PDA

View Full Version : Yves Guillemot Says Next Assassin's Creed May Or May Not Come In 2017

RinoTheBouncer
09-22-2016, 09:21 PM
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot states that there may not be an Assassin's Creed game in 2017, in interview with Gamespot! http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-on-vivendi-takeover-threat-reinventing-***/1100-6443817/

Namikaze_17
09-22-2016, 09:38 PM
No AC in 2017?http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/leon.png

Empire could be a legit thing.

SixKeys
09-22-2016, 09:43 PM
I still expect it to come out in 2017. This kind of dancing around rumors and speculation is typical for Ubisoft. Still interesting that he said it, though.

cawatrooper9
09-22-2016, 09:50 PM
My guess is that they want to make it sound like they don't have a timeline in mind, and instead are focusing on quality. Maybe that's pessimistic of me, but whatever.

Sorrosyss
09-22-2016, 09:56 PM
*loses mind*

:p

I'm leaning towards PR spin too. Interesting to hear though. If Vivendi takes over, that would probably change...

BananaBlighter
09-22-2016, 10:49 PM
Interesting. I'm starting to get very excited for Empire now, even though that was the whole point of his comment.

ShoryukenMan
09-22-2016, 11:01 PM
Well, if true, then I don't mind too much. I'll be delving into the Ezio Collection this year, which means I'm going to have to have an AC marathon. I can't just start with AC2. Gotta start with the first game and then probably end with Rogue. So, I'll have my AC fix for this year.

Hopefully that means that we'll get another collection next year. And this time I hope it will have more effort put into it.

They'll call it: Assassin's Creed: The "other guys" Collection.

ERICATHERINE
09-22-2016, 11:01 PM
Well, would you look at that. It seems there is a chance we get a 6th ac game in 2016, after all. :rolleyes: :p

LoyalACFan
09-22-2016, 11:02 PM
Non-story IMO. He doesn't want to outright confirm the leaks, but taking two years off (especially on the heels of a tie-in movie release) would be pretty illogical. Plus, if this started preproduction right after AC4, that would be a FIVE year dev cycle, which is actually a bit much for an existing IP TBH.

ERICATHERINE
09-22-2016, 11:04 PM
Well, if true, then I don't mind too much. I'll be delving into the Ezio Collection this year, which means I'm going to have to have an AC marathon. I can't just start with AC2. Gotta start with the first game and then probably end with Rogue. So, I'll have my AC fix for this year.

Hopefully that means that we'll get another collection next year. And this time I hope it will have more effort put into it.

I would prefer the America collection. Also you forgot Aveline is a girl. :rolleyes:

BananaBlighter
09-22-2016, 11:14 PM

Actually you raise a good point. Hopefully they will come out with an American Saga remaster. Though we might also get an AC1 remake or something as it will be the series' 10 year anniversary.

ShoryukenMan
09-22-2016, 11:16 PM
Well, I usually use the term "guys" for girls as well. For instance, when I walk into a room with a bunch of guys and girls and say, "what's up, guys," I'm referring to everyone.

That said, I was just making a joke because in the grand scheme of things, the "other guys," aren't as beloved as Ezio. Even though I do like Altair, Connor, and Edward. The Aveline game, I could take or leave. I wouldn't really be bothered if they didn't add her game into a potential "America Collection." If they did do it, I only see AC3, IV, and Rogue being in it.

LoyalACFan
09-22-2016, 11:24 PM
Actually you raise a good point. Hopefully they will come out with an American Saga remaster. Though we might also get an AC1 remake or something as it will be the series' 10 year anniversary.

Please no. The American games don't need remasters (well, AC3 does, but not the halfhearted reskin type of remaster that Ezio is getting). Plus, AC4 is already on current gen, for chrissakes.

ShoryukenMan
09-22-2016, 11:37 PM
I'd buy it. I'm a sucker for having everything in one package. And if not everything, then multiple things in one package. But, I'd wait for reviews because it seems like quite a few of these remasters are having frame rate issues.

ERICATHERINE
09-23-2016, 02:46 AM
Well, I usually use the term "guys" for girls as well. For instance, when I walk into a room with a bunch of guys and girls and say, "what's up, guys," I'm referring to everyone.

