PDA

View Full Version : Reboot or Same Continuity for AC: Empire

M4ke_Off
09-23-2016, 08:02 AM
So me and my friends were talking about "Assassins Creed:Empire" and how Ubisoft said it will revolutionize the IP

do you guys think they might Reboot the whole storyline or will it still remain in the continuity?

RinoTheBouncer
09-23-2016, 09:36 AM
I think it's a reboot for the gameplay style and atmosphere, not the story. Because they said even the film is canon and in the same universe. And I would actually hate to see the whole Juno story and progress we've made since AC1 gets scrapped and called "old AC" vs "new AC".

They have many ways to have a fresh start without scrapping everything they've made so far. And they can totally change the type of gameplay, settings and art direction. That would be great.

Radman500
09-23-2016, 07:32 PM
I think it's a reboot for the gameplay style and atmosphere, not the story. Because they said even the film is canon and in the same universe. And I would actually hate to see the whole Juno story and progress we've made since AC1 gets scrapped and called "old AC" vs "new AC".

They have many ways to have a fresh start without scrapping everything they've made so far. And they can totally change the type of gameplay, settings and art direction. That would be great.

That's what i think as well....Ubisoft spend so many years building up the lore, that i highly doubt they will do a reboot

I see AC:Empire being a "soft reboot" kind of like the new God of War......a complete re-imagining of the gameplay, but it still maintains continuity

plus like you mention with the film coming out thats considered canon and the Juno threads still lingering it would seem quite odd to see a complete reboot

Civona
09-23-2016, 08:23 PM
A series that isnt bound to a single person or point in time doesn't really need to reboot. They could easily do the Italian renaissance again with a different character and a few different cities at a slightly different time. Especially since they're going so far back in this next game, there's just really no need to abandon the framework.

cawatrooper9
09-23-2016, 08:35 PM
A series that isnt bound to a single person or point in time doesn't really need to reboot. They could easily do the Italian renaissance again with a different character and a few different cities at a slightly different time. Especially since they're going so far back in this next game, there's just really no need to abandon the framework.

I think in this case, the reboot would refer to the MD stuff.

But yeah, we don't need a reboot- we just need to start getting good content again.