PDA

View Full Version : remove revenge skill it's pointless

Xecutioner84
09-18-2016, 01:55 AM
sorry but a skill that instant makes you god like is pure stupid. they shouldn't be able to 2 v 1 cause they're some how blocking one players move.

DeathofCaine
09-18-2016, 02:50 AM
Godlike? How so?

You still take damage. You can still guard break a revenge opponent. You could also just back off for a second and finish him when he calms down.

I see a lot of complaining from you, but I have the feeling the problem is in the mirror bud. In one post you complain that you can't win 2v1, then you turn around and complain when revenge balances the fight in your favor so you might actually have a chance to win a 2v1.

So which one is it?

Smurfsauce
09-18-2016, 03:02 AM
The thing about Revenge is that it's fine in Dominion. There it makes sense. In Duels it's a dumb idea because it can occasionally give you some free wins. At least in Dominion, things like being surrounded by two or three opponents is common; that's where Revenge shines and makes sense. It's should give you an edge against terrible odds. So in the end, I personally think it's a neat feature that simply needs to be reworked/restricted in some parts.

Xecutioner84
09-18-2016, 03:10 AM
these are just my complaints I have, the revenge i'm not a fan of cause when I go to hit a guy from behind the game automatically makes me get blocked and I get knocked down. I appreciate the alpha invite to this game but I'll be passing on this one until it's on a big sale. I hope it succeeds for those but this is a niche game just like chivalry was and that game is getting really low on player count.

Smurfsauce
09-18-2016, 03:44 AM
these are just my complaints I have, the revenge i'm not a fan of cause when I go to hit a guy from behind the game automatically makes me get blocked and I get knocked down. I appreciate the alpha invite to this game but I'll be passing on this one until it's on a big sale. I hope it succeeds for those but this is a niche game just like chivalry was and that game is getting really low on player count.

That's because they timed Revenge correctly to knock you down. That's not to say it's hard or anything. It is certainly annoying; although in most Dominion settings your team still has the advantage simply because there's two of you (or more) against one person who is using Revenge. I'm not a fan in a 1v1 setting of being knocked down from a timely Revenge. If anything, they should just remove the knockdown entirely. Parry/Stagger is fair because that's how activating it works (except a bit easier).

Given the nature of how this game plays and should be played, Revenge is too good of an idea to just remove. It simply needs to be altered.

Kombucho
09-18-2016, 07:16 AM
better just whine about stuff than learn to play eh

AvarusTyrannus
09-18-2016, 08:09 AM

So you mean when you go to gank a guy in the back while he is dueling someone else, he gets revenge mode, triggers it and blocks your shady backstab? Sounds to me like the system is working perfectly then.

I have to agree that revenge shouldn't be in duel mode, along with feats and gear. Duel mode should be pure skill.

Nihility007
09-18-2016, 09:34 AM
sorry but a skill that instant makes you god like is pure stupid. they shouldn't be able to 2 v 1 cause they're some how blocking one players move.

I loooooove the revenge mode! It's punishment for teams that attempt to swing things in their favor by outnumbering someone.

The best way to not be subject to revenge, is to not team up on someone. If they time their activation on your attack, you will be knocked down.

And it's not like it's a secret. There's a big flashing icon that will show when they have revenge available. When you see that, if you persist then you are asking for what you get.

I had one fight where I took out the enemy team 1v3. They ganged up on me as a berseker. I dropped back into a defensive/reactive frame of mind and focused on blocking and once revenge was ready I activated when they all tried to attack me at once(rude and unfair), knocking them all down. Then I started my "berserker dance" and took them out in my flurry of attacks. It was glorious. And it was only possible because they tried to create an unfair advantage.

I'm also specifically built to gain revenge faster, and do more damage while in revenge. All because I want to be good against teams ganging up, which happens way too often. I give up potential damage outside of revenge mode as well as a tier 2 feat in order to do so. It's all trade offs.

Revenge mode is one of the best things they've added.

IamcalledProphet
09-18-2016, 10:30 AM
How weak are you to push your duel enemy in revenge mode? i finish my enemies before they reach revenge state..

its one good way to outplay żour 2v1 enemies and its not godlike because you have to think what you do.. if you attack your oppenent permanently you have to think that he gets a comback..

