be awesome for it to be remade as a full game, if its just a remaster of the psp game I won't touch it, I would just continue playing it on psp. Also people saying to make ac1 in unity graphics which would be awesome but again that is would not be a remaster and I would want them to use that time rebuilding the game from scratch to just make a new game of altair with a new story. Here is what i think would be possible and be awesome:

- remaster of AC1 to release in august/september 2017.
- the game will be in the original ac1-acr engine
- however it will be remastered to the graphical level of acr, look at the altair sequences and imagine the entire game at that visual level.
- this will be feasible as they can continue all in one engine and it will be a HUGE leap for graphics while also adding additions on the way.
- add new cutscenes and redo the voice to be altair's acr voice.
- add new side missions spread across the kingdom and cities to make city more alive.
- make changes to NPC's to have them behave like in acr.
- make a small change to story missions, make each 'investigation' mission an actual mission with cutscenes etc but the overall game will have the same structure of investigation and assassination, this will keep the core structure but will add variety.
- add the sequence from acr of altair saving al mualim and have a scene with him becoming a master assassin after that.
- add the sequence in acr which takes place right after ac1, add a scene right after that with altair becoming the mentor and end the game there, perfect ending for the story.
- add ac2-r climbing system which was faster but keep ac1's fight system.
- take out modern day and have cutscenes with bishops simply collecting data to complete a database of altairs life for the assassin's, this can make the game a complete story of altair and saves dev time on modern day sections.

This is what I think will be feasible to happen but no less awesome! If this releases in august september I see empire releasing in march 2018 with an announcement event in september to make it a huge event and hype it up.

I would love to hear a developers thoughts on this though, please educate us on the process and what is 'possible' from realistic expectations.

ERICATHERINE
09-25-2016, 11:26 PM
Well, only a couple of days have passed and it seems the big majority of the people having voted in the poll would have preffered a Desmond collection instead of an Ezio collection. Too bad ubisoft didn't make the people intersted in the remakes vote for the collection they would prefer to be able to buy, before actually deciding themselves which remakes to do.

Oh well. ^-^

From memory

God of War Chain of Olympus PSP -> PS3
God of War Ghost of Sparta PSP -> PS3
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker PSP -> PS3/360
Final Fantasy Type 0 PSP -> PS4
Final Fantasy III Remake DS -> PC
Final Fantasy IV Remake DS -> PC
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep PSP -> PS3
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance 3DS -> PS4
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories PSP -> PS2
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories PSP -> PS2
Resident Evil Revelations 3DS -> PS3/360/WiiU/PC
Monster Hunter 3rd Portable PSP -> PS3
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce PSP -> PS3/360
Gravity Rush Vita -> PS4
Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate 3DS/Vita -> PS3/360/WiiU/PC
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate 3DS -> PS3/360/PC

And I'm sure there are others.

Yeah, it's less common than games from previous generations but it does happen occasionally, so I don't think is entirely impossible, but is definitely very unlikely since I doubt Ubisoft would see much value in doing it.

I know there isn't a big chance they will do it, but like ze said, it's possible, so I will continu to hope. ^-^

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-25-2016, 11:44 PM

Very good points! And I would love to see Shahbaz back. the ORIGINAL Altair :p

ERICATHERINE
09-26-2016, 12:16 AM
- take out modern day and have cutscenes with bishops simply collecting data to complete a database of altairs life for the assassin's, this can make the game a complete story of altair and saves dev time on modern day sections.

God please no. If I would have the choice between that and the ac 1 md we have now, I would choose the 2nd choice without any hesitation.

Appart from that, even if I should say I would adore many ideas that everyone puted on thread so far, I must say that I think like ajl on the point that these ideas can't happen.

That is, not at the same time, at least. Some of those idea could happen without being impossible. Take the social event for exemple. They sort of started it in the thyrranny of king Washington dlc. They just didn't add it in the main game.

One of my ideas, could also be possible, in ac 3. My idea is for the remake to have the same felony system in the frontier than the one we aready have in Boston and New York. That would mean to put places with town crier, poster of us on houses and trees and maybe, like one printer in, lets say, one of the two towns in the middle which, when used, will work for every part of the frontier. ^-^