PDA

View Full Version : The problem with block break

Leathalwarrio
09-18-2016, 06:03 PM
So the block break is a broken mechanic that needs some touching up to do. Now im not saying that it is game breaking but the hit boxes and the counter block for it is really wonky.
i was at point blank range to a raider and tried to press square but then it dosent do anything and then he dose it to me and i try to counter it but dosent work then he throws me off a cliff. Please fix or tell me what i m doing wrong. AND when i am playing as conqueror and i try and do the dash block break why the **** can the just press square and the push me to the side and take half of my health. Te conqueror is supposed to be an immovable object or and unstoppable force is he ot?

Yboo12
09-18-2016, 06:51 PM
First and foremost, NEVER stand near anything you can be thrown off of, cuz you'll be thrown off everytime. When you use the block break, it takes a couple seconds to recharge, meaning you can't counter break either, so basically, be careful with it.

BOOM-MUFFIN
09-18-2016, 07:41 PM
I too have qualms with the block break, such as there doesn't seem to be a cool down period more than half a second, i've done it and its been done to me, repetitive block breaking, also it doesn't interrupt attacks, which i do not understand the reasoning for. I'll go to block break BEFORE a light or heavy attack and it'll connect but have no effect what-so-ever since they started an attack AFTER. Also, it has stopped giving me any sort of opportunity to counter a block break. These are just a few that have prevailed in being problematic for me over the past few days.

Leathalwarrio
09-18-2016, 11:28 PM
I too have qualms with the block break, such as there doesn't seem to be a cool down period more than half a second, i've done it and its been done to me, repetitive block breaking, also it doesn't interrupt attacks, which i do not understand the reasoning for. I'll go to block break BEFORE a light or heavy attack and it'll connect but have no effect what-so-ever since they started an attack AFTER. Also, it has stopped giving me any sort of opportunity to counter a block break. These are just a few that have prevailed in being problematic for me over the past few days.

Why are the bersearkers able to chain there attacks for forever even if i block them? It is so ******ed especially when he just block brake u then shove you into a corner and then it feels like there i no way out!

DeathofCaine
09-19-2016, 01:36 AM
So much bad in one thread, I don't even know where to start.

A guard break literally describes what it's meant to be used for. TO BREAK GUARD. Not to interrupt attacks. Can it interrupt attacks? Sure, occasionally someone slower wil come along that you can break into. Is it specifically meant to do that? NO.

When the red guard break icon flashes, you have a quick moment to counter guard. That will momentarily stun the enemy enough to get a hit in usually. If they counter guard you, the same thing applies - you will probably get hit.

If you find yourself attempting a guard break with no result, it's because you are too far. Learn your character move distances, as well as your opponents. Not everyone has the same range.

As far as getting thrown off, side step until your safe. I wouldn't even engage if there is a potential to be thrown off unless I'm planning on doing the throwing.

Berserker has such short range. The "infinite combo" is hardly that. You can side step, back step and counter if you have the range, block and guard break - there's so many options to counter them.

99% of the complaints are just lack of skill and knowledge of the game and character mechanics. :rolleyes: