PDA

View Full Version : Is there a class that uses spears in this game?

Jonnycbad
09-17-2016, 11:00 PM
Just got an alpha code to try this out and I deeply love spears in games but most MMO/RPGs/Medieval Combat games lack spears in favor of typical sword/axe/mace/bows. So wondering if I can play with spears in this?

ksatnodesaelp
09-18-2016, 12:31 AM
Valkyrie has a spear and shield combo, nobushi has a naginata, and lawbringer has a poleaxe/halberd (I'm not enough of a medieval weapon buff to know the difference)

TheDoomKnight
09-18-2016, 07:22 AM
Valkyrie has a spear and shield combo, nobushi has a naginata, and lawbringer has a poleaxe/halberd (I'm not enough of a medieval weapon buff to know the difference)

poleaxe is just an axe on a pole while a halberd has the spear at the end as far as i know

InternalWinter
09-18-2016, 12:00 PM
Just got an alpha code to try this out and I deeply love spears in games but most MMO/RPGs/Medieval Combat games lack spears in favor of typical sword/axe/mace/bows. So wondering if I can play with spears in this?

I can bet there will be a Zulu warrior class as DLC. One of the subclasses will most probably use spear/shield.

shadowplague22
09-22-2016, 05:07 PM
Well the lawbringer brings 4 weapons with him. A pole, a hammer, an axe, and a spear/pike. And that's a pole-axe.

HitMan00
09-22-2016, 05:11 PM
here you go a full look at all the classes with there weapons.

http://gearnuke.com/ubisoft-details-honors-classes-multiplayer-modes/

Dienekes12
09-22-2016, 06:08 PM
Not exactly, there are a few differences. Namely, the halberd's spearhead (which both weapons should have) is usually a lot longer. The halberd's axehead (which again they both had) was usually larger as well. But the key differences are the back of the weapon, the back of the halberd's axehead had a spike or small hook, while the poleaxe usually had a small hammer. There is also a different weapon that has a spear point, and then a hammer and backspike for its head. This was also called a poleax or warhammer, or pole-hammer. Personally I prefer calling that weapon a pole-hammer because it makes the division between weapons easier to see at a glance. But, you know, in case anyone sees that weapon called a poleax they'll know that's not wrong, just a confusing name applied to too many things.

In any case, the weapon that the Lawbringer uses looks to be a poleaxe, just one with a particularly large axehead, one that you would most likely see on a halberd. But the back is definitely a hammer, so, poleaxe.