PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Impressions - PC 60FPS (video)

Z0MBIEROMMEL
09-19-2016, 07:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsKIkBLE3go

Munktor
09-19-2016, 11:49 PM
Looks like just about every fight boils down to:

- Guard break
- Get in two attacks
- Block 2nd attack
- Guard break
- Get in two attacks

ad nauseum.

I had high hopes for this combat system, but it boils down to very generic and boring gameplay.

Z0MBIEROMMEL
09-20-2016, 03:27 AM
Looks like just about every fight boils down to:

- Guard break
- Get in two attacks
- Block 2nd attack
- Guard break
- Get in two attacks

ad nauseum.

I had high hopes for this combat system, but it boils down to very generic and boring gameplay.

With respect, I don't think it's quite that simple. I do think that some of the light attack animations need to be sped up on some characters, because they are a bit too easy to see coming and deflect, which necessitates guard break mixups. But footwork beats guardbreaks, so if you bait them you can make enemies whiff and then punish. You can also use cancels/feints to open up offense.

Barzah
09-20-2016, 09:33 AM
With respect, I don't think it's quite that simple. I do think that some of the light attack animations need to be sped up on some characters, because they are a bit too easy to see coming and deflect, which necessitates guard break mixups. But footwork beats guardbreaks, so if you bait them you can make enemies whiff and then punish. You can also use cancels/feints to open up offense.

but your video clearly showing what exactly Munktor says (your opponent just accept your guard break every single time) . No offence but next time if you want to give positive feedback about the game, have a video where you & your opponent changing tactic, or exchanging blow and feint/ fake attack which most likely you can get for fighting different classes.

Making a public video is not just about you, but also to entertain your audience. You can create a video that make a bad game video looks good, or vise versa.

Z0MBIEROMMEL
09-21-2016, 12:00 AM
but your video clearly showing what exactly Munktor says (your opponent just accept your guard break every single time) . No offence but next time if you want to give positive feedback about the game, have a video where you & your opponent changing tactic, or exchanging blow and feint/ fake attack which most likely you can get for fighting different classes.

Making a public video is not just about you, but also to entertain your audience. You can create a video that make a bad game video looks good, or vise versa.

You may like my recently uploaded video. For Honor footage starts @ 1:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhqfXtCgITU

Spoiler: I get owned. :)

DraxeI
09-21-2016, 06:25 AM
That's a really well made video.

Good job!