That said, I was just making a joke because in the grand scheme of things, the "other guys," aren't as beloved as Ezio. Even though I do like Altair, Connor, and Edward. The Aveline game, I could take or leave. I wouldn't really be bothered if they didn't add her game into a potential "America Collection."

Yea I already knew you were jocking. I was just jocking about your joke. XD

As for the guys thing, we do the same thing in french, when both sex are mentioned or when we don't know the sex in situations like "...that person was eating...", but I'm not here to do a school class, so I'll stop talking about it. ^-^

If they did do it, I only see AC3, IV, and Rogue being in it.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Ac 3 and rogue would surely be in it, but ac iv already have a ps4 version, so I doubt ubisoft will actually do a remake for that game sooner than ac liberation hd, which have never been on ps4. ^-^

kosmoscreed
09-23-2016, 04:46 AM
Hard to believe, they need an AAA game for the last part of the year, but is good they don't have a hard date set, take as long as is needed, AC needs to be great again.

Sigma 1313
09-23-2016, 05:14 AM
I don't believe it for a moment. It's Ubisoft. They say no assassin's creed this year but are releasing multiple books, comics, 2 platforming games, Ezio Collection, and a movie. They say in 2014 that they will delay any game as long as they need to to make the game perfect at launch and release Unity (after a delay) in the buggy state it was. This is a pr stunt to make it seem like they're listening. In the end, they'll release Empire next year because it's one of their top sellers.

TJ_Wylde
09-23-2016, 05:55 AM
You know. I'm not going to be a skeptic and believe Yves. Maybe because of want to idk. But to me this is the best way to develop a new game. No pre-set timelines. No pre-announced release date that you might have to push back because it's not ready. Or a release date that makes the studio rush to make a deadline that should never have been.

Nope. This idea of "it's ready when it's ready" is really the best way to create a game. And offers the possibility to create a great game as well. So i'm going to be hopeful. Hopeful that Yves is honest. And especially hopeful that he gets the extra 3.5% shares so Vivendi can't take over Ubi and (possibly) destroy something i've enjoyed for 23 years now.

Ps. to those saying they wouldn't release any AC game this year. They said (if i remember right) that they wouldn't release a new AC game this year. Which is something they still uphold as i don't really see the remastered collection (which i did pre-purchase yes) as a "new" game release.

ShoryukenMan
09-23-2016, 06:17 AM
Maybe, but I doubt it. Ac 3 and rogue would surely be in it, but ac iv already have a ps4 version, so I doubt ubisoft will actually do a remake for that game sooner than ac liberation hd, which have never been on ps4. ^-^

Perhaps, but the collection would feel incomplete (imo) if it were just AC3, and Rogue. I could totally see them throwing in Black Flag, maybe on a second disc with all the dlc and patches as well as community challenge costumes. Other than that, it would literally just be the same game just with everything included. Or not... I already have Black flag for 360 and Ps4, so if they don't include it, I'd be ok with that. But, as I said, it would feel like an incomplete package.

Hmmm... Maybe instead of putting ACIV in it, they should put in AC1? I know it wouldn't make much sense to put it in a potential America collection, but it would be odd just leaving it out. Unless they plan on completely remaking that game in the near future, that is.

@kosmoscreed: There's always Splinter Cell they could release next year. That could be their big AAA holiday release. The last Splinter Cell was released in 2013, so you never know. Not to mention they'll have Ghost Recon Wild Lands next year as well. And possibly another AC collection. We'll just have to wait and see.

m4r-k7
09-23-2016, 11:49 AM
I know this is probably PR stuff and that they do have a release date set for 2017 (The fact that Ezio collection is releasing this year and not next), but I am loving what I am hearing - The fact that they finally recognise that the series hasn't really been on the right track recently, and I love that they recognise that giving a game as large as AC additional development time and scrapping the annual cycle (which other companies haven't really done yet) is an idea that is in the best interests of the game itself.

My heart would cry if AC Empire didn't come out in 2017 as I have wanted a game set in Egypt (especially during the "Ancient" period) ever since AC 2, but I would love it if they actually went even bolder and released it in 2018.

crusader_prophet
09-23-2016, 03:16 PM
Non-story IMO. He doesn't want to outright confirm the leaks, but taking two years off (especially on the heels of a tie-in movie release) would be pretty illogical. Plus, if this started preproduction right after AC4, that would be a FIVE year dev cycle, which is actually a bit much for an existing IP TBH.

