PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Upcoming Global Maintenance Sept. 26th [COMPLETE]

mattshotcha
09-23-2016, 03:54 PM
Agents, maintenance incoming.

Ubisoft will be holding a global maintenance (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1497975-Upcoming-maintenance-Sept-26th-7am-until-12pm-UTC-impacting-online-services?) on Sept. 26th from 7am until 12pm UTC which will impact all online features and services.

Thank you for your patience.

KungFooCat
09-24-2016, 04:29 PM
17 hours?

rasselz
09-24-2016, 05:38 PM
Some details would be nice.

Leiywen
09-24-2016, 08:35 PM
17 hours?

12pm is midday numnuts! So 5hrs.

Node_OMG
09-26-2016, 06:11 AM
WTF is UTC .... FFS I wish these guys would get their act together and use GMT so everyone can understand !

Harledir
09-26-2016, 06:20 AM
WTF is UTC .... FFS I wish these guys would get their act together and use GMT so everyone can understand !

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=convert+utc+in+my+local+time

Yzerman680
09-26-2016, 06:36 AM
Well done I got to say first you go out with PTS open 7am UTC which is 9am swedish time and then no preload of the 45GB plus client and on top of all an 5 hours global maintenance closing down all online Services the same time which means noone can download the client untill 2pm swedish time or 12pm UTC if u like that better now how long will it take to download this and why ruin a whole day for the public instead of having this done last night instead? I just wonder what you guys think with?????

SirPhoenixKnite
09-26-2016, 06:59 AM
Well done I got to say first you go out with PTS open 7am UTC which is 9am swedish time and then no preload of the 45GB plus client and on top of all an 5 hours global maintenance closing down all online Services the same time which means noone can download the client untill 2pm swedish time or 12pm UTC if u like that better now how long will it take to download this and why ruin a whole day for the public instead of having this done last night instead? I just wonder what you guys think with?????

dude just copy and paste your division folder into the PTS folder and let the game download the difference..

Node_OMG
09-26-2016, 07:17 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=convert+utc+in+my+local+time

SO UTC is GMT .... My God ....

Junker-SWE-
09-26-2016, 07:23 AM
dude just copy and paste your division folder into the PTS folder and let the game download the difference..

A quick question... Im on Uplay, not steam... not sure that I can choose directory...
What is the name of the directory for the PTS so I get it right.

thx

Exodus1028
09-26-2016, 07:30 AM
awesome, having late shift this week.
was happy when PTS launch was announced. allowed me take a look at it without any ruffle.

now this gets delayed until exactly when I have to leave for work.

just awesome, I'm always that "lucky" /sigh

SirPhoenixKnite
09-26-2016, 07:31 AM
A quick question... Im on Uplay, not steam... not sure that I can choose directory...
What is the name of the directory for the PTS so I get it right.

thx

wont know till it creates it for me but for steam it should be in your steam folder. let you know when i find it when it releases myself.

eat_shot
09-26-2016, 07:31 AM
is the PTS going to pop up in my Uplay after the maintenance ? because its nowhere to be found in my uplay :/ (not in games folder / free games and shop)

Junker-SWE-
09-26-2016, 07:33 AM
wont know till it creates it for me but for steam it should be in your steam folder. let you know when i find it when it releases myself.

thx... will do the same if I find it out... :)

Junker-SWE-
09-26-2016, 07:34 AM
is the PTS going to pop up in my Uplay after the maintenance ? because its nowhere to be found in my uplay :/ (not in games folder / free games and shop)

yeah... its supposed to turn up in the list of games in Uplay... dont see it either... feels like we are on a bed of nails here :)

eat_shot
09-26-2016, 07:57 AM
Do I have to download the game again to access the PTS?
Yes, the PTS is a different product and you will need to download the entire game client again.

Where do I download the game client?
The PTS version will directly appear in your Games on Uplay and Library on Steam. From here, you can download and install it as a normal game.

so why don't you guy's just put the PTS in the folder already ? so we can start downloading already and hit the PTS as soon as the maintenance is done.

SirPhoenixKnite
09-26-2016, 08:13 AM
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=PTS+Public+launch&iso=20160926T09&p1=293&ah=1&am=30 should have launched 10 minutes ago and still nothing. if the download does'nt show up till after maintenance in 5 hours time it aint a 9am realease. its a 2pm release and i hate to see how long it takes for some ppl to download it as well it will be week 2 PTS by then XD

SkyNet....
09-26-2016, 08:22 AM
I just think it would've been nice to have had an actual posting from the Dev's regarding how the Global Maintenance is definitely affecting the PTS roll out and when we will be able to fully D/L it today.

