PDA

View Full Version : This game doesn't work...

JackHammerhead
09-18-2016, 09:15 PM
And i'm not talking about bugs or other technical problems, I mean it just doesn't play well at all.
It's clunky as hell, unintuitive and the biggest problem so far is that when you are getting gangket by 2 enemies, you're screwed.
"block in the direction of the enemy you're not locked on to block him" Yeah and by doing so screwing up your current block stance of the locked target... how smart, and that is when it actually work, I don't know how many times I moved the stick in the direction of the guy who was attacking me from whom I wasn't locked on and it didn't do jack ****... Not to mention dodging or breaking guard is so complicated, you're like super close to your target, press square but nothing happen, you're just pushing air... Tutorial is doing a pretty poor job at telling you some moves you can make in a fight... I could go on
Great concept for a game but i'm just sorry to say, the game plays really really, really bad. So disappointing.

Skosn
09-18-2016, 09:45 PM
You shouldn't block the enemy you are locked on, you should block the enemy, that attacks you first. Blocking him grants you autoblock for 1 second which is enough time to block the attack of the second one. With every hit, block and attack you make you gain revenge, which allows you for some time to knockback your enemies, gain more health and ignoring enemy attacks.
Fighting against 2 at the same time can be hard sometimes if they know what they are doing, but trust me, it's neither impossible nor hard most of the times. I managed to wipe out an entire enemy team at once just because they were all spaming their strikes and no one used his brain.

Only because you use a dodge or guard break doesn't mean it succeeds automaticly. You need to take care of the range, space, attack direction and animation of your opponent.
This game is not about spaming buttons and reap through your enemies, it's about skill, tactic and experience.

JackHammerhead
09-19-2016, 05:45 PM
I'm maintaining what I said. I'm a 20+ years gaming veteran, I finish all my games on hardest settings and play mostly online competitive games. If I struggle to play this game, a great many deal also will, and most of them will just be turned off and go play something.

The Tzeentch
09-19-2016, 06:31 PM
I'm maintaining what I said. I'm a 20+ years gaming veteran, I finish all my games on hardest settings and play mostly online competitive games. If I struggle to play this game, a great many deal also will, and most of them will just be turned off and go play something.

I gues that it would be too much for veteran like you to learn to play game with new kind of controls.... And not all games are for every one.... But blaming game for lack of skill or will to learn it is always bitt sad :(

zefurr
09-19-2016, 07:34 PM
Jack unless you were playing against above average players, you should be able to take 1v2s fairly often.

The average caliber of players in these Alphas is extremely low. They don't know how to parry, they can't counter guard breaks and they often just spam aimlessly, often hitting their own teammates in the process. 1v2ing these kinds of players is often trivial, 1v3ing is significantly harder, but still possible. 1v4ing is likely an indicator that they are very, very bad.

Ragnar---
09-19-2016, 07:41 PM

So because you didn't bother to take the time to learn something new, it's the games fault?. You can see a problem with your logic, right?.

i88
09-19-2016, 07:53 PM
Your struggles with the game are unfortunate, but they are definitely remedied with effort.

The controls do take some getting used to for sure, but your other gripes with the games combat mechanics are just down to doing things wrong. I had the same problem with guard-breaks, played more and learned how to land them, yet still struggled with throwing. The 2 v 1 scenario isn't about focusing on who you're locked onto, but where the first attack from either enemy is about to land. Revenge also helps greatly in the 2 vs 1 scenario, to the point where you often get the upper-hand. I've witnessed many skilled players taking on 2-3 enemies and winning the fight.

It doesn't really matter how many years you've been playing games, there is definitely a skill curve and combat system here that will take a lot of people time to learn and adjust to. Not really something we're going to become pro's at over an extended weekend of play. People will flock to this game though, as it has an intense feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment from good play.

JackHammerhead
09-19-2016, 11:02 PM
Yeah yeah sure i'm the problem, god forbid someone trash talk your precious game. Watch the game receive 6/10 on every major gaming site when it's released, mark my words.

OCT93
09-19-2016, 11:22 PM
Dude, the only time I had any problems with this game was with server dropping. Hell I knew that the 2v1, 3v1, 4v1 would take more skill. I had issues starting with the guard break and throwing, practiced in AI dual, got better at it. same with blocking, countering and slowly worked up my skills. The control style is completely new to this game, and I feel it's the Killer Instinct of melee arena games...you learn the basics and learn to not mash or you are not going anywhere. Just like they all said, don't just focus on the first guy that gets to you, watch for the red flashes, because what stance they are in will change usually as soon as the attack starts if they are good at what they are doing. If you can't handle more than one, back off, lead them to an buddy, or find a way to line them up and keep them in a one at a time way. You can have all the experience in the world, but when something new and different comes, that experience means nothing.

Mr.Riot
09-19-2016, 11:36 PM
My gawd lol, stop eating instant ramen bro. They are full of salt.

Derity
09-21-2016, 08:21 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ft-LOumBOlA/hqdefault.jpg

iHunny
09-21-2016, 01:19 PM
20+ years of gaming and finnishing games on hard means nothing... Finnishing Battletoads on NES do :P "kidding" . As many others have pointed out, you did not bother trying to learn and blame the game. You are your own problem here.

N1GTHCR0W
09-21-2016, 01:53 PM
and i'm not talking about bugs or other technical problems, i mean it just doesn't play well at all.
It's clunky as hell, unintuitive and the biggest problem so far is that when you are getting gangket by 2 enemies, you're screwed.
"block in the direction of the enemy you're not locked on to block him" yeah and by doing so screwing up your current block stance of the locked target... How smart, and that is when it actually work, i don't know how many times i moved the stick in the direction of the guy who was attacking me from whom i wasn't locked on and it didn't do jack ****... Not to mention dodging or breaking guard is so complicated, you're like super close to your target, press square but nothing happen, you're just pushing air... Tutorial is doing a pretty poor job at telling you some moves you can make in a fight... I could go on
great concept for a game but i'm just sorry to say, the game plays really really, really bad. So disappointing.

hahahahaah gringo, noob crying

SliceOBread
09-21-2016, 04:58 PM
He's trolling...

ARCH777ANGEL
09-22-2016, 05:44 AM
How is it the game's fault you're not making logic

TheDoomKnight
09-22-2016, 07:51 AM
He's trolling...

probably just to see how many people get mad at him for trash talking their "precious game", but still threads like this are pointless, it was an ALPHA not even a half-finished chunk of the game so if your complaining about a fragment of a product (troll or otherwise) then you obviously don't care about it to see how it progresses or are to dim witted to know what an alpha is
complaining about an alpha is kinda like complaining about uncooked meat like "that's my food?, it's disgusting and cold i don't care if it isn't finished i hate it"

DETHREAPER_11
10-09-2016, 02:40 AM
Idunno about you man, but especially from my Dark Souls experiences, I found the controls incredibly intuitive, while gauging an extreme amount of tactical depth akin to real fighting