PDA

View Full Version : For Honor

DtxOperative
09-18-2016, 04:25 PM
Just wanted to see what the numbers are out of curiosity. When you see other players 1v1 each other do you watch or jump in? I personally watch and dont attack or help unless my teammate falls to low hp and tries to flee since i dont like to KS.

WONTOLLA JACK
09-18-2016, 04:39 PM
only if it is in trouble...2vs1 kill is not too honorable

MathiasCB
09-18-2016, 05:02 PM
If the ally is an assassin and not losing hard, then no.
Any other class. Yes. Assassins gain Points through 1v1 kills, other classes don't. the difference inpoints are huge. Hitting an enemy once when the ally is an assassin will bring the Points gained from atleast something like 50 to about 4-7. So interfering in assassins 1v1s is a BAD thing to do.

vXVirus
09-18-2016, 05:22 PM
shamefull display if you 2v1.

IamcalledProphet
09-18-2016, 07:44 PM
I wait until the 1v1 is over.. I rather let my teammates die than engaging a 1v1.. I for myself prefer fighting 1v1.. if any ally engages my fight i fall back, lat him fight teh enemy.. and i let him die if he's too bad..

its hard to find Honor and and glorious 1v1-fights.. all i see is "come with me we kill this guy" "we will win 3v1" "revenge mode is op, we (3players) cant fight one player" read those quote with the voice of an idiot.

all these gangs are making me not to buy this game. i dont want to play with 3v1-******s all the time. YOU 3vs1-PLAYER RUIN THIS GAME!! for all the guys who play 1v1 YOURE GREAT keep on!

LoatheMe396
09-18-2016, 08:27 PM
i been in matches when i have the whole team chasing me trying to kill me i rarely escaped death but hey thats people for u but that match i made sure i got them all 1vs1 and beat them as to say hey u cant beat me 1vs1 better go get your buddies

DG LUMBEE
09-18-2016, 08:37 PM
To be honest, if you complain about a 2v1, you probably shouldn't be playing this. It happens, It's part of strategy if you see 2v1 and it frightens you, run away, live to fight another day. When people group up it's leaves objectives open for the taking. Also, 2v1's aren't impossible; I've won many 2v1s maybe not as many as I have lost but I've definitely won alot. It's those 3v1s+ that all hope is lost.

DETHREAPER_11
10-09-2016, 02:47 AM
Yes. The point of the game is to win, if someone wants duels, then they should go into 1v1 mode. If you don't help your teammates out, you're a sucky team player.

BrokenLance
10-09-2016, 05:17 AM
shamefru dispray if you 2v1

yote224
10-09-2016, 07:33 AM
McBoo addressed an aspect on the assassins and I'd like to take it a step further with elaboration.

Assassins unlock feats faster, earn more renown, and effectively become a more efficient teammate by winning 1v1 fights and consecutive kill-streaks (I believe that's within 1 life and not just in rapid succession).

Heavy unlocks feats, earns more renown, and effectively becomes a more effecient teammate by boosting and defending control zones but also by assisting/aiding a teammate in a fight.

Vanguards are a bit of an oddball in that they unlock feats, earn more renown, become a more efficient teammate by killing npc-soldiers, capturing control zones, and getting kills while outnumbered.

Players with this "I'm going to roam the battlefield and slay all the enemies in my path" mentality are shooting themselves and teammates in the foot for the long run.

For example. You come across a friendly orochi fighting an enemy raider outside of the zones. Your orochi has more remaining health than the raider but "idc, I'm gonna kill that raider because I still think this is team death match" so you attack the now outnumbered raider. It's easier to block a second opponent because you don't need to know which stance he is attacking from (unknown) the raider need only know your relative direction to his character's facing direction (pretty obvious). So, you attack, and the raider sees it coming and blocks it.
-NOW- already you've ruined your orochi's 1v1 bonus, but let's follow this worst case scenario even further.-
Raider blocks your attack and let's say it's enough for his revenge meter to fill. Friendly orochi looks to follow up on your distraction and lunges in for the kill but gets denied because raider pops revenge. Orochi is now prone and the raider obliterates his remaining health with an unblockable attack.
-NOW. Raider just got a bonus to being outnumbered and killing an opponent and you're facing an uninterruptible opponent with unlimited stamina putting you at a big disadvantage-
Raider then proceeds to make good use of his revenge mode and murder you in the face quickly.
-NOW the raider has scored 2 kills with boosted points for being a good vanguard and has the immediate knowledge that 2 of his enemies are stuck respawning which means chances are very good for him that he can either capture a zone (gets a bonus for that) or clear the front of enemy soldiers (gets a bonus for that too) not to mention he'll likely unlock 1-3 feats all from this entire exchange.