Not really Mass Effect Andromeda has been in development since 2012, possibly late 2011.

Sushiglutton
09-23-2016, 03:51 PM
Don't know how much to read into this, but I hope it's indicative of a new attitude towards the franchise: "We are Ubisoft, we make the best games in the world and AC is our Crown Jewel!". that's what I want them to think :D. AC should be the Crème de la Crème!

If Empire has a great core then I wouldn't mind faster iterations for a few years to follow.

Anyone knows where you can find a cheap cryo-chamber?

cawatrooper9
09-23-2016, 04:45 PM
I feel like it's almost a bad omen for the series if we don't get a game next year. A two year gap between games has been the longest we've ever seen since the start (AC1-AC2). Anything longer is really gonna make it look like AC is losing its momentum.

BananaBlighter
09-23-2016, 04:50 PM
Please no. The American games don't need remasters (well, AC3 does, but not the halfhearted reskin type of remaster that Ezio is getting). Plus, AC4 is already on current gen, for chrissakes.

AC4 is on current gen, but not AC3, Rogue or Liberation, and if I'm to get rid of my Xbox 360 I'd want to have the whole AC collection on my PS4. Of course I'm disappointed with the Ezio Collection, but I'll still be getting it. I don't want it for the graphics as much as I do for simply wanting all the games on one system and all their progress and achievements on one account.

pacmanate
09-23-2016, 05:19 PM
Thank God.

Him saying this means we will get at least a 4-5 year development AC game. AC has been at the same quality for too many years now, whats let it down is the open world template, littered collectibles, and story writing not being on point.

Yves saying they are reinventing the Open World template makes me happy.

Delay AC as long as you want, just give me something to be proud to be an AC fan again.

Also this is pretty viable to take AC off for ages, they have loads of AAA franchises:

1. Watch Dogs
2. Splinter Cell
3. Division + Wildlands (Could easily alternate)
4. Steep
5. Just Dance
6. Rayman
7. AC Mobile
8. AC Console/PC games

They have more than enough franchises to rotate to continue gaining revenue.

pacmanate
09-23-2016, 05:22 PM
I feel like it's almost a bad omen for the series if we don't get a game next year. A two year gap between games has been the longest we've ever seen since the start (AC1-AC2). Anything longer is really gonna make it look like AC is losing its momentum.

No it won't. Not if AC comes out and does an AC2 or bigger.

Civona
09-23-2016, 08:14 PM
I think ubisoft is definitely interested in having a well received assassins creed game come out in 2017, but i don't think it's PR talk at all that they want to make sure it'll really impress people before they put it out. The only games in the series that have really gotten critical praise were the ones that were kinda unambitious and safe in most respects. ac2, brotherhood, black flag, syndicate. I think they realize they need to give themselves as many advantages as possible if they want to get people behind a game that really takes advantage of AC's premise rather than mostly being a completionist fantasy.

One thing all those games i listed had in common was they made everything super easy: enemies stopped hearing footsteps, detected slower, easier combat, all of which resulted in most players having an easier time getting through the game and in many cases liking it more because of that. Perhaps for Empire they're taking the time to build the game for more than one difficulty mode? So challenge can exist without alienating anyone?

cawatrooper9
09-23-2016, 08:36 PM
No it won't. Not if AC comes out and does an AC2 or bigger.

Well yeah, it could come back and be great. I'd love that.

I just don't want to see Ubisoft pull a Duke Nukem and make us wait a decade for an awful game.

Rugterwyper32
09-23-2016, 09:01 PM
Well yeah, it could come back and be great. I'd love that.

I just don't want to see Ubisoft pull a Duke Nukem and make us wait a decade for an awful game.

Yeah, my worry with delays still lies in a mix of Duke Nukem Foreve and Starcraft Ghost. And I honestly wouldn't want either of those scenarios. I will forever remain bitter about Starcraft Ghost. Or it could end up like Eternal Darkness did back in the day. Remember how that was planned for the N64? Man, that was a good game.
And then there's games that are driving me mad because of the ridiculous wait thanks to delays like The Last Guardian and Zelda Breath of the Wild, even though they look great. It does take a certain level of willpower to keep my hype up, and Zelda only has that because that series has yet to fail me. Patience is not one of my strong suits as it is, though, so there's that too.

