PDA

View Full Version : 1v1 duel montage

Setzaroth
09-19-2016, 08:02 AM
I was skeptical when I first saw footage of the game a year ago, but I was able to get into the closed Alpha over the weekend and mess around for a few hours, and while it's far from perfect, and there's a fair amount that can be criticized, it has definitely piqued my interest. I'll be posting a review video in the next couple days of my overall impressions, but for now, here's a quick montage I threw together of some 1v1 (PvP) gameplay.

Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Iv1NM9xwM

C0rnolio
09-19-2016, 11:09 AM
Hi good video, however this is the worst orochi I have seen. Bots are a lot better.

FHL Team sbt
09-19-2016, 12:04 PM
Yeah good video but what cornolio said. what is the guy? is this from day 1 alpha lol im not sure i even saw him block or hit anything other than an overhead XD

Vakris_One
09-19-2016, 04:39 PM
Nice video. Not to be overly critical but you didn't show off any of the Warden's executions. And that's by far some of the worst Orochi play I have ever seen.

mikep999
09-19-2016, 04:43 PM
I appreciate the effort and that's nice music you chose...

But - it doesn't really give an idea what the game is like - you need the in-game music / sound-effects to give a good imprression to someone who hasn't played.
Also - as others have said, your opponent wasn't really doing much. He/she appeared terrified and was trying his/her best to just run away from you. Likely getting used to the controls.

Jonathan.Cleese
09-19-2016, 05:50 PM
That Orochi gameplay made me cry

The Tzeentch
09-19-2016, 05:54 PM
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/d6502831-4574-4559-a41e-0c30c9356dba?gamerTag=The%20Tzeentch&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

Here is some of my fights that i felt were intense/good ennought against enemies i felt gave me challenge during fights.

Setzaroth
09-19-2016, 08:43 PM
I agree with pretty much all of the above posts.

Now to respond to them...

The video clips were taken at various points over the weekend.

I have no idea why I never met any Orochi players that were either A) Aggressive, or B) even understood the game. A lot of them were probably new and went straight to PvP duel for some reason, and then froze up when a 7ft crusade sprinted headfirst into them at full speed. :rolleyes:

I agree, the in-game music and sound design is really good. I used royalty free music because my channel is monetized and I didn't want to get flagged for copyright. Some other videos I did in the past were flagged because of the in-game background music. Also, with all of the trimming and out of order clips, it wouldn't have been very comfortable to listen to. Or at the very least, not as smooth.

I tried to get executions but for some reason they just don't pop up for me very often. Even when getting a finish with a heavy attack it just doesn't happen. You can see an example of this at the end of the video. The prompt appears and I immediately press triangle, but it taunts instead. Weird.

The Tzeentch
09-19-2016, 08:46 PM
I think you kept moving and so canceling when execution change pops up.

Setzaroth
09-19-2016, 09:10 PM
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/d6502831-4574-4559-a41e-0c30c9356dba?gamerTag=The%20Tzeentch&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

Here is some of my fights that i felt were intense/good ennought against enemies i felt gave me challenge during fights.

That aerial execution was awesome

I think you kept moving and so canceling when execution change pops up.

Ya, maybe. It seemed pretty sensitive.

Setzaroth
09-27-2016, 01:02 PM
Here's my overall impressions with the Alpha. Took me a few days longer than intended to get this uploaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQxtxKD_XDU

SlayingSouls
09-28-2016, 07:38 PM
Here's my overall impressions with the Alpha. Took me a few days longer than intended to get this uploaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQxtxKD_XDU

I 100% disagree that you cant win a 2v1 fight. Pop that revenge and its all easy pickings from there. Its also kind of ****ty that any of your viewers will be sent off with the idea that if they get their hands on this game at any given time more then 1 person fights them they will lose. This couldnt be further from the truth and I personally found it quite easy to fight in 2v1 situations. Funny part about it is often people think oh there is 2 of us so lets just swing away at this guy and we will win but thats not true at all. Its extremely easy to block those 2 opponents and pop revenge within 2-3 blocks.

I also do not agree with you on team damage. I think team damage should be alot more devastating to your health. Why in the world would you want a game where people can just swing constantly in any direction without anything to stop them? People who fought with swords and what not at no point had the opportunity to swing their weapon without having to worry about killing friendlies.

Setzaroth
09-29-2016, 12:09 AM
I 100% disagree that you cant win a 2v1 fight. Pop that revenge and its all easy pickings from there. Its also kind of ****ty that any of your viewers will be sent off with the idea that if they get their hands on this game at any given time more then 1 person fights them they will lose. This couldnt be further from the truth and I personally found it quite easy to fight in 2v1 situations. Funny part about it is often people think oh there is 2 of us so lets just swing away at this guy and we will win but thats not true at all. Its extremely easy to block those 2 opponents and pop revenge within 2-3 blocks.