Now, if you wanted to play for fun that's all well and good but I'm assuming we all to some extent play to win. So we can now look at you. Were you an assassin? If so, you made a bad call to get engaged. Time would have been better spent hunting another opponent, making sure no enemy aided the raider, capturing a zone, or clearing soldiers.
Were you a vanguard? If so, you made a bad call. Time would have been better spent boosting a zone, clearing soldiers, etc.
Were you a heavy? If so... it's more of a grey area. You at least get boosted points for aiding (assuming you win the confrontation) but you should be aware you just cheated your assassin out of hard earned points when your character could have been demolishing the front or getting boosted points for guarding/boosting/possibly defending a control zone.

Knowledge is power, brothers and sisters. Play your role effectively, pick your battles, be aware of your environment.

Dark-Thomy
10-09-2016, 03:56 PM
I don't run into it, unless my teamates is obviously getting beaten up.

However as an assassin in dominion I wouldn't get in at all except if it is on a zone.

As an assassin, you have to kinda feel on which objective people tend to usually don't go and cap' them yourself !
(if you don't fear eventual outnumbered fights)

Alanthir
10-09-2016, 09:22 PM
When I know the enemy fights without honor (going 2v1 or the like, running into own soldiers when outskilled, et.) then I do interfere, otherwise not.

I personally like being outnumbered, one of the funniest thing in this game to fight alone against 2 or 3 enemies and still get one, two or all down, but 1v1 fights gotta be respected.

Helnekromancer
10-09-2016, 10:37 PM
If players aren't asking for help, which you can do in the game then i wont help them and will try to capture a point while players are fighting on the field. Buy i don't think everyone knew how in the Alpha so sometimes i interfere, so they won't get executed and i can revive them. There is nothing worst than waiting 15 secs to get back into the game just to get executed again.

JukeboxJuliet
10-10-2016, 03:35 PM
For 4v4, if they look like they're struggling or specifically call out for help - then yes, otherwise I try not to. I know personally I get sorta annoyed when someone runs around basically just trying to get a few hits in or a final hit in on everyone so they can be at the top of the list.

For a 2v2, the sort of un-written law I abide by is that you face your opponent 1v1, then only fight the other player if your teammate asks for help, or they kill your teammate. There were times when I would handle my opponent and then run over to my teammate and just watch the two of them fight.

RARELY would other people play this way though. My favorite scrub move is when the 2v2 starts and your opponent takes off and runs towards his teammate, either trying to hide behind him, or take the "weaker" teammate out 2v1, or a couple times a guy would spend the first part of our duel trying to evade my attacks until their teammate killed mine, so that they could 2v1 me -_-

Idk, I personally just don't like to play that way, which is probably why I fit in so well with the knight alliance. ;) It is a good feeling though, when someone does try to pull a scrub move, and you kill them both and end up going 9-0 for a brawl.

Barricade133
10-11-2016, 10:28 AM
While the orochi thing is something I shall definitely now think about later for another strat. As for the so called "honourable" thing to do we have a mode for that so go there for that kind of thing. The idea of Dominion is 4 versus 4. not 4 1v1's. This isn't a movie where the enemies come at you single file, bow and begin the match. If you were really honourable then you would allow him to fight at his full potential by letting him heal up to full health and then resume your fight, for there is no "honour" or sport in killing something that isn't at it's best. So would you really allow them that much time and would every single encounter play out like this? Though this is a fun thing to talk about for people that like to immerse themselves in the experience.

ShuyinVardiz
10-11-2016, 03:04 PM
If the opponents fight with ledges, fire, spikes or outnumbered - yes.
Otherwise no. There is no way to improve by ganging up against enemys.

In Dominion always yes. There is no time for honor in dominion, there is only time to kill and die.

PowerSenpai
10-17-2016, 11:34 AM
Just gonna mention, since a lot of people think it is dishonorable to 2v1, that i would imagine it be more dishonorable to let your team potentially lose, and to let your friends die because "it is honorable".

We are not simulating a duel, but a war! As they say, there are no rules in war and love!