Dieinthedark
09-23-2016, 10:23 PM
Thank God.

Him saying this means we will get at least a 4-5 year development AC game. AC has been at the same quality for too many years now, whats let it down is the open world template, littered collectibles, and story writing not being on point.

Yves saying they are reinventing the Open World template makes me happy.

Delay AC as long as you want, just give me something to be proud to be an AC fan again.

Also this is pretty viable to take AC off for ages, they have loads of AAA franchises:

1. Watch Dogs
2. Splinter Cell
3. Division + Wildlands (Could easily alternate)
4. Steep
5. Just Dance
6. Rayman
7. AC Mobile
8. AC Console/PC games

They have more than enough franchises to rotate to continue gaining revenue.

As a huge fan of Splinter Cell, I must respectively disagree. SC will never reach the AAA market/sales that Ubi wants. It's genre is far too niche for broad appeal. But with the direction of the last two games, they may just reinvent SC to have broad appeal.

SixKeys
09-23-2016, 11:00 PM

AC is losing momentum. It has been for several years. They need to take however long they need to create a truly spectacular game or the franchise is going to die soon. The same has happened to other big franchises that later came back with renewed vigor. Tomb Raider was pretty much dead until the reboot in 2012 breathed some new life into a stale formula.

ERICATHERINE
09-23-2016, 11:21 PM
Perhaps, but the collection would feel incomplete (imo) if it were just AC3, and Rogue. I could totally see them throwing in Black Flag, maybe on a second disc with all the dlc and patches as well as community challenge costumes. Other than that, it would literally just be the same game just with everything included. Or not... I already have Black flag for 360 and Ps4, so if they don't include it, I'd be ok with that. But, as I said, it would feel like an incomplete package.

Hmmm... Maybe instead of putting ACIV in it, they should put in AC1? I know it wouldn't make much sense to put it in a potential America collection, but it would be odd just leaving it out. Unless they plan on completely remaking that game in the near future, that is.

Or they could just (the America collection), sell together, with all there dlc, ac 3, rogue and liberation hd.

As for ac 1 they could release it together with a remaster of ac bloodlines. They could call this the Altair dual pack.

Thing is, I never played ac bloodlines, since it's on psp and I would really like to. I also think it would make way more sense to do that than releasing ac 1, 3 and rogue together. ^-^

ze_topazio
09-24-2016, 03:16 AM
reinventing the Open World template

Are they going to then use that template in every freaking open world IP they own? like they did with the AC template.

I would prefer if each of their IPs felt unique.

SixKeys
09-24-2016, 03:30 AM

Are they going to then use that template in every freaking open world IP they own? like they did with the AC template.

Why change a winning formula? Are Rockstar's biggest games really all that different from each other when you scratch the surface? Or Square Enix? Bethesda? I mean, I certainly wouldn't be against more risk-taking and experimentation, but Ubi are hardly the only company reusing the same template game after game.

SpiritOfNevaeh
09-24-2016, 09:22 PM
Glad to see they're not rushing this one.

Hopefully when the game comes out, it will be... "seamless." :rolleyes:

But all joking aside, it looks like they want to take their time to get this one out, which is good. That way, if they do what they told us about learning from their past mistakes with the other games, I look forward to seeing the results of the long wait. :)

Sushiglutton
09-25-2016, 10:17 AM

According to reports they are trying to do that with WD2 (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/what-makes-watch-dogs-2-more-lighthearted-and-crea/1100-6443800/):

Watch Dogs 2 is more focused on creating emergent gameplay opportunities than its predecessor, which often laid out its activities like other open-world games Ubisoft has made in the past. Why was it necessary to step away from that previous open-world structure?

I think people want to consume an open world filled with creativity and curiosity. For us, exploring the world and finding stuff was really important. When you expose too much and have a set structure, you're not really finding stuff: you're just following the rules of the world. In Watch Dogs 2, when you walk into a room and open nethack, you can find stories, rewards, and guard zones; and all that really changes the way you consume the game. The game is not telling you what to do. You're actually finding what you want to do in the game, which is a really different approach for us.

Very interesting...........

ajl2017
09-25-2016, 10:32 AM
I think they will release Empire in feb/march 2018 with an ac1 remaster in august/september 2017 with farcry 5 being their big fall game to fill in that space. then the AC after will come out november 2019.

pacmanate
09-25-2016, 06:31 PM
AC 2019 would be too long, 2018 latest, although I think it could still come out 2017, Yves didn't say "no" to that, just said when it's ready.

