PDA

View Full Version : Knights without honor

WONTOLLA JACK
09-18-2016, 04:01 PM
premise: maybe I am a little bit crazy, I'm an INFP and a boy scout chief so I am a person with principles and a great sense of honor ...

Playing at the duel in alpha mode I got this question ... why put the "outmap" kills in a duel!?
Today I found a player who as the main faction of the knights, and had used the warden like me, I think "look at that, is my brother in arms" ... he beat me three times; and for three time he killed me 2 of 3 kill with outmap kill...I have never tried to throw it off the map, and I tried to go and fight in the more open areas and without holes...maybe I'm just an idiot but I think a outmap killing is a killing without honor that does not fit in a duel especially if between two knights...

sorry for my bad english is not my mother language

NephthysIV
09-18-2016, 04:13 PM
Learn to counter guardbreaks or don't fight near ledges. I find these kills funny and it's always your own fault if you die by them.

AliceTheSilent
09-18-2016, 10:45 PM
Learn to counter guardbreaks or don't fight near ledges. I find these kills funny and it's always your own fault if you die by them.

No, half the time it's the terrible netcode not reading that you pressed the counter button.

Razor__Fox
09-18-2016, 10:50 PM
"You don't fight with honour!"

"No....he did." -Bronn

SoulStoleMC
09-19-2016, 12:15 AM
It is a fight to the death, and we may have both been Wardens, but we represent different factions. My rise to glory will outshine your defeat, and your blood shall forever stain the boots from which the ledge you fell from it sprang.

NephthysIV
09-20-2016, 01:01 PM
No, half the time it's the terrible netcode not reading that you pressed the counter button.
It never happen with me. But yes we need dedicated server. Maybe you were just to slow sometimes :P. I use the Xbox Elite controller and have mapped guardbreak on a padle and don't have to move my finger at all to activate gaurdbreak. And my internet connection is good and stable. Not everyone has the luxury of that.

AliceTheSilent
09-20-2016, 04:21 PM
It never happen with me. But yes we need dedicated server. Maybe you were just to slow sometimes :P. I use the Xbox Elite controller and have mapped guardbreak on a padle and don't have to move my finger at all to activate gaurdbreak. And my internet connection is good and stable. Not everyone has the luxury of that.

I use a regular Xbox controller and don't need to move my fingers to hit it either. It just straight up doesn't register a lot of the time.

Vakris_One
09-20-2016, 06:01 PM
premise: maybe I am a little bit crazy, I'm an INFP and a boy scout chief so I am a person with principles and a great sense of honor ...

Playing at the duel in alpha mode I got this question ... why put the "outmap" kills in a duel!?
Today I found a player who as the main faction of the knights, and had used the warden like me, I think "look at that, is my brother in arms" ... he beat me three times; and for three time he killed me 2 of 3 kill with outmap kill...I have never tried to throw it off the map, and I tried to go and fight in the more open areas and without holes...maybe I'm just an idiot but I think a outmap killing is a killing without honor that does not fit in a duel especially if between two knights...

sorry for my bad english is not my mother language
Historically speaking both Knights and Samurai were actually quite selective about their much lauded notions of honour. Many knights and samurai chose to apply 'honour' whenever it most suited them. Both knights and samurai could go about butchering countless peasants just for looking at them funny and yet still lay claim to being 'honourable' as long as they didn't go around butchering members of royalty for example.

So in that context I'd say the duels in For Honor are indeed quite historically accurate in terms of two warriors doing everything they can in order to survive a fight.

iHunny
09-20-2016, 06:09 PM
Honor is used befor combat, like, not ambush, not gangup on somone and so forth. When in combat the honor goes out the door, you die if you lose.

mikep999
09-21-2016, 12:00 AM
How do you counter a guard break, or grab?

I was on PC with keyboard/mouse.
Yes - I know, should have looked up the relevant key binding.

iHunny
09-21-2016, 12:28 AM
How do you counter a guard break, or grab?

I was on PC with keyboard/mouse.
Yes - I know, should have looked up the relevant key binding.

With the guard break/grab key/button

mikep999
09-21-2016, 12:32 AM
With the guard break/grab key/button

Brilliant, thanks for not making it too obvious.

iHunny
09-21-2016, 12:55 AM
Brilliant, thanks for not making it too obvious.

Oh sorry, you have to more or less use it within a second or so when oponent used it.

WashedByB1ood
09-21-2016, 01:59 AM
Myself and my friend completely agree! We avoid areas with drop offs for this reason. Not everyone will honor an "unwritten code" but we decided to never throw people off and when in brawls we never go 2v1. If one of us finished an opponent off first we will keep our distance and see how our friend fails. If they get killed so be it that is on them and it's on me to get revenge. I have noticed others out there doing the same and I love people who fight with honor. Granted, kicking people off or tag teaming the lone opponent left is part of the game so I'm not complaining at all we just agreed that it was a cheap way to win and decided to not do it. I hope for Honor gets a similar treatment in the way dark souls PvP has. Mostly honorable with players getting each other and having a fair match.

Here's to a bloody Valentine's day! See you on the battlefield!!

Chaos_kid23
09-21-2016, 04:04 AM
an easy solution to this is the give the option of having environment kills or not as matchmaking option. Then just turn off the environment kills off the maps if that is what they choose. Either or have a number of maps with environmental hazards

Lynx7386
09-21-2016, 08:53 AM
Honor doesnt exist in war.

HitMan00
09-21-2016, 03:36 PM
Honor is the Samuari way, but for this game i doubt you'll find any Honor. it's more of killed or be killed. Or gang up on the poor sole that runs onto area C.

Cyclope80
09-21-2016, 06:00 PM
I understand that it is frustrating to be kill outmap but it is the game after all.

When the fight start, just be smart and dont rush to your ennemy. Go back find a sure place and kill him (if u can) ...

" A good soldier win in fight, a good strategy-man win before the fight start" or "un bon soldat remporte la victoire en combat, un bon stratège la remporte avant".