I think Revenge mode is fine like it is..

fearless-123
09-18-2016, 10:49 AM
I agree it needs removing its stupid I lost count how many times I should have killed someone then they pop revenge out of nowhere then they kill you because they do more damage take less damage and hit faster it takes no skill to use.

IamcalledProphet
09-18-2016, 12:39 PM
I agree it needs removing its stupid I lost count how many times I should have killed someone then they pop revenge out of nowhere then they kill you because they do more damage take less damage and hit faster it takes no skill to use.

it takes no skill to fight 2 vs 1 ..

there is more skill fighting and blocking attacks from two heroes than engaging duels on the battlefield to get 2vs1-fights.. Revenge mode is your reward for standing the fight..

fearless-123
09-18-2016, 01:10 PM
it takes no skill to fight 2 vs 1 ..

there is more skill fighting and blocking attacks from two heroes than engaging duels on the battlefield to get 2vs1-fights.. Revenge mode is your reward for standing the fight..

It's just crap should not be in the game you should be able to block better instead of O **** am goin to lose lets pop revenge then swing faster do more damage take less damage from a fight I was goin to lose

TheDoomKnight
09-18-2016, 01:35 PM
It's just crap should not be in the game you should be able to block better instead of O **** am goin to lose lets pop revenge then swing faster do more damage take less damage from a fight I was goin to lose

you don't know how the skill works then, you don't swing faster (to my knowledge unless there is equipment) nor take less damage you have some extra "armor" which takes damage in place of your health but otherwise you take the same amount as normal and revenge doesn't guarantee a win just puts you on some more even terms, i only dislike it in duel modes as it really has no place there but any other mode yeah cause it helps counteract ganging up on people cause blocking only works for so long

FHL Team sbt
09-18-2016, 02:02 PM
What the faq is wrong with half of this community they just moan about crap thats perfectly fine. Its a problem with the user. not the game Keep revenge please

Ragnar---
09-18-2016, 03:56 PM
Revenge as it stands is a pretty broken mechanic. There are a times when two people are attacking me and it does not trigger, however I can be fighting somebody one v one and it will trigger for him. There also needs to be a cooldown to maybe one revenge per life as people can get revenge and then reactivate it a few seconds later.

AvarusTyrannus
09-18-2016, 07:16 PM
Revenge as it stands is a pretty broken mechanic. There are a times when two people are attacking me and it does not trigger, however I can be fighting somebody one v one and it will trigger for him. There also needs to be a cooldown to maybe one revenge per life as people can get revenge and then reactivate it a few seconds later.

If you keep ganging up on someone they will keep earning it. It also depends on what they have their gear specced as. Some will gain it faster but burn out quicker in exchange.

It's also hardly a free win, you can still grab and attack people just as always. I think the real problem here is gank squads get mad when their attack spam stops working. Revenge mode means that you can't cancel attacks by hitting them so suddenly two or three people hacking away with light attacks doesn't get you that tasty kill assist you are so hungry for. When they pop revenge take a beat and get ready to block, it's hardly a god mode, if you are consistently falling to it maybe you need to reassess your approach.

Ragnar---
09-18-2016, 07:58 PM
If you keep ganging up on someone they will keep earning it. It also depends on what they have their gear specced as. Some will gain it faster but burn out quicker in exchange.

It's also hardly a free win, you can still grab and attack people just as always. I think the real problem here is gank squads get mad when their attack spam stops working. Revenge mode means that you can't cancel attacks by hitting them so suddenly two or three people hacking away with light attacks doesn't get you that tasty kill assist you are so hungry for. When they pop revenge take a beat and get ready to block, it's hardly a god mode, if you are consistently falling to it maybe you need to reassess your approach.

If revenge happens during a 1v1, it's not fine. Sorry friend.