I also do not agree with you on team damage. I think team damage should be alot more devastating to your health. Why in the world would you want a game where people can just swing constantly in any direction without anything to stop them? People who fought with swords and what not at no point had the opportunity to swing their weapon without having to worry about killing friendlies.

You might be able to 1v2 inexperienced players, but it'll never happen against people that know what they're doing, and are using voice comms to coordinate their attacks insuring they are coming in from 2 different directions simultaneously.

Your argument for team damage is based on realism. Do you really want to go there with this game? Making it more devastating would be even worse for a game like this. Are you familiar with the team-killing epidemic in Rainbow six siege? Do you want this to happen in For Honor as well?

There are some things that just shouldn't be included in games for the sake of maintaining balance and fun.

The Tzeentch
09-29-2016, 06:26 PM
You are realy wrong about fights of 1v2 or more.... If you block attack on those situations you get about half second auto block to all directions, so all you need to do is keep eye on who is atacking first, Soon you get revenge and then you can just wreck them... I often got 2-3 revenge modes playing carefuly when fighting against 2 or more enemies at once.

Being in 1v2 situation against good player who is joined with bad player even makes situation easier for one who is alone because you get revenge so much faster and bad player is often messing up game for more experinced good player. You even lose in your video in 2v1 situation with your team mate to that conquer.

About gear balance issues... My fully upgraded Orochi sword did deal 2 damage more with fast attack and 3 with heavy attack.... What that did wasnt even ennought to get 1 strike less to kill but it made last healt bar to hit to like 1hp and make regeneration of last healthbar harder.... Fully upgraded Defence made me take 2-3 less damage usualy and i did change it for runing speed armor because it would safe me much more often and also increase my offensive cabapility...

I see why YOU think team damage is bad idea..... Because you are constantly attacking team mates in your video.... But Team damage in game with this deep sword fight mechaniks is essential because it is part of space controll what you need to learn when melee fighting. You need to keep changing your position to have upper hand against multiple enemies and not just derp around..... AND there is way to know where your team mates are..... There is freaking radar which shows what is hapening near by and camera is often far enought to show space around you....

Abilities.... There is much more abilities than what you did name here....... I guess you only played Warden?
Capture area healling..... Just freaking take one step in to stop enemy from healing....

You clearly are making review from extremely casual point of view with out real understanding of game balance or even large part of mechaniks of game.

Setzaroth
09-30-2016, 04:43 AM
You are realy wrong about fights of 1v2 or more.... If you block attack on those situations you get about half second auto block to all directions, so all you need to do is keep eye on who is atacking first, Soon you get revenge and then you can just wreck them... I often got 2-3 revenge modes playing carefuly when fighting against 2 or more enemies at once.

Being in 1v2 situation against good player who is joined with bad player even makes situation easier for one who is alone because you get revenge so much faster and bad player is often messing up game for more experinced good player. You even lose in your video in 2v1 situation with your team mate to that conquer.

About gear balance issues... My fully upgraded Orochi sword did deal 2 damage more with fast attack and 3 with heavy attack.... What that did wasnt even ennought to get 1 strike less to kill but it made last healt bar to hit to like 1hp and make regeneration of last healthbar harder.... Fully upgraded Defence made me take 2-3 less damage usualy and i did change it for runing speed armor because it would safe me much more often and also increase my offensive cabapility...

I see why YOU think team damage is bad idea..... Because you are constantly attacking team mates in your video.... But Team damage in game with this deep sword fight mechaniks is essential because it is part of space controll what you need to learn when melee fighting. You need to keep changing your position to have upper hand against multiple enemies and not just derp around..... AND there is way to know where your team mates are..... There is freaking radar which shows what is hapening near by and camera is often far enought to show space around you....

Abilities.... There is much more abilities than what you did name here....... I guess you only played Warden?
Capture area healling..... Just freaking take one step in to stop enemy from healing....

You clearly are making review from extremely casual point of view with out real understanding of game balance or even large part of mechaniks of game.

It's a casual game. The fighting isn't deep. It's just rock paper scissors with melee weapons. The fact that team damage is arbitrarily included doesn't make it a 1337-pro mlg game. It's just annoying, and serves no real purpose.

I know there are more abilities. I said those are the only relevant abilities because the rest simply don't have much of an impact.

The gear will be a problem in the future. There are far better gear available in the full game that I've seen.

I have a very good understanding of game balance.

The Tzeentch
09-30-2016, 01:19 PM
I have a very good understanding of game balance.

I did spy some of your messages on other topics in Siege related things..... No you dont have good understanding :D.

And calling game rock paper scissors really shows how deep your understanding of gameplay went... In your Video you did 0 chains into tackle with warden... i dont think that you did even try to guard break into trow at any time.... video was you just bum rushing day 1 alpha players similar in your skill lvl and understanding of game. How many casuals like you do you see staying with this game which has realy complex controls when you are serious with it and not just day dreaming of being big shot on youtube or siege.

Edit.... Oh most enemies seem to be bots and not even human players in video...........