PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay from a 90% win rate zerker

balispy
09-19-2016, 11:17 PM
I haven't too much gameplay from people over the weekend on this forum so I just thought I would contribute! This is also to disprove all the people that are saying berserker is under powered ;)

https://www.twitch.tv/balispy/v/90041260

I have about 3 hours of gameplay in this vod of mostly just duels with me learning more as I played. Check it out!
Also, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Edit: I think my vod also shows the issue of a throw into a wall giving you a free over head heavy attack. This seems ridiculously strong right now and especially as a berserker, there's not a lot people could do to stop me. I don't know how this could be changed but on some maps like the castle bridge, I would just auto win if anyone attacked me. As soon as I could reliably counter I became almost unstoppable. I'm not totally sure how to change this and make it balanced, but as of right now I do believe that it is a problem.

Derity
09-20-2016, 02:07 AM
Dunno who's saying Berserker is underpowered, Berserker is one of the best characters in the game.

General_Valor
09-20-2016, 03:40 AM
The berserker's reflect ability is fantastic. I didn't chain as well as I could with Orochi but he was certainly very fun to play.

Poghwg
09-20-2016, 05:43 AM
Oh my. You went up against HandheldBrando. He's a star player, I think.

balispy
09-20-2016, 04:41 PM
Oh my. You went up against HandheldBrando. He's a star player, I think.

oh **** really? Did I beat him? I don't remember hahaha I don't think star player is really worth anything though cause wasn't it for people that played dominion? I don't think dominion winning dominion necessarily means you're a good player in this game.

Edit: Looks like he trashed me lol I wish I found him later in the day though cause I definitely ended up getting better at predicting those feints

ArtieDayne
09-20-2016, 04:46 PM
oh **** really? Did I beat him? I don't remember hahaha I don't think star player is really worth anything though cause wasn't it for people that played dominion? I don't think dominion winning dominion necessarily means you're a good player in this game.

Nah, he beat you every time.

i88
09-21-2016, 04:50 AM
Berserker is the second biggest threat after Orochi.

handheld brando
09-22-2016, 11:57 PM

Edit: Looks like he trashed me lol I wish I found him later in the day though cause I definitely ended up getting better at predicting those feints

Star Player wasn't just for Dominion.

It was for the Top Alpha players and those of us who contributed immensely to the forums and game through feedback and positivity. My group of Star players was the ones who were chosen to go to E3 2016 to represent For Honor for Ubisoft. A lot of the Star players have had a ton of experience with the game so we spend most of our time sharing our experience and knowledge with the community.

I do remember our fights though and you were a good Zerker and you did a great job against me. I admit my Raider is not as good as my Kensei but hes my guilty pleasure. Its too bad you didn't get to see my Warden though. I have been told hes quite vicious. As for the deflect into wall.... Many of us in the Hall of Heroes have a large disdain for the Zerks deflect simply because of its free GB into throw. Most of the higher skilled players we have in our Discord agree that its probably the only thing in the game that is currently unbalanced.

Except for Mathias because hes biased. :D

Fidget2424
09-27-2016, 03:19 AM
I haven't too much gameplay from people over the weekend on this forum so I just thought I would contribute! This is also to disprove all the people that are saying berserker is under powered ;)

https://www.twitch.tv/balispy/v/90041260

I have about 3 hours of gameplay in this vod of mostly just duels with me learning more as I played. Check it out!
Also, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Edit: I think my vod also shows the issue of a throw into a wall giving you a free over head heavy attack. This seems ridiculously strong right now and especially as a berserker, there's not a lot people could do to stop me. I don't know how this could be changed but on some maps like the castle bridge, I would just auto win if anyone attacked me. As soon as I could reliably counter I became almost unstoppable. I'm not totally sure how to change this and make it balanced, but as of right now I do believe that it is a problem.

So your light attacks are slow, don't chain, you have the shortest range in the game, all your big attacks are overheads that are easy to see coming, you can get attacked out of your combos, and the only way to win reliably is to be uber defensive, and abuse guaranteed, unavoidable, high damage wall damage stun attacks to patiently wait your way to victory.

In which case all matches become slow paced ***** foot affairs where you wait to counter people into oblivion as the all powerful, nigh unstoppable, cheese monster of Nilfheim.

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaat, this class sounds like a blast.

SlayingSouls
09-27-2016, 08:34 PM
The same tactic can be used with Warden or any character that can Parry. Simply Parry, throw into wall / off bridge / heavy

SlayingSouls
09-27-2016, 09:04 PM
So far the only thing I dont like about your video is that you antagonized a few people that you destroyed 3-0 but soon as Handheldbrando whipes you 0-3 you bail from the match ASAP. Stick around for the harder fights and your ratio may not look as pretty :).

Im very interested to see how the " Ladder " system will work and how playing equal leveled players will change up these win %'s

Post Edit: I am glad you stuck around shortly the very next fight! I was hoping for more close battles and less 30second toss off the map matches :)

Jam_mil
09-29-2016, 11:14 AM
Really nice job on the footage. Thoroughly enjoyed watching the matches, especially you vs the player handheldbrando. Enjoyed the tenacity and play of both players and was very enjoyable watching the styles.

Nice to see classes outside of orichi being played.

Kudos too you.

Masked_Yurei
09-30-2016, 01:18 AM
The Berserker is overpowered and can attack and recover faster then any class other then the Orochi; which makes them an automatic win as they can fight faster; and can chain ridiculous amounts of attacks along in ways that contradict how the game tells you your enemies will fight; and get spam guard breaks to shut players down.

Like the Orochi, the Berserker is a broken class that needs to be nerfed at nearly every level. The whole game is broken as of Alpha in terms of balance but, yeah; whoever thinks the Berserker is underpowered needs to stop talking. The developers need to focus on overhauling their broken combat system and fixing the droves of exploitable elements within in it as it is.

handheld brando
09-30-2016, 07:19 PM
The Berserker is overpowered and can attack and recover faster then any class other then the Orochi; which makes them an automatic win as they can fight faster; and can chain ridiculous amounts of attacks along in ways that contradict how the game tells you your enemies will fight; and get spam guard breaks to shut players down.

Like the Orochi, the Berserker is a broken class that needs to be nerfed at nearly every level. The whole game is broken as of Alpha in terms of balance but, yeah; whoever thinks the Berserker is underpowered needs to stop talking. The developers need to focus on overhauling their broken combat system and fixing the droves of exploitable elements within in it as it is.

I don't know if you watched but he did lose to both a Raider and a Kensei.

All it takes is patience and skill to beat the faster classes. Once you understand how all the classes work and what they can and can't do from experience then you will understand how each character can beat them.

MathiasCB
10-02-2016, 10:33 PM

The Berserker has a deflect that needs to be reworked. The rest of his kit isn't all that great.