Monte.Hayes
09-18-2016, 08:12 PM
Rework not Remove

The revenge needs to be reworked not removed, I think that it is a bit too much at the moment. Plenty of decent players can 3v1 and I even 4v1 a group yesterday. The problem is that too many people play this like a call of duty game, they run around alone thinking they can just fight an entire team. The revenge has become a crutch and exploit so that you can solo teams if you know what you are doing, which is wrong. I think you need a system to allow people to fight off multiple enemies so they can survive and either get away or wait for a teammate to help; not kill all three attackers by them self.
This game (talking about dominion) is a team game, you can't carry your team with kills and you shouldn't be able too. If you are getting attacked by multiple people they need a system that allows you to escape and regroup with your team not win a 4v1. So a rework that allows you stun and damage your opponents so you can run would be better because a player should be smart enough to run away, it is a tactic.

AzureCerberus
09-18-2016, 08:35 PM
TC is salty being revenged on, Revenge needs to stay to counter ganks.

Skosn
09-18-2016, 09:57 PM
Rework not Remove

The revenge needs to be reworked not removed, I think that it is a bit too much at the moment. Plenty of decent players can 3v1 and I even 4v1 a group yesterday. The problem is that too many people play this like a call of duty game, they run around alone thinking they can just fight an entire team. The revenge has become a crutch and exploit so that you can solo teams if you know what you are doing, which is wrong. I think you need a system to allow people to fight off multiple enemies so they can survive and either get away or wait for a teammate to help; not kill all three attackers by them self.
This game (talking about dominion) is a team game, you can't carry your team with kills and you shouldn't be able too. If you are getting attacked by multiple people they need a system that allows you to escape and regroup with your team not win a 4v1. So a rework that allows you stun and damage your opponents so you can run would be better because a player should be smart enough to run away, it is a tactic.

I don't think anyone would run if they gain a free AE stun just for blocking good. That would be basicly granting you 1 or 2 free hits which is far more powerful, than it is now.
Also I don't think they should rework it. The idea was to give the outnumbered player something to survive multiple opponents, so it does what it should. And if the attackers are stupid like 99% of the players I see running around and spamming light attacks on guys in revenge mode, then they just deserve to be crushed.

TheDoomKnight
09-18-2016, 09:57 PM

no revenge in duel or brawl is not fine any other game mode with 3 or more players it's fine, as stated before equipment can increase how fast you get it as well as feats

Aura of Souls
09-18-2016, 11:19 PM
Every complaint in this thread about revenge mode boils down to user error. Just because you lack the ability to adapt to your enemies doesn't make a feature broken. The only relevant change to revenge mode suggested here I can agree with is it being in duel mode or not.

PolfPilfEtavirp
09-19-2016, 01:06 AM
Maybe you're just bad at the game.

DeathofCaine
09-19-2016, 01:40 AM
It's just a crutch for bad players to get a chance to turn around fights where they were playing like **** and getting stomped.
If that was truly the case, than that bad player should still be dead. If revenge is enough to turn the tide from you stomping a bad player to you getting stomped by that same bad player - perhaps you're both bad? A players tactics don't change because they used revenge - if you haven't read your opponent by then... :rolleyes:

AvarusTyrannus
09-19-2016, 02:58 AM
If in Dom they are gaining revenge during a 1v1 then either your buddies got too close, just died to them, or you are taking waaaaay too long to kill them. If those things happen adding in the impact of people who spec their gear for revenge, well that's the system at work. If we are talking duel mode then that's different. I'm fine with it being removed from that.

Really a lot of the revenge complaints appear to be from people who don't know how to capitalize on it or are too attack spammy to protect themselves from it. Double so on the later point considering it often comes about in 1vMore fights if you and your buddy can't avoid dying to it then you just plain got out skilled. Stayed in too close and tried to get hits in. Better to play defensive when your opponent has super dauntless mode on I mean that should be obvious.

It's just a crutch for bad players to get a chance to turn around fights where they were playing like **** and getting stomped. When really if you suck and **** up you should die accordingly.

Unfortunately it's so heavily worked into the game I can't see it getting removed, but if it's nerfed a bit that might be good enough.
If you are stomping bad players 1v1 and they get Revenge...you are doing something wrong...even worse if they kill you with it. Most times people get it when in a 1vMore in which case them getting it and killing you...well they aren't the bad player in the situation then. You had a numbers advantage after all.

JTXInfinity
09-19-2016, 03:58 AM
I don't think there's any reason to remove it. It only kicks in when you're already f##ed and more importantly it's the only thing that helps you when you're outnumbered.

