PDA

View Full Version : Controller highly recommended

Xecutioner84
09-18-2016, 02:03 AM
mouse controls on this game are alright but if you want the best gameplay get a controller for this even if on pc.

Brozeakial1030
09-18-2016, 04:23 AM
Yeah im regretting not picking one up for this. im no pro gammer but dang im getting stompped every other faceoff in game. lol

Nihility007
09-18-2016, 12:35 PM
I have a steam controller. I haven't used it yet for this. do you recommend?

pillevin
09-19-2016, 10:32 AM
I just gave up on the controller, in hindsight I wish I hadn't wasted time trying to get the hang of it. Sure it seems like it would be natural, but controller play has one fatail (!) flaw: you can't be ready to block (right stick) and guard break / counter-guard break (X) at the same time.

Also I find it very distracting to move the character with left stick and look around with right stick, compared to keyboard + mouse look, but that could be just lack of practice I guess.

Demoraliz3
09-19-2016, 12:17 PM
how strange this may sound , mouse and keyboard are more practicle for this game then a controller , ive used both ( xbox controller) and i actually switched back to keyboard and mouse ,, just make sure you change Alt to a mouse button .

Roy_McDunno
09-19-2016, 01:55 PM
just make sure you change Alt to a mouse button .
Hm, I set voice-chat in Alt, but what's on the Alt-button by default?

SliceOBread
09-19-2016, 05:00 PM
I must say that controller for ps4 works really well for the game. I didn't play it on my pc (i'm mainly pc player) but i can't imagine this game being on mouse + keyboard. Sticks on ps4 controller are just at the right place for every action. Guard break doesn't need directional guard so you can simply fast press it that's all. Looking as pillevin said is easier with mouse but it's not that much of a challange with sticks. At the other side guarding with sticks feel way more natural in my perspective. You hold right for right etc.Since the game doesn't emphasize much on the controller precision i hope that i'll be able to play from both my pc and ps4 with same account while having player base from all platforms for each platform. That would be awesome :D