Also highly doubt for any remasters after this Ezio collection botch of an Enhanced Edition

ajl2017
09-25-2016, 07:09 PM
AC 2019 would be too long, 2018 latest, although I think it could still come out 2017, Yves didn't say "no" to that, just said when it's ready.

Also highly doubt for any remasters after this Ezio collection botch of an Enhanced Edition

I think the only the game they will remaster is the original assassin's creed. they WILL do it, it is just a matter of when, even people who weren't a fan of it or people who hadn't played it will likely get it out of curiosity. And I think empire will come out between October 2017 - march 2018 but I still think it will be q1 2018 with fall 2019 for the game after it. They will move to an ac game every 18 months which I think will be the perfect length between games to act on feedback (as they have multiple teams I think 2 years is too long, I love that ac is annual but agree they need more time to act on feedback).

SixKeys
09-25-2016, 07:54 PM
I think the only the game they will remaster is the original assassin's creed. they WILL do it, it is just a matter of when, even people who weren't a fan of it or people who hadn't played it will likely get it out of curiosity.

What makes you so sure AC1 will get a remaster? Ubi have never remastered any of their other biggest hits, like the first Far Cry, PoP: Sands of Time or Beyond Good and Evil. (By remaster I assume you mean a major overhaul to the graphics and/or gameplay, not a mere facelift like the Ezio Collection.)

ajl2017
09-25-2016, 11:26 PM
What makes you so sure AC1 will get a remaster? Ubi have never remastered any of their other biggest hits, like the first Far Cry, PoP: Sands of Time or Beyond Good and Evil. (By remaster I assume you mean a major overhaul to the graphics and/or gameplay, not a mere facelift like the Ezio Collection.)

POP trilogy and beyond good and evil both got remasters for their next gen counter parts and the first farcry is no where near popular enough to warrant a remaster, from my understanding farcy did not get super popular until farcry 3. ac1 is still an overall popular game with flaws which can be fixed with a remaster. I think a lot of people in these forums are mixing up remake and remaster, ezio collection is a remaster, it is taking an existing game and adding improvements, though the term remaster has a whole wide spectrum of possibilities from the dishonored remaster to the master chief collection.

I except if they are just doing ac1 by itself they will make an event from it and push the graphics to the level of revelations while keeping the same core gameplay, so imagine the altair sections for ACR but for the entire game. Making it unity level of graphics requires it to be built from the ground up in a new engine and then it is a remake not a remaster. ac3, acro and liberation all are too recent and would not generate near to as much buzz as if an ac1 remaster was announced and unlike those ideas, an ac1 remaster is something I think the mainstream audience will welcome more because of how long it has been since it was released. I think it is inevitable, if they are going to do anymore remasters ac1 will get one, and only ac1.

RVSage
09-27-2016, 05:10 PM
Interesting to say the least, If they are building a new engine, for the game like Unity, will not be surprised if it gets delayed beyond 2017

pacmanate
09-27-2016, 08:13 PM

No remasters have had an overhaul to gameplay, that would make it a remake if it did.

Ezio Collection isn't even a remaster, its "Enhanced", which basically means not as good as a remaster, basically. So weird.

Anyway I agree with you, doubt we will have any remasters/enhance of AC1. It's a good game but has many flaws, however I like those flaws, it makes it what it is. An AC1 remake wouldn't be AC1 anymore if it had a major overhaul to gameplay.

Dieinthedark
09-27-2016, 08:14 PM
I highly doubt AC1 gets a remake or a remaster, even though it is my favorite of the series. Sure, people still play it but Ubi doesn't respect the original. So many people ripped into it that it would have to be completely redone, and they would probably try to make the game in the air of the current ones rather than just remaking it. I'd love a graphical overhaul but I just don't see it happening.

Zafar1981
09-28-2016, 10:05 AM
​I really love the statement " when its ready". Assassin's Creed was a brand which once compared with GTA but this annulisation stuff made this game an ordinary brand.