Patient_Fodder
09-19-2016, 09:08 AM
Even footsoldiers seem to trigger the revenge system (but I could be wrong).
I don't like it.

Skosn
09-19-2016, 09:21 AM
It's just a crutch for bad players to get a chance to turn around fights where they were playing like **** and getting stomped. When really if you suck and **** up you should die accordingly.

Unfortunately it's so heavily worked into the game I can't see it getting removed, but if it's nerfed a bit that might be good enough.

In the Alphas last year there was no revenge mode and it was nearly impossible to win 2v1 situations. Even for skilled players fighting against 2 bad players.
This was the reason revenge was added in the first place and it works quite well.

Even footsoldiers seem to trigger the revenge system (but I could be wrong).
I don't like it.

Didn't watched for this, but since your attacks grant you a little bit of revenge it could be possible. Nevertheless it seems that you need to kill a huge amount of soldiers to trigger it.

Patient_Fodder
09-19-2016, 11:10 AM
Didn't watched for this, but since your attacks grant you a little bit of revenge it could be possible. Nevertheless it seems that you need to kill a huge amount of soldiers to trigger it.

Not if you are a Warden fighting a Hero, and used inspire .... any soldier attacking is a 2nd one or more in that case.
Sometimes up to 4 attack.
: o)

Demoraliz3
09-19-2016, 12:21 PM
its a great sytem but not in duel or brawl ,, or lets say it should only activate when a 2vs1 situation happens.

SliceOBread
09-19-2016, 05:10 PM
Nope it's fun even with 1v1. When one player has stats bonuses towards his atack / defense etc. why someone else can't have towards revenge mode ? Which is still only few seconds long ? You can easily block, deflect, guardbreak etc. In short

1. All the time of the duel you'v got higher stats than enemy
2. Enemy outranks your stats only for a few seconds
3. The difference isn't that big, the only op part is that if he casts it when u atack than ur down and most probably dead by then. But against good players you can be downed even without revenge in that situation. For example raiders which in my opinion should be renamed to Bullrusher. The fight is more like corrida where you dodge charges of the oversized buffalo instead of fighting.

In my opinion you could add option for matchmaking filter so that players might queue with and without it.

TheDoomKnight
09-19-2016, 09:16 PM
Nope it's fun even with 1v1. When one player has stats bonuses towards his atack / defense etc. why someone else can't have towards revenge mode ? Which is still only few seconds long ? You can easily block, deflect, guardbreak etc. In short

1. All the time of the duel you'v got higher stats than enemy
2. Enemy outranks your stats only for a few seconds
3. The difference isn't that big, the only op part is that if he casts it when u atack than ur down and most probably dead by then. But against good players you can be downed even without revenge in that situation. For example raiders which in my opinion should be renamed to Bullrusher. The fight is more like corrida where you dodge charges of the oversized buffalo instead of fighting.

In my opinion you could add option for matchmaking filter so that players might queue with and without it.

when you say 1v1 you mean duel/brawl mode or just 1v1ing in general? cause most agree that it shouldn't be in duel/brawl mode
my opinion in duel/brawl is that there shouldn't be any stats applied from your gear just skill cause what happens if you get matched against someone with god-tier gear and you have nothing(just an extreme example)
seems like a practical solution to duel/brawl mode but then people would probably only queue with that filter therefore defeating the purpose of it

Barzah
09-20-2016, 10:19 AM
how to hard counter Revenge mode? by simply gtfo or just dodge every attack
https://youtu.be/maXygmsWobA?t=6m49s

On every situation, when you see your opponent glowing, either you just lure him to use revenge or...not doing anything since the bar will steadily decrease after that

case solved

Retro79120
09-20-2016, 10:41 AM
How weak are you to push your duel enemy in revenge mode? i finish my enemies before they reach revenge state..

its one good way to outplay żour 2v1 enemies and its not godlike because you have to think what you do.. if you attack your oppenent permanently you have to think that he gets a comback..

I think Revenge mode is fine like it is..

I agree. People need to learn their situation period in for honor, revenge mode a feature that shouldn't be touched at all in any game mode its fine how the way it is. People don't want to deal with a challenge so they'll ask for something to fit their way in games, in for honor no one shouldn't get a easy way out FOR HONOR IS A SKILED BASED GAME even with revenge mode its still a skill based game if u can't work around situation in for honor then your just not that skilled plain and simple. Get better or don't its up to u be don't ruin the games balance just because your not good and can't work around situations.