AK_8100
09-26-2016, 08:24 AM

Try to type : " 7am UT " on GOOGLE

https://www.google.ch/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=7am+UTC

Junker-SWE-
09-26-2016, 08:26 AM
I just think it would've been nice to have had an actual posting from the Dev's regarding how the Global Maintenance is definitely affecting the PTS roll out and when we will be able to fully D/L it today.

Yeah.. and/or a more detailed information regarging how the day is supposed to play out. When it is supposed to be released and how one should do in the case it doesnt show up. But... well just have to wait I guess.

Node_OMG
09-26-2016, 08:31 AM
Unbelievable ....
Still no maintenance , no notice in game and no countdown....
These guys are just puling our leg saying they want to fix things ...

Segadorn
09-26-2016, 08:32 AM
Seriously, i am amazed of the ingenuity of some people. Those devs are the same ones who screwed this game and needed 6 months to realize it and you are expecting from those people competence... Amusing.

j0sj
09-26-2016, 08:36 AM
This is UBISOFT having a global maintenance on its online services. Massive has nothing to do with that.

Exodus1028
09-26-2016, 08:44 AM
This is UBISOFT having a global maintenance on its online services. Massive has nothing to do with that.

yeah, you think massive handles the services that unlock stuff in the uplay client? I dont think so.

the dead silence here or on things like twitter is kinda telling me that something got screwed up here.

MisterKovic
09-26-2016, 08:57 AM

Does that acutally work?

LuigiLogik
09-26-2016, 09:11 AM
does this work, what's the exact name of the PTS folder?

TG24915193
09-26-2016, 09:17 AM
I would say unbelievable but this is just standard practice for UBIFAIL

A Global Maintenance on the day and time of Massives PTS launch. Idiots.

janonol
09-26-2016, 09:31 AM
The timing for this is abominable.

with such a high profile thing as the PTS coming out, with EVERYONE's hopes pinned on it helping turn this game around (supposedly the best selling game of the year, and consequently the gighest profile potential fail of the year if this all flops), you'd think Ubisoft would be a little more insightful and time things a little better.

MichaelKnightro
09-26-2016, 09:36 AM
Maybe the maintenance is needed for the PTS to be able to launch? I don't know...

rch222
09-26-2016, 09:37 AM
This

rch222
09-26-2016, 09:38 AM
Seriously, i am amazed of the ingenuity of some people. Those devs are the same ones who screwed this game and needed 6 months to realize it and you are expecting from those people competence... Amusing.

This *

tmPH.Code16
09-26-2016, 09:41 AM

THIS! I'll try this later. Maybe it will work as the patch will still download some files that was already with the game. This should lower the overall download size of PTS.

HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!

tmPH.Code16
09-26-2016, 10:00 AM

Developers are not always perfect and tend to do mistakes, mistakes that they already learned and now they are offering the solution to fix the problems caused by the game. Not every games are always perfect and all gamers accept that reality. I'm also a developer (software) and i also took months before i realize how to fix my own problem. If you like the game, you should do your part as a tester and help the community to talk with the developers, and not always whine to mistakes.

"Humans always remember the mistake you have done, but not the contribution you given to them"
-Anonymous

eat_shot
09-26-2016, 10:00 AM
Hey, as Brave2_0 stated, there is a global Ubisoft maintenance that might impact online services on going right now. We will have news soon regarding the exact time the PTS goes live!

/gabelikes

Hey, please refrain from insulting other members.

As others have mentioned, there is an on going Ubisoft maintenance that may impact your experience with online services, aka the PTS. As this maintenance will impact the PTS and could affect peoples ability to connect and have a more stable experience, bringing up the servers now wouldn't be ideal.

There will be an announcement on the exact launch time soon.

/gabelikes

they responded on some of the posts

Node_OMG
09-26-2016, 10:10 AM
they responded on some of the posts

Just not the one that announces the outage hahahaha .....

KungFooCat
09-26-2016, 10:19 AM
12pm is midday numnuts! So 5hrs.

PM is post meridiem

The 12-hour clock is a time convention in which the 24 hours of the day are divided into two periods: a.m. (from the Latin, ante meridiem, meaning before midday) and p.m. (post meridiem, meaning after midday).
Numbnut

Galant_DK
09-26-2016, 10:25 AM
wow really Might be another 3 hours of waiting ... this is simply amazing...

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame

Node_OMG
09-26-2016, 10:53 AM
Mmmmm that's 10pm Aust East Coast time .... Then you have the download ....

SirTexasSir
09-26-2016, 10:59 AM
SO UTC is GMT .... My God ....

