PDA

View Full Version : Bug report, autopilot issue

mulsannemike
01-03-2004, 12:43 PM
I've noticed a tendancy for the autopilot to deploy flaps as a means of maintaining formation with your wingmen. That isn't the issue, the issue is that the autopilot now is deploying flaps at excessive speeds (350Kph+) and subsequently they are getting jammed. This has caused me to abort numerous flights as by the time I reach the combat area I am flying a relatively useless airplane that has its flaps stuck in max position. This has occured numerous times in flying off line in a campaign of the Fw-190D. This is with V 1.21.

I've also noticed a second issue with autopilot effecting the IL-2 though this isn't new, the previous patches seemed to have this as well. Autopilot will attempt radical manueovers in attempts at maintaining formation and to avoid over shooting the leader. Fine and dandy I guess...if you have enough altitude.

mulsannemike
01-03-2004, 12:43 PM
I've noticed a tendancy for the autopilot to deploy flaps as a means of maintaining formation with your wingmen. That isn't the issue, the issue is that the autopilot now is deploying flaps at excessive speeds (350Kph+) and subsequently they are getting jammed. This has caused me to abort numerous flights as by the time I reach the combat area I am flying a relatively useless airplane that has its flaps stuck in max position. This has occured numerous times in flying off line in a campaign of the Fw-190D. This is with V 1.21.

I've also noticed a second issue with autopilot effecting the IL-2 though this isn't new, the previous patches seemed to have this as well. Autopilot will attempt radical manueovers in attempts at maintaining formation and to avoid over shooting the leader. Fine and dandy I guess...if you have enough altitude.

VW-IceFire
01-03-2004, 07:17 PM
The flaps thing isn't a problem when the AI is using them - only when you take control again. Wait till they have lost some speed - take control and move the flaps back up.

- IceFire
http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/spit-sig.jpg

mulsannemike
01-04-2004, 06:09 AM
Well my observation has been to notice the autopilot deploy them and then to watch the rest of my flight pull away from me while my flaps are still down. It appears to me that even the autopilot has jammed them. And you're right, as soon as I take over I get the flaps jammed message. But I've waited for the plane to reduce speed and at the same time my flight is miles ahead of me and I'm getting jumped from enemy aircraft.

Extreme_One
01-04-2004, 07:05 AM
I've notice take-off flaps being deployed when I'm on the ground awaiting my turn to take-off even when I haven't enabled the autopilot!

I think it's happening when I switch to an external view?!?

S! Simon
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''

Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://www.mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm).

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/ex1_soon.jpg

SeaFireLIV
01-04-2004, 08:41 AM
what?! what planet is this on? :P

Is this with the original IL2? I`ve certainly not had this flap problem. Yes the AI does lower it`s flaps to keep formation, but they`re never going so fast as to jam when I take over. I don`t understand.

And when i`m on the ground the flaps NEVER deploy while I`m in control in or out of external view. They only activate when I hit Auto. I`ve tested this many times, so I have no idea what`s going on with Extreme one`s situation either.

You guy`s must be doing something else as well that you`re forgetting to mention, but what?

`Man is an embodied paradox, a bundle of contradictions.` Lacon.