TheDoomKnight
09-20-2016, 10:54 AM
I agree. People need to learn their situation period in for honor, revenge mode a feature that shouldn't be touched at all in any game mode its fine how the way it is. People don't want to deal with a challenge so they'll ask for something to fit their way in games, in for honor no one shouldn't get a easy way out FOR HONOR IS A SKILED BASED GAME even with revenge mode its still a skill based game if u can't work around situation in for honor then your just not that skilled plain and simple. Get better or don't its up to u be don't ruin the games balance just because your not good and can't work around situations.

i take it English isn't your 1st language or your grammar and spelling is just lacking, doesn't take skill to use revenge mode in duel turn it on at the right time and more often that not you get a guaranteed win i honestly think duel/brawl should just be pure skill no revenge mode,no equipment stats just how well you play
and besides the OP probably was just one of the many people that gang up on people in dominion and didn't like that people got something to fight back with
no need to be a **** to people that haven't gotten used to it, it was just an alpha test it takes time to develop skill for common folk

Barzah
09-20-2016, 11:15 AM
i take it English isn't your 1st language or your grammar and spelling is just lacking, doesn't take skill to use revenge mode in duel turn it on at the right time and more often that not you get a guaranteed win i honestly think duel/brawl should just be pure skill no revenge mode,no equipment stats just how well you play
and besides the OP probably was just one of the many people that gang up on people in dominion and didn't like that people got something to fight back with
no need to be a **** to people that haven't gotten used to it, it was just an alpha test it takes time to develop skill for common folk

Well, revenge on duel & brawl is very good against good people who know how to relentlessly bludgeoning his/her opponent 24/7 without giving them time to react for parry/dodge. In this situation, there are little to not things that you can do aside from accepting every attack, jamming your thumbs or forefinger(mouse) on blockbreak because obv this is one of the many way for your enemy to bypass your defense, while patiently waiting for your revenge meter to fill.

Razor__Fox
09-20-2016, 11:45 AM

Yeah that's exactly what the revenge mode is designed for, to give a player a chance against multiple opponents.

Sounds like you just got outplayed.

Razor__Fox
09-20-2016, 11:48 AM
there are little to not things that you can do aside from accepting every attack, jamming your thumbs or forefinger(mouse) on blockbreak because obv this is one of the many way for your enemy to bypass your defense, while patiently waiting for your revenge meter to fill.

Parry. Dodge. Counter attack. there are SO many things you can do in a one on one.

If someone is spamming attacks at you then they are basically handing you a win.

Barzah
09-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Parry. Dodge. Counter attack. there are SO many things you can do in a one on one. If someone is spamming attacks at you then they are basically handing you a win.
Well that's questionable your enemy got brain cell and start using feint mixup with attack or guardbreak while try to cornering you, which is the main reason why the revenge mode always save me on that moment.

Razor__Fox
09-20-2016, 04:54 PM
Well that's questionable your enemy got brain cell and start using feint mixup with attack or guardbreak while try to cornering you, which is the main reason why the revenge mode always save me on that moment.

Well that just sounds like you are getting out played by a more skillful player. If they are mixing up their attacks with feints then they aren't attacking you at that moment which means you can roll out of the way or sneak a light attack in. Guardbreak is irritating, but it only really guarantees a light attack or a push, the heavy attack is too slow to land unless you are fighting an orochi. if you let your opponent pin you in a corner then that's your fault, you have been out-manoeuvered by a superior opponent.

Revenge mode was originally put into the game as a way of giving 1 player a better chance of survival against 2 opponents. in a one on one it shouldn't even build up in my opinion. never really found it game breaking one way or the other though.

