PDA

View Full Version : Balancing problems in For Honor

Leathalwarrio
09-18-2016, 04:25 AM
Okay,:mad: lets start off by saying that assassins in this game are ridiculously OP, i cant get my finger on exactly what needs to change, but any time im against an orochi or a berserker i just ive up because the can just get breaking your block and getting hits off and then they dash a good 10 feet away and then dash back and repeat. Speaking of breaking blocks why the hell are u able to do it over AND over again its completely broken, and whats even more broken??? WHEN A BERSERKER OR AN OROCHI JUST BREAKS UR DEFENSE MODE AS A CONQUER!!!!!!like what he hell, i thought i was supposed to be this bad *** night who could block from all angles and be good in team fights... NOPE they just get close to u because u are i that state plus they are like twice your speed and then they press square or whatever the buttons are for pc/Xbox and the they get a heavy hit on u because ur are just so baffled at how broken it is. and please change orochi and berserkers skill rating to 0 because they take little to no skill whatsoever to play.AND WHY THE **** CAN AN OROCHI DASH 15 FEET FORWARD TO CATCH UP TO U AND DO A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF DAMAGE TO FINISH U OFF WHEN YOU RY AND LEAVE. ubisoft how did u get this so bad?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?? i mean like dont get me wrong i love the game and am addicted but there are some SERIOUS balancing problems that u guys need to fix. Okay now that i got that done lets talk team killing shall we? Okay. So, why the hell can i get shoved down a pit by my team mate? why can why knock my off a ladder?why was that even a thought for ****s sake this just gives internet trolls fuel!

Thai24
09-18-2016, 03:49 PM
Okay,:mad: lets start off by saying that assassins in this game are ridiculously OP, i cant get my finger on exactly what needs to change, but any time im against an orochi or a berserker i just ive up because the can just get breaking your block and getting hits off and then they dash a good 10 feet away and then dash back and repeat. Speaking of breaking blocks why the hell are u able to do it over AND over again its completely broken, and whats even more broken??? WHEN A BERSERKER OR AN OROCHI JUST BREAKS UR DEFENSE MODE AS A CONQUER!!!!!!like what he hell, i thought i was supposed to be this bad *** night who could block from all angles and be good in team fights... NOPE they just get close to u because u are i that state plus they are like twice your speed and then they press square or whatever the buttons are for pc/Xbox and the they get a heavy hit on u because ur are just so baffled at how broken it is. and please change orochi and berserkers skill rating to 0 because they take little to no skill whatsoever to play.AND WHY THE **** CAN AN OROCHI DASH 15 FEET FORWARD TO CATCH UP TO U AND DO A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF DAMAGE TO FINISH U OFF WHEN YOU RY AND LEAVE. ubisoft how did u get this so bad?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?? i mean like dont get me wrong i love the game and am addicted but there are some SERIOUS balancing problems that u guys need to fix. Okay now that i got that done lets talk team killing shall we? Okay. So, why the hell can i get shoved down a pit by my team mate? why can why knock my off a ladder?why was that even a thought for ****s sake this just gives internet trolls fuel!

I don't see any probs with orochi . I respectfully disagree w/ you about that. Orochi's dash can be blocked, or you can simply un-target him and side-roll out of the dash then quickly counter. A more advanced way to counter the dash is that if you pay close attention, you'll realize that the dash can only go for a fixed distance, so just back off and wait for him to come and miss the attack, then punish him. The game encourages you to stand and fight (that's why it is called "For Honor", and the developers had included a "comeback mechanic"-Revenge mode). Indeed orochi is quick af but a simple knight's (forward dash -> guard break -> upper heavy) can chunk away tons of hp from orochi.
However, I must agree w/ you about the Berserker., this guy is poorly-designed. He is just as quick as orochi, can side-step and do the similar "zephyr slash".AND an un-counter-able guardbreak (after a block) is simply WTF. I've seen people picking berserker, guard-breaking opponents around -> spam one simple attack move and click emotes as if they're so pro.
In short, in my opinion, Orochi isn't broken, Berserker is.
To Ubisoft: A simple idea about fixing berserker from me is just make his signature guard break counter-able. Then players with quick reflex can counter it.
Or make it an attack similar to orochi's wind gust which chips away a little portion of hp (but this way will make berserker an "orochi ver.2", so I prefer option 1)
Cheers! I have high hope for this game, it is still alpha and there's plenty of time to balance it before the release.

