PDA

View Full Version : Just to say what I think about the game

HaroldMacGregor
09-18-2016, 05:31 PM
So I got my hands on alpha... yaay.. I guess..

This post should be taken as a "review" for players who haven't played the game and are considering to buy it because of multiplayer

Since I played the game for like 5 hours I didn't want to make this "review" but I think I should say my feelings.
So it started nicely with interesting cinematic and creating your banner or whatever that thing was and then tutorial which wasn't bad (atleast that's what I thought when I first played.. the fact that it didn't tell me ANYTHING about the game I realized later)

So I decided to play. I played about an hour or so and after that I was just in front of my computer with words "Damn, that's all?"

The game sadly offered me no fun at all (even when played with my friends) and for me is personaly very casual (probably because of consoles) and not interesting.

There is no chalange to the combat.. it's easy to learn and even easier to master, after 3 hours I found myself blocking, parrying, dodging everything without almost any mistakes (which never happened to me in any game)

I'm not gonna talk about classes in the game much.. If you wanna rekt the house pick samurai, but I can't tell for sure since I played only knights and vikings. But it felt they are strongest.

If you are looking for historicaly accurate sword-fighting you will not find it here.

I would not recommend you to buy this game after it's out unless it's heavily discounted (60%-80% off)since multiplayer is just not worth it and you will get bored quickly. Singleplayer might actually be better if they make it somehow interesting and longer than 6 hours, which I doubt will happen.

Thank you Ubisoft for giving me chance to play alpha and at the end saving money for better games.

I will not respond or read any comments under this thread.

Demoraliz3
09-19-2016, 12:31 PM
you are a joke my friend ,,, easy combat system he says. ill bet you considered witcher, dark souls ,chivalry good combat system games , dont make be laugh . as for the fact that you say samurai classes are op , only shows that you even havent masters the strategy of each character .

Razor__Fox
09-19-2016, 03:10 PM
"This post should be taken as a "review" for players who haven't played the game and are considering to buy it because of multiplayer"

nope. This should be taken as one mans OPINION on an alpha test of a game that's still 5 months from release.

Also, if you think you "mastered" the combat in 3 hours, you are wrong.

mikep999
09-19-2016, 04:34 PM
"This post should be taken as a "review" for players who haven't played the game and are considering to buy it because of multiplayer"

nope. This should be taken as one mans OPINION on an alpha test of a game that's still 5 months from release.

Also, if you think you "mastered" the combat in 3 hours, you are wrong.

Agreed.
It also goes to show how different our tastes are.
I found this game a refreshing change of pace from what is currently available.

Yes, the alpha version of this game shows you which direction to block the enemy, but it's still enjoyable nonetheless and the killing moves were quite satisfying.
The movement of the characters,attack moves, music and soud effects are all top notch.

I only had a chance to play 2 vs. 2 (Player vs. AI) with the Viking & Knight unlocked characters and what I experienced was good fun and tense when you're trying to run back to your partner to revive him without getting slaughtered by the 2 enemies. Good times...