TheDoomKnight
09-20-2016, 09:57 PM

patience, you can win even fights that seem to be hopeless I've done it without revenge mode I've even done it against a revenge mode but you just gotta to have quick reaction time so even if they feint you can still block just gotta have quick timing, trying to rush fights is what costs most fights

Barzah
09-21-2016, 03:44 AM
patience, you can win even fights that seem to be hopeless I've done it without revenge mode I've even done it against a revenge mode but you just gotta to have quick reaction time so even if they feint you can still block just gotta have quick timing, trying to rush fights is what costs most fights

Well that just sounds like you are getting out played by a more skillful player. If they are mixing up their attacks with feints then they aren't attacking you at that moment which means you can roll out of the way or sneak a light attack in. Guardbreak is irritating, but it only really guarantees a light attack or a push, the heavy attack is too slow to land unless you are fighting an orochi. if you let your opponent pin you in a corner then that's your fault, you have been out-manoeuvered by a superior opponent.

Revenge mode was originally put into the game as a way of giving 1 player a better chance of survival against 2 opponents. in a one on one it shouldn't even build up in my opinion. never really found it game breaking one way or the other though.

So getting comeback by using revenge on duel is not count as skillful?

TheDoomKnight
09-21-2016, 04:42 AM

you missed the whole point of what i said, but the short of it yeah not that much skill you turn it on when they the swing and you get free hits which will normally give you the win so not really any skill other than timing there is always the case of you not having hit them at all so it won't guarantee your win but if you're just cowering and blocking the whole time just to get revenge there's no skill in that either so revenge in duel doesn't really promote getting skill i can understand brawl but only once it becomes a 2v1
but in my opinion duel/brawl should have no variables in it other than skill no revenge and no equipment stats just you and your ability to play

Razor__Fox
09-21-2016, 09:04 AM

Nope. Like Doom Knight said above, you literally press one button when you're being attacked and you knock your opponent to the ground and get a free heavy attack, with boosted damage, AND all your follow ups are uninterruptable, AND you have unlimited stamina. Basically if the fights even remotely close then this will win it for you automatically. if it doesnt win it for you then you're opponent must have been much MUCH better than you so you didnt deserve a win anyway.

iHunny
09-21-2016, 01:23 PM
Nope. Like Doom Knight said above, you literally press one button when you're being attacked and you knock your opponent to the ground and get a free heavy attack, with boosted damage, AND all your follow ups are uninterruptable, AND you have unlimited stamina. Basically if the fights even remotely close then this will win it for you automatically. if it doesnt win it for you then you're opponent must have been much MUCH better than you so you didnt deserve a win anyway.

Its far from a automatic win. Uniteruptabe attacks can still be parried and blocked as normal, and you can still move away to give some space. And there is visual help to notice when a oponent have reached full revenge. However, I do agree that revenge in duel mode is not needed.

djb204
09-21-2016, 04:17 PM
As long as there is 2v1, 3v1, and 4v1. Revenge will be in the game.

Razor__Fox
09-21-2016, 04:20 PM
Its far from a automatic win. Uniteruptabe attacks can still be parried and blocked as normal, and you can still move away to give some space. And there is visual help to notice when a oponent have reached full revenge. However, I do agree that revenge in duel mode is not needed.

Perhaps automatic win is too strong.

Crutch would be more appropriate.

SliceOBread
09-21-2016, 05:08 PM
when you say 1v1 you mean duel/brawl mode or just 1v1ing in general? cause most agree that it shouldn't be in duel/brawl mode
my opinion in duel/brawl is that there shouldn't be any stats applied from your gear just skill cause what happens if you get matched against someone with god-tier gear and you have nothing(just an extreme example)
seems like a practical solution to duel/brawl mode but then people would probably only queue with that filter therefore defeating the purpose of it

I mean both duel and brawl modes. In my opinion revenge is additional mechanic which some players might like more. Like for example some people in rpg's like to have their basic atacks stronger, other their skills, others like buffs. It's not like revenge mode makes you god. You'r just stronger and sturdier for a few sec and after that your stats are under ur oponents since he didn't invest in revenge mode but in skills, atack dmg, def or other stuff. I think that this makes the game more interesting. And in real battles you could the revenge mode call adrenaline rush (humans have this happen in life threathening situations for example close to be killed by enemy in duel, thats what makes you dodge even when you got no more strength).

Cyclope80
09-21-2016, 05:32 PM
Remove Revenge is pur stupid, we REALLY NEED it in order to Punish the 2v1 3v1 ....
Revenge in 1v1 isn't necessary howerver 4V4 is so usefull.

To my mind.