PDA

View Full Version : 2handed viking gets instant stun remove or this games done for

Xecutioner84
09-18-2016, 01:56 AM
I love how a guy can just smash me in the wall then as I get up he instant stuns me and murders me this games going places hahaha.

DeathofCaine
09-18-2016, 02:19 AM
Positioning man. Observe the battlefield and make sure you aren't in a position that will get you cornered/pressed into a wall. Don't initiate combat when that's the case.

Sometimes, I understand, that can't always be avoided. The Raider's top stun (the love tap ;))can be blocked and side stepped, and his guard break can also be countered if you quickly guard break back.

He's also really slow. If you swing quick enough with a light attack he won't be able to do any of that until you finish your combo. Make sure if he blocks it all, you step back and avoid the guard break counter that's likely coming, and quickly get your guard up to protect against the potential long range attack if he doesn't go for the immediate guard break.

Do that and you'll be able to get hits in on him real easy when he misses. The Raider's pattern is very basic.

AvarusTyrannus
09-18-2016, 08:31 AM
If you see a Raider coming at you I'd say 9/10 times he's going to go for the tackle, just as 10/10 times the Conq is going to shield bash. Expect it and side dodge to punish his predictable behavior. If it happens up close after a guard break that you didn't counter, try to read the upcoming attack. Most Raider's they get greedy after that move and go for an overhead heavy, you are stunned but not staggered you can get your guard up and block it. Luckily that axe is massive and it pretty well telegraphs what side it's coming from so with practice you can block the attack.

If the raider rush tackles you from the side or back while you were dueling someone else, well then you really didn't have much hope. Sometimes you see them coming still and can dodge, but generally it's not much longer until you are waiting for respawn, it happens everyone. Sometimes you get lucky and the kill thirsty raider will knock an ally off a ledge while carrying you.