PDA

View Full Version : Weapons...

AholfDitler
09-18-2016, 05:45 AM
Where to begin... I think the Kensei, his speed is with a 6' long Katana is equal to a viking beserker w/ 2 hatchets? That's just moronic. That sword, translated to real life, would weigh close to 7 pounds total, and be in total length almost 6' long. A.) not remotely historically accurate B.) never ever in real combat would a human wield a sword that size that fast. It just doesn't work that way. You have to compensate in close quarters, and anyone getting inside you guard would immediately kill you considering how GODAWFULLY UNWIELDY THAT THING SHOULD BE.

Onto the Warden, the practically zweilhander sized sword that she's using seems stupidly under powered, yet fast, for how fricken heavy that thing would actually be. I get that you need to balance a game, but please, your target audience of this game is probably going to have SOME knowledge of how sword combat works. This is not remotely accurate, as someone with a decent knowledge of swords this drives me UP THE WALL.

Conqueror overall seems like the "closest" thing to what it'd actually be like to fight in that gear. Slow, clunky, but really hard hitting and defensive. Seems ok in retrospect to what he's equipped with.

The Raider seems alright too, however the immobility and lack of counterplay against his charging attack seems a little idiotic. In a real situation a person would just step aside and cut across his back as he passed by. I don't like that at all.

Berserker doesn't seem very becoming of someone who can be beaten in very close quarters by Kensai in full garb with a MASSIVE sword. That's what bothers me the most, the fact that being close to a man with a huge sword and semi-restrictive gear as a very lightly armored warrior with 2 hatchets and not having a very distinct advantage is infuriating to me. In any real life scenario if the berserker managed to get inside the guard of that massive sword the Kensai would be dead practically immediately barring any mistakes from the berserker.

I don't really have any comments on Orochi yet.