ERICATHERINE
09-28-2016, 11:19 AM
Too bad guys. It will be a md game where we will control Steven Hawkins. So no ac in Egypt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywl2Nu1XyMw

"cough" still better than the 4 last md "cough" XD

SixKeys
09-28-2016, 10:20 PM
No remasters have had an overhaul to gameplay, that would make it a remake if it did.

Oh yeah, the "overhaul" comment was more referring to graphics. When I said gameplay changes, I was thinking minor things like being able to replay AC2 memories or remove armor, stuff like that.

Megas_Doux
09-29-2016, 01:57 AM
​I really love the statement " when its ready". Assassin's Creed was a brand which once compared with GTA but this annulisation stuff made this game an ordinary brand.

The same was said about Unity, and you know what happened......

If anything, this could be GREAT news for the franchise; prompted by the low sales of Syndicate. The current state and momentum -if there's any- reminds me of Tomb Raider prior to the overhaul. The only difference being that TR had less bugs - although I'm looking at you, The Angel of Darkness-.

The gameplay felt super outdated comparing it to its rivals (Uncharted had been released the year before) subpar sales (Underworld holds the record as the TR with fewest sales) and the overall respect of the gaming world was gone

This franchise has a lot of potential, but it needs help!!! And even though skipping many years doesn't necessary mean everything will be fixed, rushing it has NOT helped either....

Ichrukia56
09-29-2016, 04:15 AM
well there "might" not be an Assassin's Creed game next year after all.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-assassins-creed-and-far-cry-games-arent-guaran/1100-6444021/

ModernWaffle
09-29-2016, 12:14 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-assassins-creed-and-far-cry-games-arent-guaran/1100-6444021/

As much as I would love to play a new AC next year, I wouldn't mind waiting till 2018 since my backlog in games have increased that it will occupy me for over the next year plus it would be worthwhile if this gives Ubi more breathing time to work things out for the franchise.

That being said, if it is being planned for 2018 then this might spell disaster as it allows greater expectations for the game to build up. I wouldn't be surprised if the levels of hype exceed that of Unity especially if the first footage we see of the game looks amazing and if Ubi repeats its excessive marketing campaign like it did with past ACs. Whether these high expectations will be fulfilled or even created in the first place I don't know of course - but if Ubi goes down this path again it really will be a make or break outcome for the franchise. I hope they're not planning this as although Ubi's recent (and seemingly upcoming) releases seem to hold consistent good quality they seem to have a semi-track record of disappointing fans by advertising better products than they actually have.

rob1990312
09-29-2016, 06:04 PM
Just read a new interview that there will be no ac in 2017

RinoTheBouncer
09-29-2016, 06:31 PM
Just read a new interview that there will be no ac in 2017
Yeah. I think it's all based on that interview with Yves Guillemot which was posted on GameSpot. Did you find a different interview?

I-Like-Pie45
09-29-2016, 06:35 PM
What if there is no AC in 2017 because they'll be planning to release it right when the clock strikes twelve and it becomes 2018

To ring in the new year what better way than to ring in the new era of assassins creed

rob1990312
09-29-2016, 07:03 PM
New intetview on a site called wwg its a snippet from an ign article from some francois guy

Thats ridiculous

SixKeys
09-29-2016, 08:25 PM

Wow, the other guy did sound much more blunt about it than Yves. Maybe there is something to this after all. Two leap years in a row could mean amazing things for the franchise.

rob1990312
09-29-2016, 08:30 PM
Its a welcomed break in my opinion also i thought just popped into my head the next gen of consoles and i mean ps5 not the new ones coming soon should be coming out around then , there could be cross platform releases

cawatrooper9
09-29-2016, 08:54 PM
Its a welcomed break in my opinion also i thought just popped into my head the next gen of consoles and i mean ps5 not the new ones coming soon should be coming out around then , there could be cross platform releases

Do we know when the next gen is coming (other than Nintendo and their weird release cycles)?

Last gen was around for a really long time, 2006-2012/2013.

Man, though, even if we do get a break that long, we're still looking at a new gen around 2019/2020. I hadn't realized this gen was this old already.

rob1990312
09-29-2016, 09:36 PM
I read lately that this gen will have a shorter life span than the last gen, if anything the next ac will probably be the last for this gen

RinoTheBouncer
09-30-2016, 06:31 PM
I read lately that this gen will have a shorter life span than the last gen, if anything the next ac will probably be the last for this gen

I actually wish AC would be treated just like Uncharted. We get a game every 2-3 or even 4 years and that game being big and epic and progresses the story significantly both for modern day and history and gets back to the original formula when it felt like a series with an interconnected story and a sense of importance for both modern day and history along with the Isu contents. With that long time span, the game could have enough time to be well-developed, become graphically superior and to have a story that is properly written and make history with each new game.

