PDA

View Full Version : Bots, and Bot Skill level

wethebishop
09-21-2016, 09:06 PM
Will we be able to adjust the bot skill?

Theoretically, you could make the bots unstoppable. They could easily program them to have a perfect defense with perfect parrying/countering every time. In this game, the only way someone with a perfect defense would lose is if they tried to attack, leaving them open to a counter or parry. So, if they were to set a bot's skill to perfect, it would never attack, or it would stop attacking once its health got to a certain point. This is, of course, only true if I'm understanding the game's mechanics correctly.

I'm not asking for anything like this, but will we be able to adjust the bot's skill level at all if we want to play around with them offline?

dceuxp
09-21-2016, 09:43 PM
it would pretty cool if it had a difficulty system like Perfect Dark, were you could tailor their play style to almost anything

Cyclope80
09-21-2016, 10:54 PM
yes i mention it in my feedback about the difficulty level. Some like : easy, veteran, pro, legendary etc ...

FredEx919
09-22-2016, 03:23 PM
That could be an interesting option. We touched on bot difficulty in one of the livestreams last week. Nothing about being able to adjust difficulty, but more just the difficulty in general. I'll see if I can find a VOD.

Marette_124
09-22-2016, 10:09 PM
There were two things I noticed with the bots.

1. They sometimes grow attached to a single capture point on dominion, where they will constantly run to that same point repeatedly and just sit there. You kill them and they just run right back. If you leave them alone, they will just sit there the entire time. Not sure if they were scripted to do that or whatever, but it seemed kind of weird. I know having someone sit at a point will boost the amount of points that zone gives you, but sometimes it just seemed unnatural how they wouldn't really care what was happening to the rest of their team and would just sit there.

2. They cannot perform executions, as far as I can tell. Anyone ever seen them do it? Even when it would make sense for them to do it, they seemingly cannot. Assuming this hasn't been scripted yet?

Besides that, there is definitely some sort of skill level going on behind the scenes because some bots were reeeeally easy to kill, while others were actually pretty dangerous. The easy ones could be guard broken and thrown off the map with ease, while the harder ones would cancel your guard break and were just generally more difficult.

HitMan00
09-23-2016, 03:06 PM
this was one of my question after playing the closed alpha. the grunts went down to easy. If this is possible, the higher rank the group playing the difficulty goes up. so if you have players at rank 9-13 the difficult level will be on normal and then it goes up when we have rank 20-30 will be harder etc...

iHunny
09-23-2016, 03:16 PM
I had bots numerously times run past me while I waiting for a ress, even if no enemy is near and the capture point was captured. Its frustrating when a player does it but when a bot does it its makes me insane.

wethebishop
09-24-2016, 02:03 AM
That could be an interesting option. We touched on bot difficulty in one of the livestreams last week. Nothing about being able to adjust difficulty, but more just the difficulty in general. I'll see if I can find a VOD.

Another option could be to have the game track your play with any given hero and simulate an A.I. based off of that data that plays just as you play in the given situations. This would also to be fun to play around with. You could fight yourself or practice against your friends when they're not playing.

vbpreina
09-25-2016, 06:17 PM
I also think that the Botsystem needs a Little revamp. My oppinion is that the bots could be a Little bit harder in dominion. A System where you could set the difficulty of the bots where pretty nice. I had some dominin Matches where 4 Players where match against me and 3 Bots. Naturally you had no Chance to winning this becouse the bots wasn't a great match to their human opponents.

So there is needed a Twist in Matchmaking which isn't the Topic or the Bots needs to get a Little bit harder.

I think with a difficulty Level which relaise on the skill cap of the Players (maybe through the everage of the Players lvl) the game could automaticly match a difficulty lvl for the bots in a game!

Marette_124
09-25-2016, 07:48 PM
I think we should definitely be allowed to choose difficulty for private matches, at the very least. Should also be able to choose what type of enemies we are facing off against. I guess when you are in a public match, the bot difficulty should be determined by the levels of the players.

And one more time, any reason that bots can't execute players or other bots? Just wondering if this is a design decision or if it just hasn't been implemented yet. Anyone ever seen one actually use an execution? They seem to be able to do everything else a player can do, but not execute, even if it would be beneficial to them and their team to do so.

Other than that, the higher level bots are actually pretty tough and can seem like an actual player. The lower level ones are really dumb, though, lol. You can just guard break and throw them nonstop and they will never counter it. So yeah, hopefully we get some sort of difficulty options to choose from.