Which is also known to us military folks as ZULU TIME. Yah I think it's funny how many folks don't even have a clue what GMT/UTC/ZULU time is and why it's used in a many applications.

DisturbedJim83
09-26-2016, 11:54 AM
With all due respect that's not the main thrust of his point which was ham fisted management and poor schedule planning

Black.Bart.
09-26-2016, 12:12 PM
Less than one hour left now :)

Ubi-gabelikes
09-26-2016, 12:17 PM
Hey everyone, the maintenance has been complete! The PTS is expected to go live in about 45 minutes.

Source: https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/780335512951328776

/gabelikes

tsv-strife
09-26-2016, 12:30 PM
Why not letting people already download the PTS? It's 45 GByte in size after all, for most people it'll take atleast 2hrs+ before they can try it.

Adonnay
09-26-2016, 12:34 PM
*Sigh* Some guys are really either delusional, entitled, ignorant or all of it. It's a PTS guys, it's not like a gobal launch or anything. There is no need for a pre-load for a PTS, you don't lose anything if you start later than others because you couldn't pre-load. Calm down and download it when it's available... jeez. Such a toxic community (at least here in the forums).

I bet these are the same guys that complain about bugs on the PTS.

SirTexasSir
09-26-2016, 12:34 PM
yeah... its supposed to turn up in the list of games in Uplay... dont see it either... feels like we are on a bed of nails here :)

Not showing for me either. I even shut down and restart my app.

SirTexasSir
09-26-2016, 12:36 PM
Hey everyone, the maintenance has been complete! The PTS is expected to go live in about 45 minutes.

Source: https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/780335512951328776

/gabelikes

OK coll this why i"m not seeing it. I figured it was going to pop up around the end of the down time.

Junker-SWE-
09-26-2016, 12:52 PM
ok guys. Im gonna do like this to save time (hopefully) ... i have copied over the whole game to another catalogue in my games directory. When the PTS goes live im gonna install it into that dir.
The directorys name in the installation is plan and simple "Tom Clancy's The Division PTS". Hope that works. The name is confirmed from my friend whos accually already got access since thursday. Do what you want but im gonna try this. :)

LuigiLogik
09-26-2016, 08:18 PM

This actually worked for me (not 100% verified yet), copied the game folder into a folder I called Tom Clancy's The Division PTS last night hoping it might sneakily pick it up and give me earlier access but it didn't) , then this morning went to download the PTS , it uses the same folder and picked up that a lot of the files it needed where there (it said it was checking files) and started the download at 30GB/36GB It's still downloading now so I won't know till I get back from work if it'll run or I'll have to re-download everything, but as an experiment it's worth the shot. who knows? may even be able to start with my current character.

LuigiLogik
09-26-2016, 08:29 PM
This actually worked for me (not 100% verified yet), copied the game folder into a folder I called Tom Clancy's The Division PTS last night hoping it might sneakily pick it up and give me earlier access but it didn't) , then this morning went to download the PTS , it uses the same folder and picked up that a lot of the files it needed where there (it said it was checking files) and started the download at 30GB/36GB It's still downloading now so I won't know till I get back from work if it'll run or I'll have to re-download everything, but as an experiment it's worth the shot. who knows? may even be able to start with my current character.

well it booted up at 33GB but it's still installing Manhattan , so I probably will have to wait till later to actually get in the game, but looks like this worked, picked language and brightness settings. so it's not a corrupt installation

LuigiLogik
09-26-2016, 08:42 PM
I got in... queue (position: 259!) ya'll really want me to go to work Ubi! I already bought the season pass what do you care? haha all good anyway can pretty much confirm the whole save time by copying the full games files over to PTS folder thing works. it won't save time on the queue though

USNS.Ops
09-27-2016, 02:57 AM
You asked, "I just wonder what you guys think with????" Maybe they DON'T, think that is. It sure seems to me these guys are going over the cliff. I hate to say this, I NEVER talk like this, "I have never seen such stupidity when it comes to managing a game."

USNS.Ops
09-27-2016, 02:59 AM
Well it would be NICE if Ubisoft or Massive would TALK more and give their gamers SOME ADVICE..........

USNS.Ops
09-27-2016, 03:26 AM
The answer as I have seen and read it NO it will not POPUP, you must FIND it and download it yourself! It is now like 20 hours since it was SUPPOSED to be released and I still cannot find it!

MAYBE it is not even available YET at 4:30 AM UTC time THE NEXT DAY Sept 27th in Sweden???

USNS.Ops
09-27-2016, 03:29 AM
Ha ha, ISN'T THAT what they are supposed to do, REPORT BUGS??