In-between, they could release another movie and fill up the void with comics and/or novels.

Will_Lucky
09-30-2016, 07:56 PM

I'd argue thats no longer the case with the Pro and Scorpio. In fact with the advent of both consoles its more likely the lines between generations will blur as Microsoft and Sony aim for an Apple style release schedule. Think a new console every 2-3 years, yes eventually a PS5 and Xbox 2 might be released in this cycle, but their direct predecessor could play the same games for example. This makes things much more complicated now having a refresh launch which is twice the power of the original console or in the case of the Scorpio potentially 3x faster if not more.

pacmanate
10-01-2016, 12:05 AM
I actually wish AC would be treated just like Uncharted. We get a game every 2-3 or even 4 years and that game being big and epic and progresses the story significantly both for modern day and history and gets back to the original formula when it felt like a series with an interconnected story and a sense of importance for both modern day and history along with the Isu contents. With that long time span, the game could have enough time to be well-developed, become graphically superior and to have a story that is properly written and make history with each new game.

In-between, they could release another movie and fill up the void with comics and/or novels.

Agree 100%. I believe I've mention this to you before. I'd rather have a new game every 2-3 years that really expands on the open world template and gives writers and game designers to real nail a story on paper to the story translated into the game.

E.G. That part where Edward in AC4 says to that big guy after defeating him "You bested me before", hinting that they had fought previously in the game when they hadn't.

ERICATHERINE
10-01-2016, 02:28 AM
E.G. That part where Edward in AC4 says to that big guy after defeating him "You bested me before", hinting that they had fought previously in the game when they hadn't.

El Tiburon and Edward did fight two times in Edward's story, but only in the novel. ^-^

SixKeys
10-01-2016, 03:42 AM
Agree 100%. I believe I've mention this to you before. I'd rather have a new game every 2-3 years that really expands on the open world template and gives writers and game designers to real nail a story on paper to the story translated into the game.

He bested him by punching him in the face once. :p

pacmanate
10-01-2016, 07:27 PM
El Tiburon and Edward did fight two times in Edward's story, but only in the novel. ^-^

That may be true, but the Novel isn't the game. I was confused as hell when he said that and when I found out Darby said they cut that fight out before it started to make sense. That part of the story got muddled when translated into the game.

rob1990312
10-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Does he not first best him about 2 hours into the game when he drops edward with a punch while edward is try to sneak into the compound as was already posted

Locopells
10-01-2016, 11:50 PM
Indeed.

http://i.imgur.com/8kKFfrZ.jpg (https://support.ubi.com)
Thanks to strigoi1958 for the sig!

RinoTheBouncer
10-06-2016, 11:19 AM

YES! I want something free of potholes, and not just a game where a new thing is introduced but never quite finished or even brought up in the next. I also wanna shed light on the comics. I'm not against trans media, but I feel like finishing a story that started in the games, in a comic book or a novel is a huge disrespect to the fans. Because a book can stand on its own and bring something new and original, without having to drag people from the games to know what happens. It's like cutting off a movie abruptly and asking people to buy a book or a comic or access a website to know what happened in the end.

I think games are a visual medium and they should stick to that, and not patch up the lack of story or progress with a different release nor an app nor by shoving in some notes that are unlocked by collecting stuff, similarly to old games like a primitive game would by collecting coins to unlock more life points or retries. I wish the lore gets unlocked by proper story telling, cutscenes, and actual events that happen on screen and we get to interact and witness them, not read optional memos that we don't even have to investigate or look for. Just complete some unrelated tasks to unlock a note in the menu.

So if it takes time to fully rebuild a modern day base, like say Altair II ship or some linear missions, a proper lore, an inspiring First Civ. site, an interesting historical story with characters whom are inspirational and likable, and given enough time to be admired and full explored, and also well-directed cutscenes that involve more than just talking, and a significant progress to the overall story and over-arching narrative, by all means I'd wait till 2020 for that game, and again till 2024 for its sequel.