PDA

View Full Version : Dodged but was hit anyway.

IamcalledProphet
09-18-2016, 11:32 AM
Hey there
I noticed something quite annoying in my games. When I dodge the Raiders Heavy side attack or the top stun attack he hits me anyway its not that i'm still ich in range for him he just follows my dodge automatically.
Situation in detail:
Raider swings for a heavy unblockable side attack. I dodge backwards (i'm not in range take the hit). Raider is pushed forwards by a unknown force to stand as close to me as before my dodge while he's still attempting to hit. then due to slow reaction of warden i cant react (block) after dodging. I get the full hit.
same with same with other heroes combo.. (beserkers jump+top hit)

same with guard break..
i expierenced this with guard breaks too. mostly on Orochi, conqueror and Raider.

situation:
i see the sign that he is attempting for a guard break. i dodge backwards (out of range of guardbreaks). he is pushed forward by a unknown force and guardbreaks me.

aand theres another one:
i see his hes guradbreaking me i want to counter break. what happes? im the one whos guradbreak is countered..

could you please explain this to me? am i the only one who noticed? is it meant to be?(then please remove it because it takes the sense of dodging)

NephthysIV
09-18-2016, 11:54 AM
Dodge isn't a button you just have to press and then your are invincible.

You have time your dodge or you will be hit. If you press it to early or to late you get hit. Every attack needs a diffrent timing and some works only for one or two direction.
Most heavy hits, for example right you can only dodge back or in the attack direction (so you have to dodge right). If you doge this leftt you will get hit, because the weapon swing will follow you.

If you get hit by the unblockable side attack from raider your timing was wrong. Probably to eraly, becasue his heavy attacks are so slow. And it's better to dodge it left. Because if you dodge back and are to close you will get it. Best thing is to parry it or stop it with a light attack. You have to doge the top stun attack sideways.

Don't dodge guardbreak, counter it.

And you can counter dodge attacks and dodge spamming with guardbreak. You can counter Orochi with guardbreak who uses her dogde attack for attacking instead counterattacking.

Dodge is fine and if it would be stronger it would be a reallly boring game. Dodings is already pretty easy and strong. And plz don't use only doge to run away. It's so unfun to fight agasint people who doge back all the time. Use Blocks more often than dodges. This isn't Dark Souls with his stupid op and boring dodge roll.

And play more and you will learn how to dodge the diffrent attacks. I hope I could help you.

IamcalledProphet
09-18-2016, 12:07 PM
its not the timing that fails.. my enemies just glitch to forward to take their hit..

Don't dodge guardbreak, counter it. i cant!! when i try to counter this happens: i see he wants to guard break me-> i press guardbreak-> i guardbreak and get countered..

NephthysIV
09-18-2016, 12:33 PM
its not the timing that fails.. my enemies just glitch to forward to take their hit..
Then you dodged in the wrong direction....

iDon't dodge guardbreak, counter it. i cant!! when i try to counter this happens: i see he wants to guard break me-> i press guardbreak-> i guardbreak and get countered..
I don't knwo what you mean. If both press guardpreak they cancel each other out. Would be really stupid if the guard from the one who pressed first guardbreak would break.

IamcalledProphet
09-18-2016, 12:47 PM
Then you dodged in the wrong direction....

if its meant to be that they actually glitch for their hits its done wrong.. thats not what i call fight.. i would name bug-use ..