PDA

View Full Version : Two/three wishes for FB/PF or BoB...

JaBo_HH--Gotcha
05-25-2004, 03:50 AM
Since this will be too late anyway I'd just ask for the following stuff in the upcoming releases/games.

1) removal of Plane-description in the scoreboard. When players press S they immediately see which plane is flown and this spoils all the fun of finding out. I know this has been mentioned before but it should go.
It's useless to try bombers or IL-2s for a cool Airfield raid when this move will fail since by pressing S you know four bomber are en route and pilots change their "tactics " according to what they see by pressing "S".
Instead it would be better to display what caused the demise of the opponent.

Something like:
Player X(p51d) downs Player Y (BF109)...

2) a way to disable certain server messages. Things like
"Player X killed" (after the first burst you put into somebody)
or
"Player X lost controls"... is something you witness by following and observing the plane.
It's not uncommon to keep on pounding a plane which was flying level or doing weird manoevers. But in DF-maps these messages spoil a big amount of fun.

3) Since it's possible to use V1 Rockets in DF-Maps as stupid drones it would be cool if one could use STUPID Bombers doing the same.
Something like:
Put a flight of 4 B17 on a predefined route coming once per hour bombing the blue base.
It's similar to the V1 thing respawing every 30 minutes.
One could generate a new range of df-maps (Defence of the Reich etc.)
Or the all nasty hour raid by IL2s...
Once oculd then give the allies fighters only and script missions where they only win if the bombers inflict enough damage on the airfield.

4) a tool to block certain chat-messages from players. I remember of the days when hosting FPS-Server we had tools for blocking spam. Each time a player said something like "F***" or was swearing, his post was replaced by the server and instead.
Example:
player x enters "This is all S***" and hits enter
the Server finds the S*** and replaces the post by
"I just spam" or "got nothing important to say"
Or even silences him. etc.
I really hate to debate with immarture ppl on my server http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thanks in advance...

http://www.g-c-p.de/sigbib/hh/gotcha.jpg

JaBo_HH--Gotcha
05-25-2004, 03:50 AM
Since this will be too late anyway I'd just ask for the following stuff in the upcoming releases/games.

1) removal of Plane-description in the scoreboard. When players press S they immediately see which plane is flown and this spoils all the fun of finding out. I know this has been mentioned before but it should go.
It's useless to try bombers or IL-2s for a cool Airfield raid when this move will fail since by pressing S you know four bomber are en route and pilots change their "tactics " according to what they see by pressing "S".
Instead it would be better to display what caused the demise of the opponent.

Something like:
Player X(p51d) downs Player Y (BF109)...

2) a way to disable certain server messages. Things like
"Player X killed" (after the first burst you put into somebody)
or
"Player X lost controls"... is something you witness by following and observing the plane.
It's not uncommon to keep on pounding a plane which was flying level or doing weird manoevers. But in DF-maps these messages spoil a big amount of fun.

3) Since it's possible to use V1 Rockets in DF-Maps as stupid drones it would be cool if one could use STUPID Bombers doing the same.
Something like:
Put a flight of 4 B17 on a predefined route coming once per hour bombing the blue base.
It's similar to the V1 thing respawing every 30 minutes.
One could generate a new range of df-maps (Defence of the Reich etc.)
Or the all nasty hour raid by IL2s...
Once oculd then give the allies fighters only and script missions where they only win if the bombers inflict enough damage on the airfield.

4) a tool to block certain chat-messages from players. I remember of the days when hosting FPS-Server we had tools for blocking spam. Each time a player said something like "F***" or was swearing, his post was replaced by the server and instead.
Example:
player x enters "This is all S***" and hits enter
the Server finds the S*** and replaces the post by
"I just spam" or "got nothing important to say"
Or even silences him. etc.
I really hate to debate with immarture ppl on my server http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thanks in advance...

http://www.g-c-p.de/sigbib/hh/gotcha.jpg