AzureCerberus
09-18-2016, 08:33 PM
Learn to counter them scrub, use raider and ground lock them or as conqueror keep shield charge lock them not that hard. If you have them locked down they almost can't do anything.

Demoraliz3
09-19-2016, 04:49 AM
I must say i totally agreed with you when i started to play this game , on the third day i finally understanded how to play again orachi with beserker . Now im just kicking *** and laughing at the orachi noobies who think they are great because they mastered the counter attack move . Best tactic simply dont attack them only counter with beserker or do jumping attacks . then at least they wont be able to deal easy damage to you

Razor__Fox
09-19-2016, 11:24 AM
I found assassins pretty easy to deal with after a few games. its all about positioning and distance control. if you CAN, try to fight them near a wall or obstacle, guard break and throw them into a wall and you get a free heavy strike, which on an assassin is a virtual death sentence.

Once I got into my groove with the conqueror I found I could bully the wee fellas. shove them about with a shield charge and you can chain a free light attack into them. Not a big deal to most characters, but against an assassin that's a decent chunk of health. It also had the rather nice side effect of taking some stamina to boot.

In short, don't just spam attacks at them and they lose a lot of their power. set them up and use your surroundings.

RCarapia
09-22-2016, 03:56 PM
Why don't just bring some realism to the game? Like, every warrior, soldier and whatever could do parries, guard breaking, counters, grabbing attacks...
Making, let's say, parry a specialty of one particular soldier is out of balance. If I wanted to do so I would need to play with samurais on this game. What if I wanted to play as a warden?
Every historical fighting style had ways and ways to improve with time to beat oponnents in war.
Maybe, to balance, making some special abilities that are not in the fighting style bounds, or the fight itself, is the way to go.
If you get the concepts of HEMA you can see clearly what a sword fight is.

OneRakash
09-22-2016, 05:03 PM
Lethalwarrior,

I did'nt read your comment in its entire lenght but for what I read and what I understood, I agree with you about the assassins characters in this game, and the balance between classes. Indeed the assassins have too many moves, so as many possibilities to beat you. They move fast ok it is inherent to the assassin's class but in the same time, they deal many damages, and can pass through your guard.

Actually, except the Knights, every one can pass through the guard. And that is ******** ! If we put apart the fact it is clearly unbalanced, it does not make any sense ! Or Ubisoft can just delete the guard system, and we just have to hit faster and stronger until the first opponent die. I was told that the goal of this game was "the art of battle", where skill is the most important, but it seems it is just "to hit, and hit again".

I would like to come back to the unbalanced skills : in fact, even the berseker, the raider and the kensei have too many options to defeat their opponents, with active or passive abilities for controling, hitting, or parrying, instead the kights can only,hit, parry or break a guard, like every characters, with nothing more.

To finish, and to avoid the "it is not true" or "stop raging" comments, I would point that statistically during this alpha (it is an approximation) 50% of the players in a Dominion game have been playing orochi, 25% have been playing kensei, berserker or raider in equal part, and the remaining 25% have been playing the six proposed characters in equal part. It is not a surprise when you know that people are always going to the easiness and so it really reveals what I have just told.

DBLxxShotz
09-22-2016, 09:07 PM
To finish, and to avoid the "it is not true" or "stop raging" comments, I would point that statistically during this alpha (it is an approximation) 50% of the players in a Dominion game have been playing orochi, 25% have been playing kensei, berserker or raider in equal part, and the remaining 25% have been playing the six proposed characters in equal part. It is not a surprise when you know that people are always going to the easiness and so it really reveals what I have just told.

And all those players taking the easy road are going to stop playing the game after a couple of weeks when the truly skilled players who took the time to figure things out start destroying them no matter who they pick. I think as time goes by and guys start to master the game we are going to see some absolutely epic 1v1 battles. Wouldnt surprise me if it gets to the point where each round lasts 2 min instead of 30seconds to a minute like in the alpha.

Pirate-Meow
09-23-2016, 03:19 PM
Git gut...